Lately I’ve just no energy

I’ve been running for 5 months now 3 times a week, occasionally 4, run on average 16 + miles a week, but lately I’m struggling, I’m tired after 2 miles and having to really push myself to finish my route, I’ve always ran fasted, I have started to go out early morning, so I don’t even get chance to have my usual 1 cup of coffee an hr before, that’s the only difference. I’m doing the GNR in 5 wks so I need the energy.

Comments

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    As you've started feeling this way recently, could it be the hot'n'humid conditions that are a factor? Try slowing down and run using perceived effort - if possible keep a track of your heart rate to keep you in check.

Otherwise, go to the Docs, explain your symptoms and you'll probably get tested for iron deficiency (with or without anaemia) and/or hypothyrodism.

All the best.
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    hev34 - even if you're running first thing in the morning make sure you're well hydrated and make time for a coffee too.   I run early mornings and always have water and coffee.

Running fasted can be hard for some when they start doing it and some never get used to it.   Make sure you've eaten well the evening before with some carbs.