Options

Thursday 25th July 2019 - It's hot here at night, lonely, black and quiet

Morning.

Lyrics - It's hot here at night, lonely, black and quiet

I've used these before but appropriate for today - we are forecast a high of 36C! It's going to feel cold from tomorrow, down to 19C on Sunday 
:(

What:             whatever the legs are up for
Why:              it's lovely out there
Last hard:      I'm not doing hard
Last rest:       14/6 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    OH - Another great photo!
    belated hello to Maccazz...(sorry!)
    What - coaching the U11s, I'm aiming to do a few strides beforehand
    Why - Down day. 
    Last rest - 8 days
    last hard - Tuesday
    Did 9k recovery yesterday lunchtime, I'm guessing high 20s. Work pal and I did the pre and post run weigh in to check 'sweat loss' - pace a sedate 8:45 m/m and loss of 2kg , so 2 litres...Hardly the most calibrated of scales, nor the most stringent of tests, but similar results. 

Be careful out there!

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Definitely Dustin.  Hope the coaching is bearable in that heat.

That is a big rise and drop in temperatures for the UK LMH.  Makes it all the harder to cope with.  Enjoy today!

What: rest day
    Why: heat coincides with monthly financial processes I need to monitor - moving around quite a lot of money that doesn't belong to me (haven't found a way of diverting some to my own account yet!)
    Last hard: waiting for the cooldown at the weekend
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭

Heute = today
    Dienstag = Tuesday...

Roll on Sonntag (Sunday).
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Going to be hot here today also and is already. About 33 forecast, but only 24 tomorrow and 20 from Saturday. 

What: supposed to be pinning a number on this evening (race 3 of 4 local 5ks)

Why: I have my number. Unlikely to be running it hard though given the temperature etc etc. Thunderstorms due just beforehand again.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics no
    run done again to avoid the heat!!
    LMH hope you got out early
    dustin, enjoy strides and your coaching!
    Hazel have a good rest

I was so happy the other day, my friends g/son ran some races for school and kept getting medals winning by  a country mile( a neck prob as it was 100 m) I told her to get him along to a club and she was struggling but colchester finally took note of the times he was doing so he got a trial and as I predicted, snapped up!

What: 3 miles d&d, did 7x2min efforts with 30 sec recovery
    why: mate suggested it plus it is fun
    last hard: that was
    last r est:31/12/16

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, take care later, I would not be fancying that!!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    A high of 19 is my idea of paradise, LMH :)  I'm seriously debating to do my LSR at the weekend in the dark… even then it'll be over 20 degrees but without the sun out it should be OK. Hope to persuade hubby to join me on the bike coz it might be a bit scary out there on my own...

Take it easy, ale.

Serious sweating, Dustin.

Enjoy your rest day, Hazel.

Great news re. your mate's grandson, wabo

At least our aircon in the office has stopped smelling!

What: 9 miles
    Why: can't blag a marathon
    Last hard: warm, windy and flies - my least favourite combination
    Last rest: 15/7
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Humm I started the thread this morning (was up at 5), but it's disappeared...

So, yesterday's lyrics were of course summer days from grease

What: 600 m swam this morning
    Why: was up at 5 so got up and went
    Last hard: being crashed into by the backstroker!
    Lyrics: nope

Good luck in the heat all. Dad and I ate escaping to the cinema later in the hope of Aircon!
  • Options
    Hi Dustin - and thanks for the welcome everyone!

Hope it goes well later alehouse. Not sure I'd be up for a fast run today.

emzap - an early morning swim sounds great. I might try that tomorrow

Lyrics: no
    What: As much as I can, after the sun has gone down.
    Last hard: 6 miles last night after the sun went down. I wasn't fast, but it was very humid.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Maccazz I was in a restaurant last night and couldn't get over how many had decided to run really late! Streaming past they were!
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Morning,

Wabo Great news on Grandson being snapped up by a club:-)

Ale: All the best for tonight race! I know I would not even attempt it in this heat!

