Are you and "in" or an "out"?

Comments

• 2308 said:
    You are a stupid person.
    Says the fucking idiot too scared to travel on the tube because of something that happened more than 12 years ago and literally petrified by people with brown skin.  
  • Ynnec said:
    2308 said:

It's a shit country and it will still be shit country with or without Brexit.

Where in the world would you be happy to reside?
    Anywhere as long as it's in a concrete bunker, wearing a tinfoil hat, isolated from the outside world and where nothing changes - change is clearly one of the many things that makes him shit his pants.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Ynnec said:
    Panic over people!

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17834879.boris-johnson-says-brexit-trade-deal-trump-will-boost-haggis/

Anticipate a significant post-Brexit increase in the HAGGDAQ.
    They can take our lives, but they'll never take our haggis!!
  • Ynnec said:
    2308 said:

The cheapest tiniest house was about £800,000 I believe.

How many tiny houses were up for sale? Were they in the Borough of Lilliput?

If you've been to Lilliput in Poole (near Canford Cliffs) you'd know that there are definitely NOT any small houses for sale ;)
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    1) I'm not scared to travel on the Tube; my common sense tells me it's dangerous so actually it's not a bad idea to stay off it if I can.
    In your infamous anti-running thread you couldn't comprehend the concept of 'risk'; seems now you do: EVOLUTION IN ACTION!!

Do you honestly think it's safer to be a pedestrian or cyclist in London than travel by tube/bus or train?
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    2308 said:

I honestly think I don't need to discuss it with you.

I don't need to discuss my perception of road risks or cycling risks either. Mind your own business.

That's that then.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    2308 said:

It most certainly is.

Indubitably.

2308 said:

Good luck with the leg retention.

Now that you've conquered Mt Risk, perhaps it time to ascend the peak of Mt Statistical Significance.
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Much as I have enjoyed the depth of intellectual discussion on this particular forum, I think I have found that trying to actually engage in rational arguments is pointless, especially with those who cannot distinguish between an otter and a seal, but it has been all quite entertaining, so thank-you one and all.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    2308 said:
    Ynnec said:

Now that you've conquered Mt Risk, perhaps it time to ascend the peak of Mt Statistical Significance.

That will tell me where a bomb is, will it?

The probability of getting seriously injured whilst travelling on your pimped up Brompton are far greater than on the train/tube. But hey, your choice. Just be sure not to veer off the road and collide head first into a Postbox. The resultant trauma and shock induce a cardiac arrest and you have to be given the kiss of life/resuscitated by a passing Somalian asylum seeker.

You'd enjoy the last bit wouldn't cha?
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    2308 said:

Probability doesn't tell me where the bomb is.

Probability doesn't predict my personal likelihood of an accident while cycling.

You aren't as bright as you think you are.

Terrorist attacks don't just happen on trains or tubes, they occur on the streets, too.

I think you've established that anyone that doesn't agree with your hateful bile is either:

a) Stupid, or
    b) a Moron

You aren't as bright as you think you are.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    2308 said:

Yes they do. But the London Underground has a special allurement to terrorists. You have to put on their mindset and think terrorist. Ask "Where shall I attack." And then when you come up with answers, stay away from the places your common sense informs you about.

So why refuse to include statistical evidence into your risk assessment?
    2308 said:

I haven't spouted any hateful bile. Just wisdom. It's wasted here, I know, but hey, I gave it a good go.

If you really believe that, you need help.
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    2308 said:

I chuck various other points into my (as you call it) "risk assessment". I come up with the idea, erroneous or not, that I should stay off the Tube. Then I make that a habit.

It isn't complicated. It's the same process whereby people stay off planes and decline to fly. Once they make that decision, you can bombard them with whatever statistics you want and they won't change their mindset because they went through a reasoned process which formed it and it suits them to stick with that.

Sounds like you developed a phobia of tube travel.

Fair enough.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    We seem to have entered a period of government cosplay.

I've long held that "Colin" is training account at a St Petersburg troll farm. I particularly liked the operative who posted about trying to get a woman wearing a "go fuck yourself" Christmas jumper arrested for being fat. I hope he got fast tracked. The current lot are not as good. Have they been banned or something as all that's left of their posts are in others quotes? Have I missed the whole thing again? Reinstate Colin!
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    I've just noticed that as well. There seemed to be a number of his posts on threads that were showing as being the last entries, but aren't in there at all. I guess he has been banned. Whilst I don't necessarily agree with banning anyone I had the feeling that the last couple of weeks his posts have purely been attention grabbing and trolling. Or he'd lost the plot.
  • HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    I stopped posting any replies to him as I got the feeling he was losing the plot. I had visions of seeing in the news a story about a middle aged man named Colin from South London driving a van into a mosque.

I've wondered about it being a troll but it's pretty easy to find a runner elsewhere on the net with the same name, in the right location who fits the bill. 
  • HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    JT141 - Don't tell me you also missed the gay cake thread. Classic Colin. The thread is still up but only his original post is there, none of his other rantings.