Monday 5th August 2019 - He sits alone in a crowded station

Morning.

Lyrics - He sits alone in a crowded station

Good that it's nothing serious RFJ.

What was going on with your hands emzap the eczema? Hope you're feeling better this morning.

It is dark and wet here at the moment. I'm hoping that the rain is going to go through and I can have a dry run - I'm not ready to return to winter kit yet. The forecast for the week is not looking good - it's August!

What:            hopefully a MLR
Why:             trying to bank miles
Last hard:     not scratching
Last rest:      27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Close, Hazel!

Lyrics: no

What: gentle 40 mins or so with M74

Why: only doing gentle at present 

Hope to stay dry! Was woken several times by rain in the night; trust there is no more to come. Forecast is not good for the rest of the week: we had more than a month's rain last week and have been told to expect the same again.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wanders over to "the other" thread.. :D

How is your back today LMH? 

Hope you can enjoy your outing with M74 Ale despite the risk of getting wet and only being able to do gentle.   If you can at least do gentle then you won't lose all of your fitness you were building back up again.

Sorry that your HM didn't go as you hoped Chicksta.  I would hate to be caught out by a not checked the profile correctly mistake.    Hope that your osteo can help to fix your back quickly as it isn't too long now until Berlin.

A year without answers is a long time RFJ. 

How are the hands today emzap?  Shame you weren't able to indulge more at the food festival.  

Re-adding the what etc..

What: rest day
    Why: Monday and I need one, overdoing the pace on most runs with 50 miles done in 5 rather than 6 days has left me with tired legs.
    Last hard: starting the thread quickly enough.. lol.
    Last rest: today

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hazel: the aim of the next few weeks is to maintain a decent level of fitness. Doubt I will lose much, but nor will I make progress! Difficult to know how much it is wise/unwise to do! Won't get the full scan report (or advice) until next week, I think.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

Looks like i missed yesterday but ran 6 miles I will go back to read the news.

What: 8 miles
    Why: Because I could 
    Last hard: How slow my legs were this morning!
    Lyrics.No

Legs did not like 5 am running or the dark I had to use chest torch.They better get used to it;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all
    Chick - sorry it didn't go to plan yesterday
    OH - boo re the scammers, hopefully it doesnt leave you out of pocket
    Ale - keep it easy, and hopefully you stay dry!

MIA all weekend - various things going on (life in the way again..)
    Saturday was 6x400m hill reps (10k total) , Yesterday was 12 miles very easy trail plus gardening!

What - steady run if I can - moved offices over the weekend, literally next door, now overlooking the O2, so obviously nothing really works - been here since 6:30 so may leave early and run from home
    Why - staying sane
    last rest -20 days
    last hard - Saturday's hills

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That's early to get to work with your commute Dustin.
     Sunny here.

What: walking and paint buying
    Why: decorator started today and baby brain here forgot to buy the ceiling paint...
    Last hard: where to start! Now seem to have carpel tunnel in left hand so can't use it much at all! 6 weeks...just hoping the swelling isn't a sign of pre-eclampsia which I'm at high risk of (I hate genetics!)
    Lyrics: nope to both!

Eczema is something I've had forever and is triggered by stress and allergies. Been clear of it for a few years but it's been rearing it's ugly head again, albeit not too badly yet.  

Hope some sunshine gets to you up north. Would have loved to go to edgbaston today ale, but unfortunately work got in the way!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Emz: I'm praying for rain in Birmingham, but doesn't look likely! No doubt will be glued to the TV and radio!

What: 45 mins very gentle, most with M74

Why: he cut it a little short/I did extra. Humid, but less so as there is quite a pleasant breeze. Reasonably sunny!