EM: Enjoy the cinema and aircon

My first Grandchild was born yesterday 3 weeks early a boy I did say when can I get him his first running shoes :) he looks from pictures as if he will take after son who is very tall :)

What 6.6 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard/sleeping and heat
    Lyrics: Nope

I should be tapering so will start tomorrow :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    aw poppy that's lovely news!!! Enjoy x

• Options
    Congratulations Poppy.

You're bound to be slower in this heat maccazz but it's getting the miles in that matters.

I bet you know how to divert it Hazel - just not without being caught  :) Enjoy your rest day.

I hope that you can persuade OH to cycle with you chicksta. Are you not forecast to cool down at the weekend too?

Glad you got your swim in emzap. I'm escaping to the cool of a supermarket this afternoon after spending some time in the air conditioned physio (cancellation appointment).

Are you racing at the weekend Wabo? I don't get out early as have Grace to walk first, 0815hrs today.

Dustin - I'm regularly weighing in a kg lighter after my runs at the minute and that's after having a drink or two when I get in, and I don't sweat much..........

Enjoy the evening out even if it's not good racing conditions it should be nice for a pint in a beer garden after Alehouse - assuming you don't get the thunderstorms. We were forecast them this afternoon but they have gone now.

I'm loving this weather - had another very enjoyable MLR this morning though even I had to head to the shady bits occasionally to cool off. If it's as hot as forecast I don't think I'll be able to walk Grace this afternoon which i don't think will go down well with her, not due to cool off until the early hours either so the pavements will still be too hot for her to walk on after dinner so can't just postpone it.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh im doing 10 miles at the olympic velopark 10 x laps
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Poppy. Love a bit of good news. How exciting!

Maccazz: wot LMH said - it's all mile in the bank.

Good to get that swim done, em. Not good to be swum over :(

Well done for banking another MLR, LMH. Massive mileage for you this week :+1:
    Sadly the forecast is for hot weather until Wednesday next week. Today will be the hottest though. The next couple of days are "only" around 29-31 degrees. And around 18 or 19 at night but what with the heated up pavements it's usually a few degrees more.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to all concerned, WP!

Currently 34/35 here! Hope it drops rapidly around 7 o'clock!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Congratulations WP!  What great news :)

Warm here, I've had to put up with my Dad complaining the entire day...I suppose it's good practice for having a child!
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Hmm I might even think about canning the 5k Ale if it is still very hot.  If not - at least 5k are over and done with quickly but be careful.

Great news for you WP - enjoy!

That is tough for Grace LMH but agree regarding the pavements.   Supermarket is a good idea for cooling down - but the thought of getting there puts me off!

Will be a late run again then maccazz.  Thought about doing similar this evening but it will take until around midnight for the temps to drop below 30.

If OH goes with you why not do the dark run Chicksta. 

Good news on your friend's grandson Wabo.

Ouch to the swimming crash emzap - hope he/she apologized even if it is difficult to see where you are going.

I am desperate to go out and do something but just getting the washing in was enough heat.  Will have to wait until tomorrow for more active things but will go for a late walk I think.
  • Options
    Lovely news Poppy

3 swims and a short plod
    even warm here
    last hard: Sunday
    last rest: Friday
    lyrics: no
  • Options
    My car has air con Hazel. Hope it cools down enough for you to enjoy a walk.

That's a pretty busy swimming day OH.
  • Options
    Hazel - going to have to abandon today's run too, I think. It's still about 30 here, and I'm exhausted after today's heat.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Cinema abandonned as air con broken! Neighbours are very kindly having a very loud party which means if I want to sleep is with all windows shut. It's still 30 degrees outside so this is going to be fun... I'm hoping it starts to rain soon!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Evening!

Well, that was warm. Phone said it was 31 with a feel like temp of 34.  Still perspiring now, 90 minutes after finishing. Somewhat humid!

What: local 5k series (The Sizzlers) part 3 of 4. 59 seconds slower than last time. Legs weren't responding.

Why:  it's all in the game. Sometimes you just have to take what you get. 2nd in age group, which was higher than usual, and a higher position overall, also.