Monday 29th July 2019 - Look deep into the April face

Morning.

Lyrics - Look deep into the April face

And there was me worrying about you Wabo with you asking about going to hospital. Glad it wasn't anything serious.

Grey and chilly here but no rain forecast. Not sure how much the flooding will have receded so may need to do some ad hoc route planning on my run. I'd like to get a LSR in as it's forecast to be the best day of the week weather wise but I'm in work this afternoon so I shall have to see how time goes/how slowly I'm running.

What:               hopefully a LSR
Why:                taking advantage of a better forecast
Last hard:        getting warm after yesterday's run
Last rest:         27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Forgot to post yesterday. Was exhausted and though I got up normal time, fell asleep on the sofa for most of the morning!

What: walking today
    Why: not done much since Friday
    Last hard: staying awake yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Wow you guys had a lot of rain yesterday, we had a small amount, but maybe a couple mm!

Great racing poppy. Shame about the parking ticket though :(

Hope it's cooler for you today chick

How are you feeling wabo?

Have a lovely day all

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Well done for toughing out that long run Chicksta.  There are cow bell shaking clubs you can join here. (along with flag throwing, jodelling etc..).  I would also do the MP miles within the HM (if you can resist not racing the HM that is).

Ale: looking at those pics OH could almost go swimming in it!  Take care with the floods. 

Well raced WP - like the sprint finish.  Annoying and wierd with the parking ticket.

Good you could get out for your mile Wabo - how are you today?

Hope you can find a decent route around the floods LMH. 

Take it easy emzap - seems you needed that sleep!

What: running rest day - will cycle part way into the city and back
    Why: get eyesight checked
    Last hard: getting up this morning for work
    Last rest: today

lyrics: no

Have a good week all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes...and certainly true for LMH and I given the deluge over the weekend. Wondering if these were used recently. 

Summer is supposed to return for a couple of hours this afternoon and it is supposed to stay dry...until tomorrow.

Went down to the river...or rather nearly didn't as I can't officially get there despite it being 250 metres away: flood gates are closed to prevent people going near. Did find a circuitous way round and saw that the water is within inches of the top bank. I imagine it will go over when the volume from up in the hills arrives, unless this can be diverted elsewhere. They have done a lot of work in recent years and it must be 15 since there was anything significant. Good job the levels were low before the rains. 

What: something later...away from the river

Why: not feeling great/consultant re back which is constantly niggling in two places, one of which is where I fractured it last year. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    WP - great racing
    Chick - you seem to churn those 20+ runs out with alarming ease, I'm very envious
    Ale - wow that looks brutal, and I was worried about light showers over the M25...

Forgot to post yesterday, but that was an easy trail 12 miler. Thought rain was due but instead it was glorious sunshine, only water was in the ford, when me and one of my pals decided it would be a good idea for a full plunge...Surprisingly refreshing.
    Today - easy lunchtime
    Why - turn the legs
    last rest - 13 days
    last hard - Saturday's track. 
    lyric -feel I should with the clues...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh to be honest I think because I couldn't lay down and breathe properly and due to it being in the middle of the  night, I got so tired and frightened then OH kept on all day saying he should take me A&E.  I still had the feeling this morning but slept ok, so not as bad.  Taken two neurofen and its easing up. NOt a clue what is going on, I am being told anxiety??? But painkillers wouldn't work on that surely.

Dustin love that!! Bet it felt good?  Like when I ran in the heavy rain after that hottest day!!
    Alehouse what a worry.stay away from the river then and have a good run
    Hazel, emzap felt rough this morning but picking up as the day goes on, glad I stuck to my guns and didn't let oh take me A&E - enjoy your cycle ride!
    Emzap, how many weeks are you?  Bound to get tired now I think you are further on than my DIL.

LMH get a good LSR
    what: going to try for about 3 slow miles with a buddy who  has a birthday today
    Why: company be good and I have a present for her
    last hard: getting up
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo 33 on Wednesday. 

