Wednesday 31st July 2019 I want to see you tonight in the park

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I want to see you tonight in the park
Behind the bus shelter soon after dark

Yesterday's were Stan Holloway from My Fair Lady with "Get me to the church on time", also known as "I'm getting married in the morning"

What: short run

Why: time pressure. Son Jack is getting married. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Hope everyone has a lovely day Alehouse despite the somewhat less than seasonal weather - you wouldn't think it was the last day of July here.

If life allows you'd be better off spreading your miles out a bit maccazz. The boom and bust approach will delay recovery and progress, consistent consistency is more beneficial.

Grey, wet and windy here with the rain forecast to last until late morning - at least it should mean I don't get bitten to death on my run, both my calves are annoyingly itchy! Given the inclement weather I think today will be a shorter run day and I may see if I can motivate myself into the gym too.

What:            probably shorter run/gym
    Why:             weather/get it out of the way
    Last hard:     sleeping
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - I feel I should but I can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Cheeky lyrics but I don't know them!
    Lmh I cut some of my aloe Vera for bites my daughter has, seems to have soothed, in case you have any. Have a nice easy! 
    Alehouse have a great day hope the wedding goes really well, sure it will 

What after a good night I've decided to do Elvis race 4(?) I think
    Why feel lots better and it's only 5k and close to work
    Last hard yesterday 1 mile 🤪
    Last rest 31/12/16

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Enjoy Elvis, Wabo! Glad you feel better!

I used these lyrics last year when J got engaged!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - hope you and the happy couple have a wonderful day!
    Wabo - good luck with Elvis
    LmH - track/short distance was the summer plan. Have a couple of meets later this month & next but I'm not expecting fireworks. Next Sunday is a 4x4x4 relay (4 runners, 4km loop, 4 hours) which I've done the past couple of years. That's going to be more 4x4k LT runs I think that racing: two of the others are bouncing back from injury anyway. I'm arguably getting XC ready....

What - easy lunchtime, coaching village rabble tonight
    Why - recovery , routine
    last rest - 15 days
    last hard - yesterday: club night 2x3600 reps with 400 easy between on a grassy undulating loop.
    Didn't help that we were accompanied part of the way with Noah-esque weather even though the ground remained pretty firm. Averaged around 7mm for both which I'm pretty happy with considering. Just shyof 9 miles total.
    lyric - no, but sounds good!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Have a happy Day today Alehouse :)

What: Nowt
    Why: Felt sick this morning
    Last hard: Today
    Lyrics: Yes I do:-)

I had hoped that it would settle down but no so looks like a rest day.So annoying on last day of the month.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • That sounds like a tough session Dustin.

Glad you are feeling better Wabo. Enjoy the race.

Get well soon Poppy.

Still cold and wet here, I'm hoping that if I wait a while the rain will at least go through.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Enjoy the day Ale! 

Good advice from LMH maccazz.  I am pretty useless at the lyrics also, already missed a couple of songs I listen(ed) to a lot!

Don't scratch LMH.  :) Does sound like your old pair of shoes need retiring soon.

The Vo2 Max intervals are a bit of a shock to the system Chicksta.

Wabo that could well be an explanation for you feeling off the last few days.  Great July mileage even before today has finished.  Good luck this evening.

Nice club session Dustin.  4x4x4 sounds like fun.

Not good you are feeling sick again WP. 

Rain seems to be a bit of a theme at the moment - I stayed dry on my group run yesterday evening but as we finished the first drops started to fall.  5 mins later total downpour - I was on my mtb on the way home - seldom been so soaked.  Skin is waterproof though and I was only wearing lightweight summer running gear so didn't get weighted down too much. 

What: LT intervals this evening - 18 & 14 mins
    Why: P&L HM plan
    Next hard: that will be
    Last rest: Monday

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    July stats: 
    2 races
    4 parkruns
    31 days run
    1 fracture
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Bet your stats could do without the fracture, ale. Have a wonderful day today.

Maccazz: I would also second what LMH said. I got a stress fracture by trying to do 2 long runs in a week chasing an arbitrary mileage target for a while. Lesson learned.

Hazel: hope the intervals go well

Glad you're feeling better, wabo and good luck for tonight's race.

Not so good you're feeling rough again, Poppy. You seem to have a very delicate tummy. Hope it passes quickly.

Dustin: The relay sounds fun.

What: couple of recovery miles squeezed in before a tough day at work
    Why: heavy thunderstorms this morning prevented me from doing my planned MLR but I had a bit of time once I got to work, there was no more thunder and lightning so I made the most of it. Would have loved to run in the rain though.
    Last hard: yesterday's intervals
    Last rest: 15/5
    Lyrics: no

• You would be more than welcome to the rain chicksta - I copped another thorough soaking this morning.

They were taken out of service yesterday Hazel. I'm the same with the 'skin is waterproof' and another is 'I am going to have a shower when I get home anyway' not so good when it's cold and windy with it though.
  • Easy 5 
    dropped track session tonight as left (previous partial meniscectomy) knee playing up.
    Last rest yesterday
    This morning was quite hard and very slow - just enough to get me over the 100 for the month.

Lyrics no but perhaps should have known yesterday's

Another day of low mist but no rain. Scaffolding half up but no sign of scaffolders today ...
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hope today went/is going well ale and you're able to do some dancing :)

Just a couple gentle walks for me as I've had a bit of an uncomfortable day twinge wise. Slept all afternoon so brain is feeling better but body still delicate.

Hope you're feeling better poppy.

Ouch to mossie bites. Don't scratch!

Speaking of scratching, eczema on hands getting really bad (it happens when I'm stressed) which is causing the finger pricking to be a bit of a nightmare. 7 weeks!

Have a great evening all. Please run and eat cake for me.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Consider it done, em ;)

Boo to eczema. Guess you can't use hydrocortisone at the moment... Maybe something like pure aloe vera gel?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick, hydrocortisone doesn't touch mine, I'm on the superstring steroids which luckily I am allowed to use but also often don't touch it.  Thanks for the cake eating/running (it's getting so bad I made my husband tell me what snacks he'd eaten today so I could feel I'd eaten them too...)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Race was ok, very slow very strong at the end. In fact each mile was progressively faster, so I'll call it a progressive run!! 
    Emzap feel your pain re eczema, my son has it terrible and  only eumovate works for him
    Night all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can