Tuesday 6th August 2019 - On candy stripe legs the Spiderman comes

Morning.

Lyrics - On candy stripe legs the Spiderman comes

Oh emzap you seem to be having one thing after another at the minute. Really pleased that it's not pre-eclampsia, I hope that you were able to get some sleep last night and that today's scan is reassuring.

That's a lot of weight to lose each week whilst training hard RFJ, it's going to be a difficult balance.

Another dull day here with rain forecast later, it really doesn't feel like August.

What:             MLR, maybe gym
Why:              it's all about the miles at the minute/necessary evil
Last hard:      managing aches and pains
Last rest:        27/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Put The Light On - Wet Wet Wet.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no...but I nearly posted ones that I would have known!

What: short run/long stretch

Why: Tuesday

Forecast not good here so may do some baking for December 25th!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Not that word ale :)

Thanks lmh did get some sleep. Have taken the morning off work to feel a bit more relaxed before appointment. Sure it's just precaution but better to get checked.

Rfj that's a lot of weight loss.

Will get some walking in later I hope.

Ale, a disaster indeed but as my Aussie friend said, at least we lasted 5 days (last time we were due to watch the ashes at edgbaston we had day 4 tickets and Australia lost in 3 days!)

Have a great day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - belated Cleo birthday wishes!
    Emz- glad you managed to sleep and hopefully the appointment goes well today
    RFJ - good luck with the mission!
    Football season has started, so let's not talk cricket....

What - Lunchtime run of some description
    Why - Out with friends tonight so missing the club set
    last rest - 3 weeks
    last hard - Saturday
    lyric - nope
  • Definitely better to err on the side of caution emzap.

You'll have to get up earlier Alehouse! Far too early for baking that sort of cake surely? Weather and forecast have improved here so hopefully you'll get a dry run in.

Enjoy the lunchtime run and evening out Dustin.
  • Morning!

All the best for your scan today emzap.  How long do you have to work for still? (can't remember the rules in the UK - sorry).

UK does seem to be missing out on the second half of summer a bit LMH. 

Hmm - could that be a cake Ale? Is it that time of year again already?

Early start yesterday WP - well done for getting the miles done at that time.

Hope the chaos from the move has eased a bit by now Dustin.  Was it just you who moved or the whole office?  Nice WE running.

Happy belated birthday for Cleo Wabo - bet she is enjoying that trampoline.

Seems your torture instruments have helped a bit for the back then Chicksta.  Good news.  If sitting at work is one of the issues for your back - can you maybe get access to a standing desk - or even better one which you can sit and stand at as you want?

Ambitious plan for weightloss rfj.  Good luck with it.  Nice to have a second aim for the 5k.

What: group run this evening + a bit of padding
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 05.08.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Indeed Cleo and now Lyla, oh and Reggie have been enjoying the trampoline, what a great day they had yesterday !
    Emzap glad you went and got checked up and hope the scan goes well.
    LMH enjoy your mlr or gym, or is it both?
    Ale enjoy the short run, long stretch (ha ha sounds like prison!) Oh no not cake!!!
    Dustin enjoy the lunchtime run which will set you up nicely for the evening

Elvis which was a hilly forest five on Saturday.  I continued with this mantra, cadence pitter patter, felt very strong and steady.  It wasn't fast I think as the third race it wouldn't be but I caught about 6 people just before the finish funnel!!
    What: 5 miles with some speedy bits later
    why: schedule
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    thats the cleo and lyla, had to stress this is a shared present!!
  • I bet you're a popular nana Wabo! Both for me today.

Padding as in extra miles Hazel? Enjoy the company.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Very cute pic, wabo. And nice to reel some people in at the end of your race. Shows you paced yourself well.

Hope the appointment went well, em. Definitely get yourself checked over - this is not the time for experiments.

Wow RFJ, that is some challenge.

Hope you are at least one step ahead of your aches and pains, LMH.

Hazel: I can have a atanding desk but my problem is I can't focus on my work when I'm not sat down :D I've set my Garmin to move alert though and it reminds me to get up at least once per hour to walk around for a bit and climb some stairs.

Intriguing baking hint, ale

Dustin: hope you had a nice lunchtime run. If I'm not too busy I quite like a little lunchtime workout to break up my day a bit.

What: MLR done this morning which was surprisingly OK albeit very very slow and cautious. Then half an hour of core work in my lunch break.
    Why: only 5 more proper training weeks - eeek!
    Last hard: back issue but fingers crossed it's under control at the mo
    Last rest: 5/7
    Lyrics: yes

• Have you managed to get an appointment with your osteopath chicksta? I'm using everything to stay on top of my niggles - stretching, foam roller, spiky ball the lot. I'm quite sure it's just the volume I'm asking my body to cope with at the minute that's the issue. I'm planning another two weeks of high mileage after this one if everything holds up then a couple of lighter weeks before my HM followed by two or three weeks of volume again before tapering for York - but who knows what will actually happen. LOL. I love a standing desk, so much easier on my back/shoulder, shame you can't concentrate whilst stood up. Would sitting on a swiss ball instead of a chair help?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    She's seeing me privately on Thursday evening as we're off for a long weekend (trail run is on Saturday), bless her.

Coping with high mileage seems to get harder as age progresses ... I used to put sessions, paces and miles in easily about 5-6 years ago that I can only dream of now. And I didn't seem to need much recovery then either. Onwards and upwards. Still deluded enough to think a miracle might be happening on September 29 ;)

I love exercising with a Swiss ball but not really sitting on it. I do use a wobbly cushion though.
  • Hopefully she can sort you out and you can enjoy the weekend chicksta. It might be worth trying sitting on the Swiss ball (if you can at work).

Waiting for news from emzap and hoping that all is ok.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was just wondering about Emz!

No baking today! Turned out to be a much better day than forecast so ended up gardening. Only a couple of short, sharp showers.

Now having a long stretch in the fitness suite before I run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Now baby is too big!  I have a feeling the measurements aren't too accurate!  Been signed off for a week to try and get the wrists to calm down.  Have strapped the bad one, which is at least helping a bit.  Can't drive, use computer for long, hold book, clench fist etc so it's not very practical!  Good news is, I don't need to go back to the hospital until Monday for more baby checks :)

Chick hope you can get fixed.

Lovely photo Wabo

Hazel here you get nothing before and up to a year after, though am taking 2 weeks hols before and OH and I are splitting the year in half.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    News overall good, Emz! Onwards and upwards! Splitting the year sounds a great option!

Suspect your weather is a bit grim, OH!

Time to run...