Wednesday 7th August 2019 - Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.

Morning.

Lyrics - Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.

Good news emzap. You can take some of your maternity leave before you have the baby if you want to though - up to eleven weeks I think though most women don't. 

Better than forecast here yesterday too Alehouse though this afternoon looks wet and the weekend positively grim.

I was supposed to be taking MiL to town this afternoon but Mark's car has developed another issue so we are down to one again. They are a pain when they go wrong. GFA entry opens today if anyone else is applying.

What:           hopefully another MLR
Why:            I'm aiming for a big week
Last hard:    beating my legs into submission
Last rest:     27/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Lullaby - The Cure.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: of course

What: short and easy run

Why: being careful

Forecast particularly bad from Friday. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice pic Wabo, thanks

Yes to padding as in extra miles LMH - just a couple of miles before meeting up with the others.. Annoying regarding the car.  What is a big week for you out of curiosity?  

Interesting regarding the concentration when working standing up Chicksta.  My back doesn't like standing on the spot for longer periods so no standing desk for me.  I have a desk chair with a wobbly base (a Moizi) so I get to move around a lot. Good news the MLR went okay.

Good news from emzap.  Thanks for the infos regarding leave. 

Baking at the weekend then Ale if you postponed it due to the gardening yesterday?

What: LT intervals (20mins + 16 mins)
    Why: Week 3 P&L
    Last hard: that will be..
    Last rest: 05.08.

Lyrics: think so
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh you can but you then lose it after and I'd rather the time after.

What: walk to pharmacy to see what kinesiology tape they have
    Why: I had a bit to try last night and it has helped. Amazon delivery is 5 days though so seeing if pharmacy's is ok.
    Last hard: being one handed!
    Lyrics: of course!

How's the back chick?
    Lmh didn't your car go wrong quite recently?

Have a lovely day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lol lyrics oh yes!
    emzap glad news is all good,
    I think I just posted on yesterday....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    no I left it there in the box
    morning all
    emzap great news happy  to hear.  NOt about your wrists of course!
    Alehouse enjoy that run
    chick, hope you get some relief on your back
    LMH and chick wait till you hit my age!!! Everytime I start running the aches etc make me think oo er should I really do this! Then they go away and I think yes of course....
    My daughter is so over the moon with the trampoline as cleo is now sitting in the garden or bouncing or cartwheels all on the  trampoline! She is naturally outdoorsy in character but has a real problem with insets and they don't see to go in the trampoline!!
    blooming heck!!
    Emzap hope you get the tape especially as it is helping
    hazel my back would be the same with standing, it is aching now funny enough (sitting). Enjoy the intervals
    alehouse enjoy the short and easy
    LMH how annoying about cars!! Enjoy the MLR

what: 5 miles later 3 @mpk
    why: schedule, oh will join for the last mile easy
    last hard: last night 4 miles
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have  a good day all 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Emz - good news!
    Chick (et al.) we have a few bouncy balls to sit on here - not got a standing desk, but several in the office do have.
    Re age and exercise - I've certainly noticed the past few years that the recovery from harder sessions last more than a day and niggles linger for longer...I don't think I could do serious multi marathons each year - I'm just too battered, not to mention exhausted, by 4 months of high mileage.

What - maybe easy lunchtime, maybe rest. Coaching tonight will be a few easy miles
    Why - legs battered / schedule
    Last Rest - 22 days
    Last Hard - Saturday
    lyric - hmmm...!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Short run completed between bursts of heavy rain (forecast said dry today). 

2 x cakes baking for some date in December (one GF/dairy free) plus another for the shorter term. Two to be fed on the first of every month. 

re aching etc from normal activities, rather than hard sessions/races which are slightly different, I have found an improvement over the last couple of years from investing more time in stretching, with 3 or 4 quite lengthy sessions a week. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon,

I forgot to post yesterday but had a head cold and felt awful so slept lots and more sleep last night 11 hours!

Em: I hope you can get the Tape to help you most places seem to sell it.If you lived nearer I have a few rolls of the tape.Good news on baby and hospital visit's.

Ale: Oh so glad you have made your Christmas Cake  yum especially as GF/DF just my sort of cake :)

What: 4 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last Hard: Being ill yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope

A good run as well but feeling a little tired from it.
    I have to decide if I make a cake this year as just me that likes it and I am trying to lose weight:-(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Glad everything is alright with the baby, em. Hope you managed to get hold of some tape.

Dustin: That's why I'm doing only one marathon per year now. I enjoyed the build up to a half marathon in April this year. Next year will be totally different with Two Oceans … At least no speedwork required for my first ultra, just hilly miles.

LMH: Oh no, more car hassle. Poor you :(

Poppy: envious of your 11 hours sleep but not of your head cold. Make a small cake just for yourself? A little indulgence at Christmas should be ok :)

Ale: You're very good with your stretching.

Hazel: Hope those intervals go well. I have a fancy ergonomic chair too and coupled with the wobbly cushion and regular walk breaks I should be OK. I hadn't used the cushion for a while as it's rubbery (just like a Swiss ball) and it makes my bum sweaty ;)  but needs must.

Wabo: what's mpk?

What: slow recovery miles
    Why: maintenance
    Last hard: I have severe DOMS from yesterday's core work
    Last rest: 15/7
    Lyrics: yes

• Hazel - when marathon training 100 miles+

It's too early for xmas cake baking Alehouse!

You most definitely should Poppy - it's not as though you have to eat it all in a couple of days and it's practically health food with all that fruit :-)

If you took my approach and didn't do the hard sessions you probably could Dustin.

emzap - yes apparently this issue was related to something the garage didn't do when resolving last week's - hopefully fixed now.

Just inconvenient at the moment thankfully chicksta. I was supposed to be taking MiL to town but that wasn't critical but her hospital appointment on Friday is. Put a towel on your plastic wobbly cushion?

Enjoy your run with company Wabo.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I nearly always make my cakes during the school summer holidays, LMH, and usually the first week of August.

And talking of school summer holidays, I wonder how Don's have been. Won't be long before a lot of schools in Scotland are back.

Weather here is foul: heavy rain apart from two half hour spells. Wanted to get in the garden.
  • We are still dry Alehouse and I'm hoping it will stay that way. I shall probably make my cake in September as October is likely to be busy. I want to be thinking about summer at this time of year rather than xmas :-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick ha ha it should only say 3@mp
    Poppy hope you are over your cold

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh, alright. I know what MP is ;)

100 miles+, LMH :o - I could never ever fit that into one week unless I gave up work and filed for divorce ;)
    Towel is a good idea :+1:
    Hope the car is sorted in time for the hospital appointment on Friday.

Also wondering how Don is getting on...
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Lyrics - yes

What - 5m inc exercises / circuits
    Why - Calorie loss :-)
    Last hard - Yesterdays tempo
    Last Rest - Last Fri

yes take longer to recover, not done a double digit run in over a year now due to leg issues.... but coming back (I hope)

Take care