For those who wanted a shoe code, it seems to have expired overnight! Will let you know when I get the next one!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Alehouse very gentle sounds good to me! Glad you enjoyed
    Emzap, glad you are aware of pre eclampsia.  Hope it is carpal tunnel, well I don't but you know what I mean.  Poor you.  I had eczema only ever when pregnant with my son, all over my tummy! He suffers really really bad with it and has since tiny. Same as you stress etc. take it easy today x
    dustin early doors - I am sure you will get that run in at some point!
    WP lot of miles nice and early!
    Hazel enjoy the rest day
    LMH hopefully you manage a dry MLR

What: just under 2 this morning
    why: legs back etc killing from tons of gardening!!
    Last hard: that was!!
    last rest: 31/12/16

Cleo s one happy girl with her Trampoline which is at the back of my now very smart garden!! 8 years old today!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

How was Elvis, Wabo? And happy birthday, Cleo
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Blimey, we are one rather crooked bunch with our assorted back issues, RFJ, ale and now also LMH!

Hazel: I chatted to a couple of runners as we were panting up the first hill and asked them if they knew the course. They did and confirmed that this was just the beginning. So at least I knew quite early on that I could totally forget to hit anything resembling marathon pace today.

LMH: Is your back any better today? Next weekend's race has quite a bit more elevation gain than yesterday but I never intended to run it hard. I just fancied a long run in a different area. We're going mountain biking there too. Looking forward to it. I can do with less miles and more fun.

Ale: It's not my glutes - I do lots of weighted squats and resistance band exercises. I have these problems on and off since my back injury in 2013, usually brought on by long spells sitting on my behind either at work or in the car. Osteo does some weird and wonderful things which usually have immediate effect. So, fingers crossed.

Meanwhile I've used my entire repertoire of torture instruments, including foam roller and spiky ball on the area in a desperate bid to loosen things up. It seems to have worked a teensy bit as I was able to do 5k on the TM where my leg felt almost normal and the back no longer so jaded.

Happy Birthday, Cleo :)

Em: oh no! Wonder what brought that on if it's carpal tunnel. Hope it's not pre-eclampsia. It was definitely good strength training yesterday ;)

Hope you can finally get some answers, RFJ.

Good excuse to bunk off early, Dustin.

What: see above
    Why: damage Limitation
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 15/7

Yesterday's were Frank Sinatra, Sand and Sea

• I hope that it's 'only' carpal tunnel emzap - I'm sure you'll get your blood pressure checked quickly if you think there's a possibility of pre-eclampsia.

Happy Birthday Cleo.

I definitely think you should have an early finish Dustin.

Glad you managed your run in the dry Alehouse - I got wet but was then blown dry again, breezy here today.

If only I'd known Hazel I would have loved to leave the thread start to you.

Sounds like a nice weekend you have planned chicksta. I'm glad to hear that your back feels a bit better, mine is definitely not as bad and neither is my latest bite.

I know you like the winter Poppy but it seems to be coming far too quickly for me without having had a summer first.

A very heavy legged and slow run for me but I can't expect anything else when I'm building the miles, hopefully the pace will come back at some point but I'm not expecting to see it for a while yet so I'll just have to keep sucking it up.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Raining here now: had to bring the washing in. Forecast said dry!

Chick: was simply wondering aloud about glute strength as physics seem to be blaming a lot of back issues on non-firing glutes.

Cricket not going well.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

yeap a year is a long time with no answer but still have the issues, but slowly getting either used to it and coping or it is slowly getting better....

3.75m easyish tonight in the dry following 1st day back after leave...

hope all others with knock and crocks get sorted soon

Project 7-BOSS (7 Bags of Sugar Shifted) started today.... 1 bag a week for 7 weeks is the ambitious plan and trg hard with the aim of getting back under 20 mins for 5K.... not ambitious in the least :-) :-) :-)

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Love the project, RFJ! Will be a tough one! We will follow with interest!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh spent the afternoon in the hospital getting checked out after developing a headache. All is well but they are now worried about reduced growth (last week it was too fast...) So back tomorrow for scans.

Positive was we got a test run to the hospital (antenatal appointments aren't at the one where I will give birth).
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Trust all goes well tomorrow, Emz.
    And the cricket was a bit of a disaster!
  • RFJ: I love the project you have will watch with interest like Alehouse and the rest of us needed to shift some dead wood.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression