A memory untamed

Hope you get your money back OH.

Race well Wabo.

Anyone else racing this weekend?

What:           easy miles - up to a MLR/gym
Why:            a nice day forecast/encouraging Mark to go
Last hard:    keeping it short yesterday
Last rest:      27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: just trying to decide which parkrun to go to to run gently at

Why: taking it easy

Enjoy Elvis, Wabo!

Don't get me going about scammers, OH! Mum was badly ripped off when she made major "investments" in non-existent land. Still annoys!

Today may well consist of a fair amount of test cricket watching and listening before going to watch a "live" game this evening.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Kayaking
    Paddle Orkney weekend

Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    How annoying oh. Hope you get your money back.

Yesterday's lyrics were hey hey we're the Monkees :)

What: out for brunch then maybe to visit a tower and nuclear bunker, then a good festival this evening
    Why: entertaining
    Last hard: the food festival could be challenging
    Lyrics: nope

Ale aren't all parkruns flooded?
    Lmh is that dam anywhere near you?

Have a great day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I think there may be some paddling involved at many of the local parkruns, Emz! Have decided to go to the one we did as I know where the puddles will be! 
    Whaley Bridge and the dam is just south of Stockport, less than half an hour from here. 
    No cricket today for your visitors? 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: puddly progressive parkrun with the first km in 5:25 and the last  about a minute quicker. Humid. 24:37 officially. 

Why: being careful/don't do parkrun hard anyway
  • Morning,

I missed yesterday I ran 8 miles.

OH I read back Sorry to hear you had been scammed but how easy it happens and we really have to be on our guard.

What: 6 miles
    Why: Summer Miles makes for Winter smiles;-)
    Last hard: getting enough sleep
    Lyrics: Nope

I pulled calf when stretching on chair to fix curtain rail so first 2 miles it protested but settled down so I am pretty happy with that.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon (just about). 

Just read about the dam on the news here. Fingers crossed the worst doesn't happen. 

Hope Wabo had a good Elvis outing. I've read good things about Epping forest as a run location.

Enjoy the kayaking OH. Any pics? Hope you get your money back.  Those scam sites are getting hard to distinguish from the genuine thing. Hope the meniscus niggle eases soon.

Enjoy the cricket Ale.

Busy weekend emzap, hope you can rest a bit as well.

How is the back today Chicksta?

Interesting plans from your offspring Dustin.  Good your adult group were well-behaved.

Hope you made the most of the weather LMH.

Good the calf issue was only short-lived WP.

What: 7 GA miles with strides
    Why: plan
    Last hard: getting up this morning as an old friend dropped by yesterday evening and much talk went on.
    Last rest 01.08.

Lyrics: no
  • It's about an hour north of me emzap. Another food festival? You seem to have a lot near you - a nice day out but maybe not so much in your circumstances. Hope you can enjoy it regardless.

Hope you had good weather for the kayaking OH. My trip with you still makes me smile when I think about it.

Enjoy the cricket Alehouse.

Good to see you back at it Poppy.

Nice to have time with your friend Hazel. I enjoyed the good weather and fortunately did an extra couple of miles as gym didn't happen due to a problem with mark's car.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Glad you can still run, ale and that time is not too shabby either 💪

Good out of bed dragging, Hazel :smile:

OH: that's really shit re. scammers 😠
    Fingers crossed you get your money back. My credit card was subject to fraud a few years ago - not my fault. Somehow my data must have been stolen and I was suddenly 600 Euros poorer (Western Union transfer). Whisky got it back but it took about six weeks or so.

Glad the dam is far enough away from you, ale. Scary pics.

Enjoy the food festival, em. I hope there are some options available for you.

Hope you had a good run/ enjoyable gym session, LMH. I know the gym stuff isn't really great but always good to get it done.

I did some stretching and yoga yesterday. Then some more yoga, a short run and an hour on the bike (MTB, so I can sit up straight) followed by more yoga today. Back still tight but no longer painful which is just as well as I have to do 17 with 12@MP tomorrow. Actually that session was scheduled for last week but I found a half marathon by the sea for tomorrow :) I find it so hard to run fast on my own and this will make for a nice day out for hubby as well. Classic win-win situation 🙂.
  • As I said above chicksta - gym didn't happen, it would have been a bonus session for me so not an issue. Good to hear that your back has improved enough for you to race tomorrow.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

a weeks leave goes to quick, just wish I could run that fast.... however a 50 sec improvement this morning at Newbury parkrun from when I last did it back in March, so confirmation going the right way.... no 480, 42nd and 21:54

2 more sleeps then back to work