Friday 2nd August 2019 - Here we come Walkin' down the street

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Lyrics: Here we come
Walkin' down the street

Morning

What: walking and relaxing
Why: day off
Last hard: accepting I need to slow down!

Great racing wabo!

Hazel another flight, wow!

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: I believe so!

Weather stayed remarkably dry for the wedding given that only ten miles away there was more torrential rain and flooding. Spent a large part of the evening reception outside, albeit under a canopy. And never got round to dancing! 

Substantial amount of rain yesterday evening as well, and got soaked on the way back from the fitness suite. 

What: short run

Why: being careful with fractured back!

Wabo: sounds like a well executed race!

Dustin: what is eldest doing now/what is younger about to do? 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning!

Enjoy your relaxing day emzap

Well done on your race Wabo.

You were lucky with the weather then Ale.   Certainly be careful with that back!

Have a good Friday all.

What:  some miles later which I should theoretically have done yesterday (rest day bought forward to accomodate bank holiday activities)
    Why: ongoing HM plan
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: familiar
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I like the sound of rest accommodating the bank holiday Hazel :)

So far I have made some reusable baby wipes and almost bought a dishwasher.  Having a productive day!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics oh yes..
    emzap lots done early doors!
    hazel enjoy your miles however many they end up
    alehouse enjoy the short, mind the back

what: 1.5 miles easy 
    why: to recover some achy legs!
    last hard last night definitely
    last rest: 31/12/16

tomorrow morning will be another Elvis league race, this time 5 miles in Epping Forest, followed by birthday party for Cleo! Busy busy weekend again.  Enjoy your everyone!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Static quads exercises
    Old meniscus problem playing up
    Last hard: being fooled by Hokaeshop dot com (scam site)
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics only after googling
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH / Chick - 11 miles 'short' for a MLR? I usually go by the ~90 minutes, 2hr max philosophy...
    A few have asked about my offspring (thank you)
    Eldest plans to return to work in Leeds for a year with the bf, then travel for 6-12 months, then start being a grown up full time but probably closer to home. Rents obviously cheaper in Leeds than the SE but arguably more than what Mrs D would charge...
    Youngest awaiting A level results (15/8), has deferred Uni but has applied for a few jobs. She was working P/T in Tesco but is leaving that role soon. She wants a career in social care so is trying to gain work experience in that but temporary and reasonably salaried roles are scarce. She's a qualified swim coach which pays better than retail so may possibly be an option. Fortunately one of the ladies I run with / coach works for the local council authority in child protection and liaises with police & the courts so if nothing else she can provide some insights.

What - steady lunchtime
    Why - ticking over
    last rest - 17 days
    last hard - Tuesday
    easy 10k with the club last night and they surprisingly behaved as well as the U11s....

• Morning.

Couldn't think of any lyrics to start the thread when I got up.

Dustin - if she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty she could do far worse than some care work even if it's in a nursing home though the local hospital may take her on the bank. It gives a good grounding and you soon find out whether it's really something you want to go into or not.

Sorry to hear about the knee and the scam OH - hope it wasn't too costly.

Nice that they were fortunate with the weather Alehouse. We had some very heavy but thankfully short showers go through yesterday evening. Dry and still but humid this morning.

It's good to be flexible Hazel.

You always seem to have busy weekends Wabo!

Do your visitors arrive today emzap?

What:           short and easy
    Why:            trying to be sensible
    Last hard:    not doing more miles because I could
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Well done beating those people, wabo. Upping the cadence is easier said than done.

Hazel: good plan tweaking there.

Dustin: Glad the grown ups behaved well. The mileage thing is all relative I guess … 13-15 is the longer end of the MLR spectrum for me :) 

Well done for being sensible, LMH. It will pay off in the end.

OH: oh no, what happened with the scam site?

What: 3k on the TM and stretching. Yoga Tonight.
    Why: back hurts :(  I've had two super busy days glued to my desk and I guess my back didn't like that. Tried to run it off with an easy 5k on the TM but every step hurt so I cut my losses after 2.
    Last hard: being in pain
    Last rest: 15/7
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Running, Nine Inch Nails

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ow chick that sounds bad. Hope it feels better tomorrow.

Just walked 8km around the country lanes and wow I feel better for it.

Guest arriving soon lmh, have planned the ultimate British experience for them :)
  • That's a good walk emzap. Guests aren't British then?

Oh no chicksta, sorry to hear that your back is bad - work has a lot to answer for! I hope that it eases quickly.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    No they are coming from the Netherlands. Just have to remember to take it easy and not overdo it on the hosting!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hope the visitors like cricket, Emz! The ultimate British experience...probably with warm beer and rain stopping play. I would leave Duckworth Lewis out of it though!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope you all have a lovely time emzap -and yes, please be careful not to overdo it.
  • Hokaeshop looks like a genuine online retailer although with a few clues (full size range of superceded model, prices very low).
    RBS MasterCard texted me immediately  to confirm purchase. I thought I had purchased shoes so replied affirmatively.
    The confirmation email looked a little suspicious so I googled the company:

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/hokaestore.com

It seems I am unlikely to see any shoes or get my money back from Hokaeshop.
    My cc is now cancelled and MasterCard say that they may be able to reclaim payment in 3 weeks if no goods have been received ( need to recontact MasterCard at that time)

Not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but a bit peeved that I was caught out.