Asics kayano 25 alternative

After getting my gait tested I was advised to get the kayano 25's which have been great except they are not hard wearing.  I don't fancy paying that much for trainers every 3-4 months, what alternatives are there that offers the same support but not as pricey. 

Comments

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Kayano's have always been high mileage shoes so surprised that they're not lasting with you.  How many miles do you get before you have to replace them?

If you go to runrepeat.com, a very good shoe review site, and put in your Kayanos, page to the bottom of the review and will suggest similar shoes
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/SHADES">SHADES</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Kayano's have always been high mileage shoes so surprised that they're not lasting with you.  How many miles do you get before you have to replace them?

If you go to runrepeat.com, a very good shoe review site, and put in your Kayanos, page to the bottom of the review and will suggest similar shoes
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    It's not so much the soles but the fabric Upper, can start t see my big toe through one, dont if it could patch it on the inside. 
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    The uppers on road shoes are not usually very robust, they're designed to let air in to keep the foot cool.
    I take the damage is not from running through rough going, off road etc.   If your toe has damaged the shoe you do need to make sure your toenails are smooth and no sharp corners.   

For your next shoes you maybe want a shoe with a bigger toe box and maybe stronger material.   Trail shoes often have enough cushioning for road work but the uppers are definitely much stronger and robust.

I would repair them from the outside with Kinesio Tape.   I damaged the heel counter on a pair of my shoes and successfully patched it up with the tape and happily using them for training.
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">SHADES</a> said:</div>
    <div>The uppers on road shoes are not usually very robust, they're designed to let air in to keep the foot cool.
    I take the damage is not from running through rough going, off road etc.   If your toe has damaged the shoe you do need to make sure your toenails are smooth and no sharp corners.   

For your next shoes you maybe want a shoe with a bigger toe box and maybe stronger material.   Trail shoes often have enough cushioning for road work but the uppers are definitely much stronger and robust.

I would repair them from the outside with Kinesio Tape.   I damaged the heel counter on a pair of my shoes and successfully patched it up with the tape and happily using them for training.
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    I regularly clip my nails, so don't think thats the problem. I have run some trails including a half, nothing overly rough though. Will look at that kinesio tape. Any recommendations on trail shoes that offer the same support as the Kayano's? 
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    You'd need to ask Asics or an Asics retailer.   There are often trail shoes which are modelled on the road ones, so if you say for road you use Kayanos they should have a trail version or very close.

There are lots of good trail shoes by other manufacturers too.  Maybe go and try a few on.