Thursday, 8th August 2019 - This is my church

Morning :)

Lyrics: This is my church
This is where I heal my hurts

Wish I was Kipchoge and could sleep 8 hours at night and 2 in the afternoon :)

Alas, another disrupted night and quite possibly another laboured run :(

Fingers crossed you can get those leg issues sorted, RFJ 🤞

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Wannabe - Spice Girls.

I know what you mean chicksta, it would be nice to wake up and feel refreshed too. Hope you've enjoyed your run.

We are forecast a nice morning which I'm hoping to make the most of as the weather is going to deteriorate after tomorrow - back to winter by the weekend from the looks of things :-(

What:            MLR or LSR
    Why:             marathon miles
    Last hard:     having a very poorly Grace yesterday
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - familiar but I can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: 5k plus warm up

Why: it is the last of the local 5k series this evening. Given my back problem I have no idea how to approach this, and won't have until I warm up, I guess!

Looks like a pleasant day here but very much the calm before the storms: 48 hours of rain forecast from the early hours of tomorrow. Hope they are wrong as it is one of the biggest cricket fixtures of the year tomorrow evening: Lancashire/Yorkshire T20: looks rather unlikely that that will happen!

Hope OH is ok: don't think we have seen him since he went kayaking last weekend! Looking at the rain further north he may well be still in his boat.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    LMH - not good regarding Grace - hope she is better today?  Make the most of the weather.  Thanks for the mileage info.  

Could have willingly turned over and gone back to sleep this morning too Chicksta.   How is the DOMS from the core work today?

Hmm cake Ale.   Good use of the bad weather.

Bad luck on the cold WP.  Hope it clears soon.  Would also do a cake - they keep a long time so you can indulge in small portions every now and then. 

Have a good day everyone.

What:  11 miles gentle later
    Why: legs tired after yesterday's LT intervals and have a nasty progression coming up on Sunday so need some sensible pacing
    Last hard: 2nd interval yesterday - fell off the pace a bit despite some internal swearing.
    Last rest: 5.8.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Ditto the sleep thing! My run last night which meant to have 3 mile MP in the middle, well as it is Snowdonia I am doing I guess 10+ mm didn't matter! Legs were having none of it!!
    hazel enjoy the gentle 11- love the internal swearing!
    alehouse weather doesnt sound good at all does it! Hope the 5k goes well
    lmh have a good mlr or lsr, hope grace is better
    chick your lyrics are familiar to me too, hope your run is ok

what: 2 miles d&d this am (plogging round field local to work)
    why: rest day
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a nice day all, off to yoga later

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I too was wondering where OH was!
    LMH - hope Grace is ok. I'm with Chick - I just about manage to peak at 70 mpw when taking it seriously. Roll on retirement! 
    It's probably more relevant that I actually like training for the shorter, cross country or hill races!
    Ale - me too for long stretching sessions...

What - U11 coaching, some easy miles for me
    Why - routine
    last rest - 23 days
    last hard - Saturday
    easy day in the end yesterday, skipped lunchtime, managed 2-3 miles easy in the evening. Legs feel better already!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Plogging. Lovely word, Wabo
    Didn't realise it existed until I checked:
    "Plogging is a combination of jogging with picking up litter (Swedish: plocka upp). It started as an organised activity in Sweden around 2016 and spread to other countries in 2018, following increased concern about plastic pollution." 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse it is a good thing to do!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I can't believe you've avoided knowing about plogging for this long Alehouse - it's been 'a thing' for a while now. Beautiful weather here so far today but I am likewise not looking forward to the forecast awful weather. Hope you have a good race.

I have a lot of internal monologues going on when I'm running Hazel.

Grace is much brighter this morning thank you, still unwell but no longer scarily so. It's just an upset stomach but she's old and skinny and was very weak on her back legs.

It's the effort that matters Wabo - don't worry about the pace.

It was so nice this morning that I extended my LSR, it was just too nice to come home when I was feeling good and enjoying it so much, it won't be long before it's a question of toughing it out in the horrible weather so need to make the most of days like these and having the time and opportunity.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon,

Sorry I don't respond to everyone time and brain is an issue :)

Ale: Have a good race but come home uninjured more important:-)
    I also did not know it was a word!

Hazel:Do you have a race? You work hard on your sessions  :)

Wabo:Sorry legs protested yesterday on run.

Dustin: Glad legs are better, they need cake!

LMH: Glad Grace has perked up.

Thanks for thoughts on cake well that is me making a small cake for me then I better get ingredients in for next week;-)

What: 6 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: Nothing today for a change
    Lyrics: Nope

A faster run today 2nd fastest for course which was unexpected but most welcome:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

LMH: Glad to hear that Grace is not so poorly today. So heart breaking to see your pets age …
    Wish we could switch the weather … forecast for my trail run is 30 degrees! It'll make a dip in the lake at the finish even more enticing. I was hoping to stay under 3 hours but what with the heat I guess I'll be even slower.
    Your training seems to be going really well at the moment.

Dustin: How many years left for you until you retire?

Ale: take it easy and don't aggravate the back.

Hazel: DOMS is much better. I can still feel it when I'm laughing :)  That half marathon schedule is tough, isn't it? I was swearing profusely too this morning …  see below

wabo: I only read about plogging at the hairdressers last week - well done you

Always good to have better than expected run, Poppy.

What: 12 miles with 7@LT
    Why: I wanted to do this in a race next Wednesday but I may have to work late that day so I had to get it out of the way. I started conservatively, then gradually increased pace over the first 5 but had to admit defeat a bit for the last 2 and slowed down a bit. I split the run - did 5 easy peasy miles outside and the tempo ones on the treadmill to avoid road crossings and tourists. Glad it's done.
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 15/7

Off to see osteo now :)  She may tell me to bin the speed work for a while … another reason why I did it today. Back is no worse but still not 100%.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Walked 6km so far, another 2 or so to go.

Builder was meant to come this morning to finish last bits of kitchen but he cancelled at last minute. Meant some DIY dishwasher installation last night! We seem to have managed (we are not good at these things!)

However, decorator is getting on well so we are slowly getting there.

Lmh glad grace has perked up.

Ale race safe.

Mmmm cake

Have a lovely evening all before we get washed away tomorrow!
  • Not drowned!
    Thought I had posted on Monday

Sea swim plus a bit of cooking today.
    Having a rest from running just now (as chest sore following knock whilst kayaking). Son and GF still with us and going up to Shetland with them on Saturday. Hike to Old Man on Tuesday with them.
    Last hard: catching flying kayak caught by wave.
    Last rest Friday
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Sorry to hear about the flying kayak, OH! Hike to Old Man sounds tougher than running though!

What: 4th and final race of the local 5k series

Why: I had done the other three. 22:13 for third in age group, although was first across the series. No podium and no prize either. Organiser said it was too difficult to work out! Never really got going but the main thing is the back didn't seem to be a problem except for pushing hard towards the end: I couldn't. Will go back to a diet of gentle running for the next four or five weeks. Tonight was the second fastest time of the series; I was pleased with 22:23 in the first race yet now slightly disappointed with ten seconds quicker! Should be pleased that I got round in one piece! 

Hope you got some answers/advice re the back, Chick!