Thursday 15th August 2019 - One day I'll have to face the truth

Morning.

Lyrics - One day I'll have to face the truth

I have a Halo Alehouse - as yet unworn (I paid £60 for it), I have an inov8 'sleeping bag jacket' (I think the Thermoshell is the equivalent now) for running in snow etc. A shame about the code.

Sounds like a good trip OH - I hope the change in the weather doesn't spoil things.

Well done Wabo.

As OH says RFJ - don't let other people impose limits on you.

What:            hopefully another MLR
Why:             trying to bank miles
Last hard:     seeing wind and wet forecast for the next couple of days
Last rest:      27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Beaten by seconds again!

Lyrics: no

Well done Wabo!

Thanks for the jacket info, LMH!

What: short run/long fitness suite

Why: Thursday routine

RFJ: good to hear you are thinking positively!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning!

emzap hope you are feeling better today and have had some rest in the meantime.

Great attitude RFJ. 

Nice MLR Chicksta - what a relief it is to be able to run in decent temperatures again.

Noss looks lovely OH.

Well done on the 5k + extensions Wabo.

Have a good MLR LMH.

Regarding jackets: I have an OMM Kamleika jacket - not sure about the breathable properties - anything above 5 degrees and I sweat too much in them.  Trousers are generally used in the winter in very cold and wet/windy conditions.  I do like the small packing volume and the fact that the material is stretch and doesn't rustle.  If I am running in the mountains I generally run with a backpack and take the jacket with me as a safety precaution

What: rest day
    Why: hill race tomorrow so 1 day earlier than normal
    Last hard: long strides yesterday - did the acceleration bit too fast on the first couple of attempts and ran out of steam for the floating bit.
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    The conversations about running jackets are very timely as I'll need one for next year.
    My club's annual trip for 2020, in June, is a return to Mont Blanc (Chamonix) which was a big success for the club 6 or 7 years ago.  Now, liberated from smaller children, Mrs D and I are going! Yesterday I paid the deposit, booked some flights and entered the marathon! Small print says compulsory kit requires wind proof running jacket with taped seams! Guess what's on the birthday / Christmas list!

What - steady lunchtime
    Why - banking miles
    Last Rest - 24 days
    Last Hard - Tuesday
    No U11 coaching today - out in London with youngest who has just got her A level results.
    Let's just say after being a nervous wreck for the past week, she hasn't stopped smiling this morning...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Hazel, enjoy your rest and have a great race tomorrow
    alehouse enjoy your short and the fitness
    LMH have a good mlr! 
    Loving all the jacket advice - I got one from VLM but it was too small lol!! Must lose weight

what: 3 miles progressive d&d, yoga later
    why: hair do later so can't run then
    last hard: this morning legs so sluggish at first but gradually improved!
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A few puffins from Noss
    40mph wind and rain today so unlikely to be many photos today

Maybe Jarlshof today (prehistoric settlement) home on boat tomorrow evening.
    Last hard - change in weather
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Nice photos oh

Well done Miss D. Bet there are proud parents too :)

Well done on the race and getting there and back wabo.

What: hopefully blackberry picking along the canal later
    Why: we are doing it in bits and pieces this year rather than all in one go
    Last hard: I am staying zen :)
    Lyrics: nope

Have a great day all. Hope everyone has got the sunshine
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow OH what a lovely photo!!
    EMzap keep the zen going x
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done with the youngest's results, Dustin! All down to the parents, of course. 

Emz: there were blue skies earlier. Put the washing out...you can work out the rest. Hope it is dry at Lords!

re jackets, my usual jacket is from ronhill: waterproof, breathable, windproof, taped seams, hood. Have far too many others as I keep being given them when helping at Great Run events; nearly all of these keep me far too wet inside!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I'm also about to put the washing out ale...
  • Morning oh drat Afternoon,

I am loving all the jacket recommendation's I have a Montane featherlite and a Brooks which makes me sweat a bit especially the arms! I bought Alun an OMM jacket ooh must be 12 + years ago(I remember as found receipt and cost £200 and still going strong.I will look out for an OMM for myself at the right price as it will be so handy with the Welsh rain!

Dustin: Well done Miss D and hope your 2020 trip is a good one.

OH: What a great photo!!

Hazel: Good luck for race tomorrow is it another evening race?

Wabo: Well done on race last night!

RFJ: Keep fighting  and don't believe everything you are told!

What: 4 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard:Tiredness and time constraints
    Lyrics Nope

Still under the weather but fighting it:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I love the puffin pic OH. Hope you manage to enjoy your last day despite the weather.

I've never run in waterproof trousers Hazel - do you use them often?

Congratulations to Miss D. Next year's trip sounds exciting Dustin but you should be jacket shopping now, lots of bargains to be had (at least there are if you're female - I haven't looked at the men's).

Our blackberries aren't ready yet emzap, well, most aren't, it's weird this year, some bushes have a mix of nearly ripe and only just starting berries. I'm waiting for them to come in and the weather to improve so that I can go picking.

Sorry to hear that you're still under the weather Poppy.

I shall delay starting the thread tomorrow Alehouse and let you have a go:-) We have had showers rather than the rain that was forecast. Wet when I started my run then dried up so the jacket was stashed in my shorts pocket (lightweight inov8) then dark skies, strong winds and a heavy shower so the jacket was put on again before it dried up and the sun came out and the jacket was once again relegated to the pocket.

The marathon training should help with the jacket fit Wabo - or you could use it as an excuse to treat yourself to a new one.

I had such a good MLR despite the wind and weather that it turned into a LSR. Unexpected bonus in the mileage area:-)
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Terribly busy at work :(

Lots of jacket talk :) I generally hate rain jackets as I sweat too much in them but have ordered a Halo now for 80 euros 🤞

Yesterday's lyrics were Hurt, Johnny Cash
    The song was written by Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails

OH: love the puffin pic 👍

Nice to be so flexible with time, LMH. My morning slot is limited to 2 hours unless I get up at 3 am :)

Dustin: is that part of the UTMB series?
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Again, thanks all,

ref the distances, self imposed and agreed by the speacist, purley on how I am at present and what I have been able to cope with, (which also answers why I have been able to do any real distance stuff over the last year either), but actually happy with that, but also aware that it can change... so nothing is shut off, and will just take it a day at a time and see where we end up, its not going to be overnights, so not fretting, (just reeling a little....) But thanks all, so many questions etc....

Anyway, was tired tonight so opted for my short tempo route... 2.25m at 90% effort.... happy with that.

Take and thank you all again.