Interestingly, weighed myself this morning and have lost weight... Not sure that's good, balance between diabetes diet and eating enough I guess
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow, with heat etc no wonder you felt tired. How exciting a daily thread baby!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, sorry to hear you aren't feeling great hope you get answers
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Love the ford plunge, Dustin :+1:  I was tempted to jump into our local lake on my recovery run this morning as it was unbelievably hot and muggy but didn't fancy wet shorts flapping about my legs and sand in my shoes. I run my 22 milers mega slow so they are very doable :) MP and tempo runs are so much harder!

Glad you're better today, wabo. Birthday run with friend sounds great.

Crazy Swiss stuff, Hazel :D - I fancy having a go at flag throwing

Hope the weight loss is not dramatic, em. Better ask your GP if you're worried.

Did you manage your LSR, LMH?

Careful, ale. Hope the back is ok 🤞 and please stay away from that river.

Woke up to brilliant sunshine, no wind and what felt like 100% humidity. You know, when your skin gets clammy the moment you step out the door. By the time I had my coffee the wind had picked up and clouds were moving in. Humidity and heat remained but it was nice to have no sun to deal with. My brain got fried a little too often lately. Luckily yesterday's heavy and uncooperative legs were gone and I happily bounced along. Almost a bit sad to do just 5 miles but it's a cut-back week and I have intervals tomorrow.
  • The painkillers could be having a placebo effect Wabo and so yes, it could be anxiety.

Humid here and the ground has dried up amazingly so no difficulty finding a route this morning but boy was it hard work, my legs were heavy and achey from the off.

Enjoy the bike ride Hazel - hope eyes are ok.

Nice cooling off Dustin.

Great recovery from your LSR chicksta.

Hope the flooding doesn't happen Alehouse.

Sorry you are feeling so tired still emzap. I'm not sure you should be losing weight, is it worth having a word with your midwife maybe?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    thanks LMH, could be right.  I'll take placebos again later if I need them! The body is a weird and wonderful thing..
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yup placebo effect could be at work here but if it helps, then go for it!

Lmh mentioned it to the diabetic consultant and she said "wouldn't hurt you if you lost some weight"...as ale can probably attest to, I'm not the largest of people...
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    WTF 😱 that's quite an inappropriate thing to say, especially to a pregnant woman. Speechless ...

I guess you must have run with my legs from yesterday, LMH. That's exactly how I felt 🙂

It's raining here now :+1:
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Blimey  Em: That is not appropriate to say to pregnant lady!!

What: 5 mile recovery run
    Why: Because I can
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Lyrics nope

Yesterday's lyrics were Glory Days from "TheBoss"
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • What: More demolition work, Wideford Hill (7miles) then swim around wreck.Loop later.
    Why: adding a few miles.
    Lyrics no.

That flooding looks impressive AH, Still largely dry here although a bit overcast today.
  • I know that they discourage putting on too much weight whilst pregnant emzap but I'm surprised you're being told you should lose some! I wonder if the midwife would have a different view? Don't let them get you down.

Enjoy the rain chicksta - unfortunately we're due more tomorrow. Lovely here now though.

What are you demolishing now OH? What's next race wise?

I think we're amazing Wabo.
  • Even for pregnant ladies who are significantly overweight, usual advice is to try not to gain weight.

Sun came out and probably 20C again for this evening's loop.

Demolition: still on greenhouse which was quite substantial in its day, block base and multiple 3" wrought iron heating pipes.
    I had to remove the glass about 10y ago when it had become unsafe. Demolition sadly way overdue.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

When I met Emz she certainly wasn't significantly overweight! I smallish; she's smaller...and definitely lighter!

Not a lake, but PW High School playing fields, which OH may recognise! 

And anyone for cricket: you can just about make out the artificial wicket.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Remarkably the river itself has gone down by a good ten or twelve feet since this morning: someone somewhere has been doing a good job over the last few years at diverting the water. The above pictures are where the river broke its banks; elsewhere in the river valley some of the golf courses have been deliberately flooded. 

What: several short runs combining to make just under 6k

Why: trying to find somewhere off road to run, including Wilmslow parkrun...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Also, saw consultant friend in Manchester re back, then had to go to Wilmslow for a scan. He has phoned me already regarding the results on which I need to reflect a little!

Have heard from SC after I wished him a happy new age group! Still lurking!
  • That's wet!
    Spent many Friday evenings at Parrs Wood High School (Wind Band rehearsal venue)
    Thoughts with you re back scan results.