2019 in 2019

Comments

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Alehouse I am so sorry to hear that. Are you allowed on the treadmill? Hopefully you will be mended soon and back on those hills. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Thanks TT! I am able to get flat running in but won't be wanting to do too much, just trying to maintain fitness. I also will be using an anti-gravitational treadmill where I can reduce bodyweight and put less stress on the injury. Will be discussing this with my physio later! Mo uses one, I believe: cost around £60k! Not sure I can justify that! I have used it around twenty times before when I had an Achilles injury and it seemed to be helpful.

https://www.alterg.com/anti-gravity-treadmills

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    I had an intense relationship with a AlterG after major hip surgery! Found it very helpful, especially increasing weight to feel. They are amazing, fortunately my physio has one. 
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    A good week! 46km and under 1000 to go.

969, the age at which Methuselah died. 969 is also the bus route from Whitton to Roehampton. 

So behind but so pleased to have done some running this week. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good progress TT! You need around that most weeks!

1100 gone, 919 to go. 

The 1100 was a small family car in the 70s from the British Leyland group: Morris 1100, Wolseley 1100, Austin 1100, Riley 1100 etc. And by coincidence my son got married in Leyland last week. Hope the marriage is better than the cars were.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Not the best week in terms of mileage last week, partly as I took a bit of a trip on Monday and hurt my (injured) shoulder, so took a couple of extra rest days.  I did a Half marathon yesterday in humid conditions and didn't really get the time I was hoping for, but there'll be other races :)  

With 6 miles this morning, I'm currently on 913 so have 1106 to go.  X/1106 C1, also known as the Great Comet of 1106, was a great comet that appeared in 1106.  It was recorded by astronomers in Wales, England,  Japan, Korea, China and Continental Europe.
  • Hi alehouse, hope the back isn't causing too much trouble and that you are on the road to recovery.

Back in Dubai and having trouble getting any big miles in, temperature not dropping below high 30s over night and mid 40s during the day with a heat index in the 50s.

I'm not a fan of the treadmill, have done one 5k on the treadmill but would rather slow run with low miles in the heat and await the winter for increasing mileage again. 

1144 miles done so 875 miles to go.

In 1144
    the first Knights Templar stronghold is established in the Kingdom of Leon and Castile

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    I do hope all are as well as can be?? Dubai runner my OH feels your frustration. He travels with work and has run in some terrible gyms in some very hot places. He too prefers to be outside. However he has had a good run from one end of Dubai airport to the other when his connection was late!

Managed 47km this week, as the beginning of the week was tough health wise I am really pleased.

So 922km to go. Booked to do a HM on Sunday, I do like deciding to do a race a few days before and managing to obtain a place. 

922 is the code number for black wingtip Oxford shoes. It is also the code number for a rather expensive piece of nautical kit made by Garmin. 
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Last week ended up being a reasonable week, although I had to take a couple of rest days earlier on as shoulder was sore.  I got around a marathon on the Sunday though and it felt okay generally, so it ended well.

I did 50 miles last week, leaving me having done 957 with 1062 to go.  10-62 is the US police code for "Reply to Message", in two-way radio communications.  
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good progress being made everyone, although most of us have a little catching up to do!

1135 completed, so 884k to go.

1135 saw yet another fire in London, seriously damaging London Bridge and St Paul's Cathedral. Also Henry l of England died (he was the eldest son of William the Conqueror) which led to a succession crisis: he had named his daughter Matilda as heir; nephew Stephen got the job ahead of a woman and ahead of Henry's illegitimate sons.

• Slow progress here, 47 degrees during the day and a low of 39 last night.

1180 miles done, 839 miles to go.

839 is the Emirates flight number for the afternoon hop across to Bahrain
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    52km! Yippee.

A very windy HM on the Fylde coast, very well organised but gusts of 40mph did mean I walked some of it.

870km to go.

870 is a Lego set, looks a good one too!
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    1016 miles to go for me, so it was bout 45-miles for the week.  Still not half way and we're coming up to September soon.  The target is obviously not going to happen but I'll see how I close I can get.

