Tuesday 27th August 2019 - Looks like you got a little more to lose

Morning.

Lyrics - Looks like you got a little more to lose

Cooling down for the weekend chicksta..........

Is this your last four days at work emzap? I guess the heat won't be helping with the swelling.

My back is a little stiff which I'm guessing is a consequence of yesterday's fall, hopefully it will ease as I move. I've also acquired three nasty bites - they must have got me whilst I was standing still! Whilst our forecast high is lower today it's going to warm up early and be hot and humid for my run. I'm hoping for at least another MLR and maybe even a LSR whilst the weather is good and I have the time, will have to say what the body has to say about that though.

What:           more miles
Why:            it's a sort of plan
Last hard:    not losing my temper with yesterday's dog owner
Last rest:     27/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Some Like It Hot - Robert Palmer.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning
    LmH - dog bites? May be worth getting the once over if anything more than a scratch. Listen to the body too after the run in, no point in over doing it. 
    what - club night think it's 5min,5x1min,5min,5x1min,5min.
    why - torture
    last rest - 8 days
    last hard - Sunday
    Yesterday was a do nothing day - did plan on doing a long walk but was too hot to do anything more than potter around the garden. 
    lyric - possibly

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

I'm presuming insect bites!

What: short and easy/fitness suite this evening

Why: Tuesday/hamstring/do what I can manage

Forecast to be warm this morning and then heavy showers pm and into tomorrow.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Yes, insect bites only fortunately - if the dog had bitten me you'd have heard all about it and I'd have been queuing for my antibiotics this morning!

That sounds like a tough session Dustin - when's your next race?

Is it today you get your scan results Alehouse?
  • Morning

Is the knee okay today then LMH? I like dogs in general but not out of control ones.  

Good you had a bit of a relaxing day yesterday Dustin after Sunday and pre club night.

Birkenstocks are very comfy emzap.

Similar forecast here Chicksta but fortunately a couple of degrees cooler.

Good luck with the scan results if it is today Ale.

What: group run hopefully - will do a couple of miles on my own to test the back
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: much neglected core exercices - in particular when the cat added its weight by sitting on me!
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lmh blimey - being taken out by a dog!! It does ache when you fall down, I should know! Do some nice easy miles to loosen it all up today
    dustin, what a fantastic sunday you had!!
    Hazel I took to my birkenstocks yesterday due to achy feet from running in heat!! Enjoy the group run
    Emzap, oh the heat is far harder for you I am sure!
    alehouse enjoy the short and easy
    dustin enjoy the club torture....

Cleo did do the kids race, albeit begrudgingly.  In fact most of the way little lyla was beating her!! She ran pretty much the whole thing, about 1.3 miles.  But her legs tired and cleo finished first!  Cleo clearly didn't feel fighting fit bless her. Medals and sweeties made it all good. 
    Pic to follow
    What: 2 miles d&d 
    why: I really have no energy for more today
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    you can only just see lyla her hat is so big!!
  • Morning

What: 7.15miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: getting out of bed or getting sleep
    Lyrics: nope

First time back to the hills and all went well!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Morning

What: waddling and yoga
    Why: it's what I can do
    Last hard: speed waddling to midwife appointment as I misread the time :lol: now to hospital for additional monitoring.
    Lyrics: nope

Hazel yes they are when your feet aren't too fat to get in them!

Aww well done Lyla and Cleo.

WP good work on the hills, especially in this heat

Have a lovely day all

• Awww Wabo. I hope that Cleo was pleased that she'd done it.

Yes my knee was fine this morning thanks Hazel. Hope you can enjoy your group run.

I bet you can still waddle faster than most when you want to emzap:-) Hope the extra monitoring is just precautionary?

Good to feel that you're getting back in to it Poppy.

Definitely warmer out this morning but another beautiful day and I was able to make the most of it with a LSR. I am so not looking forward to winter training.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    she was pleased LMH and especially to sprint finish and beat lil sis! Nice running!
    poppy nice miles
    emzap, hope all is good with you.  It is nice they keep an eye on things
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

… whereas I can't wait for winter training ;)   Bet I will chew those words when snow and black ice stop play :D I did look at some trail races in November and looked longingly at those grey, foggy slightly rainy pics

Glad your knee is OK, LMH.

Well done Wabo and family. Looks like a hot day over in your parts too.

Dustin: trying to work out what's rest and what's interval in that session :)

I love it when pets join in as you exercise, Hazel. Yoga-Adriene and her dog Benji always make me giggle.

Hope the hospital appointment goes well, em. I love my birkies too :) 

Feeling washed out and slightly dizzy, no idea why. Maybe the humidity is doing me in but something isn't quite right. Fingers crossed it sorts itself out.

What: a lacklustre run and half an hour of core strength 
    Why: was supposed to do intervals but body said no
    Last hard: admitting defeat
    Last rest: 11/8
    Lyrics: nagging away at the back of my mind ...

• Take care chicksta - I'm assuming you are well hydrated?

I'm glad she was pleased at the end Wabo - makes it more likely she'll want to do it again!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Chick - thats all efforts! 3 mins between each block, 1 minute between each 1min effort !!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Dustin: far too hard!

Nice pic, Wabo

Consultant feedback this pm: sacrum seems to be healing well but still some concern about last year's fracture so went for an x-ray. Results will hopefully be back before the end of the week. Thinks the hamstring issue is related to the glute not working properly because of the sacrum fracture: further physio advised. All clear to run more and work harder on stretches and strengthening...when the hammy allows. 

And it is pouring. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That sounds positive ale.  

Hospital was fine. Got sent due to reduced movements but he seemed to wriggle when we were there so all good. Prefer to get these things checked though.
  • Much better to have them checked and be reassured or able to take any action that's needed asap emzap. Glad all is ok.

That sounds quite promising Alehouse.
  • Sea swim (1/2 mile) today after morning surgery
    Sea swim, hill run then usual 5k Loop yesterday
    Intensive Swim weekend prior to that as 2 swim friends visiting.
    chest now feeling quite comfortable.

Conditions looking good for this weekend’s madness (kayak to Rousay Lap HM on Saturday followed by Harray HM on Sunday)

last rest: this month has been a fallow month, by design, but will still likely clock up 50 miles.

lyrics no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Good to see you, OH! And an interesting weekend in prospect! Glad the chest has improved.

All sounds positive, Emz

Cautiously optimistic is probably how I would best describe my current tests, LMH
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Nice pic Wabo and well done all round

3.37m steady / progressive

I have decided that I will still run planned race at Oldbury 10 on Sunday, just to see where I am at, expecting a road PW, but accepted that already so not fussed, but need to see if I can get my head round it....

Take care