The Norman Conquest of 1066 continues to have an enormous impact on culture, law, politics and language.  But it arguably could not have happened without the events of the much less well known Danish conquest of 1016.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Big-G: I see no reason for you not making the target! You need about 52 miles or two marathons a week!

Good progress TT!

I do not envy your temperatures, DR! Mind you I could do with something warmer and drier than the 12 degrees here!

842k to go, 1177 completed. "1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization Collapsed" is a 2014 book about ancient history by Eric H. Cline.

• Alehouse, sitting in the garden with a beer and a pleasant 42 degrees!!
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Alehouse, ahem, I actually did two marathons this weekend.  That's not a regular occurrence though!

Just under 70 miles this week, leaving me on 1072 with 946 to go.  In 1072, Lincoln Cathedral was commissioned by William the Conqueror.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Wow Big G I am building up to a marathon next Feb, two in a weekend, in awe.

Drop down week which ended with a great ten mile run this morning up some hills.

42km and 838 to go.

838 is known as the sunrise boulevard in Florida.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Keep up the good work, everyone!

Struggling a bit here with a niggly hamstring so have had to cut back. 815km to go, 1204 completed. 

In 1204 the rich landowners of Guernsey and Jersey voted to side with England rather than being subject to French rule.
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    TT, which marathon are you aiming for in February?
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hi Big G, if and it is a big if, I can have leave from work then Saville. I was looking at Manchester or Paris but the variability in the weather has put me off. Living 'up north' we like our races cool!
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    A good week, even managed a couple of bike rides. 

46km so 892 to go

892 is the number of the Grand Lodge of the British Freemasons in Germany.

There are 17 weeks to the end of the year so I need 52.5km each week on average, well that's an incentive.
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    TT, I haven't done any of those marathons, but I'm hoping to do Manchester next year.  I prefer it in cool conditions too - I seem to perform well if it's about 8-10deg which I know is too cold for some, but it's perfect for me.

Bit of a cut back this week as I was hoping to do well at a Half today, so managed 39 miles for the week.  The Half went well, so I was pleased with that.

I'm at 1111 miles completed, with 908 to go.  The Porsche 908 was a racing car from Porsche, introduced in 1968 to continue the Porsche 906/Porsche 910/Porsche 907 series of models.
  • Evening all, 1223 miles done so 796 to go

Louis VIII is crowned King of France 
  • Evening! And I bet mine is damper than yours , DR

Struggling here with the hamstring. Physio tomorrow. 

1219 competed, 800 to go. 

The 800 metres was always a sore point for me! As much as I tried I could never break two minutes, running 2:00.2 several times! At my age I won't be doing it now. 
  • Alehouse, I have a swimming pool in my garden, so it's probably damper than yours!!

1239 miles so 780 miles to go. But only 15 miles to 2019 kilometers!!

Ferretti yachts 780 is a yacht I've spent many a happy afternoon on 

Big G, the Porsche 908 would be an amazing car to own, but I'll settle for my Porsche 718.

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Morning fellow runners, realised I made a mistake last week, I had 792 to go not 892.

56 km this week, fabulous running as the sun rises. Also in the middle of walking a 50 mile long distance walk, not counting that though!

736 to go. 

Not a Porsche but the number of an auto trail motor home......
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Dubai runner, nice car!

Did a tough, local trail marathon yesterday (City to Sea).  It's a favourite race of mine but the last six, hilly miles do not get any easier!  I did a short recovery run/shuffle this morning, which takes me to 57 miles for the week and 1169 miles for the year, with 850 to go.

Still on the car theme, the Volvo 850 is a compact executive car that was produced by the Swedish manufacturer Volvo Cars from 1991 to 1996.
  • TT, a 50 mile walk, do tell more!
  • Big G, I used to love the 850R, I've had a few Volvos. I currently also have a Volvo V60 Polestar, 3L turbocharged flat 6 giving 350bhp. Glad I don't have to fuel it in the UK, it can do 17 mpg it's a great track car but also a good every day drive, only 1200 worldwide. 

1247 miles to date, 772 to go

In 1247
    Egypt takes control of Jerusalem from the Kharezmians

• New to the forum. But i am on target.