Friday 30th August 2019 - I'm trying to control myself

Morning.

Lyrics - I'm trying to control myself

Sounds good for the weekend OH.

I am so tired - up three times in the night with Grace who has an upset stomach again. Unfortunately this may also mean that we don't get to go away tomorrow depending on how she is today/overnight. I was really looking forward to the break too:-( RHR is up a little this morning but I think that's the lack of sleep, it's within limits for some easy miles anyway.

What:            whatever the legs/body will allow (within reason - I'm not doing another LSR!)
Why:             I feel the need
Last hard:     contemplating not being able to go away tomorrow
Last rest:      27/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Push The Limits - Enigma.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope Grace makes a quick recovery, LMH!

What: short run

Why: hamstring is limiting any more

Cricket this evening, subject to the weather: have seen several forecasts and they vary considerably!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Forgot to post yesterday

What: only a km walked test, may manage a bit more today but my feet are huge so painful to stand
    Why: battling through
    Last hard: slowly getting bigger!
    Lyrics: nope

Last day at work today. Think I'll only need to go until lunch, not that I really have anything left to do.

Was up most of the night. Not sure why, but at about 4 was overcome by extreme hunger and got up and ate a lot. It's hard to think of diabetic snacks in the middle of the night! My bloodsugar was low at 4 am though, so must have needed it!

Don't talk about the c word! I have a get a baby out first and work out what on earth I do with it :lol:

Have a lovely day all
  • 7:20 swim around wreck with 5 other kindred souls.
    Visiting "Shetland Selkie" needing swim before work.

Had to work out which C word not to mention in that context, Emzap!

Weather forecasts very varied for tomorrow but likely to be wet and wind increase through the day. Plan is to eyeball situation in morning (no heroics) with likely ferry ride back with kayaks after run.
  • You do seem to be suffering a bit emzap, at least you can put your feet up work wise after today.

Me too Alehouse, I've been really looking forward to this break.

Hope the weather improves and you can make the most of the weekend OH.

Legs obliged with sixteen slow but comfortable miles. Right calf still tight but miles will decrease for the next two weeks and I have physio booked before the race so hopefully it will all come good.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lmh I do hope you get away and grace is ok. Is 16 MLR for you? Be lsr for me!!
    Emzap oh bless you are certainly going through it. 
    Alehouse have a nice short run. 
    Well I managed an hour round st Austell, hilly!!!!
    What just over 5 hilly miles
    Why don't know the area think I'll stick to hour runs, maybe every day
    Last hard these hills
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Oh got out for an hour plus on his bike so happy days All round
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

Hope Grace is perking up in the meantime LMH and you can get away.  

Have a great weekend OH.

Hope the weather works out for the cricket Ale.

Nice holiday running Wabo.  Looks very nice around St. Austell (just looked at some pics).

Hope your last day at work went well emzap - must be good to have that ticked off - put those sore feet up now!  And that word beginning with C can definitely wait.  Maybe put a couple of suitable snacks ready before you go to bed in case you need something?  

Needed a couple of days off the forum for generally feeling a bit down in the dumps (work, life and a bad run).  Trying to run LT intervals on Wednesday in the midday heat under time pressure on still tired legs was never going to be a good idea.   Perked up after a better run yesterday and having started to close off some never-ending tasks at work.  Should do some life in general sorting as well - it isn't like someone else will do it for me.

Anyway.

What: short recovery this evening
    Why: back to 6 day schedule on P&L HM plan
    Last rest: 26.06
    Last hard: motivation fell off of a cliff for a couple of days

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear life is a bit of mess right now, Hazel. Virtual hug coming your way 🤗

Hope Grace is alright, LMH. Would be a pity if you missed your holiday. Blimey, 16 miles is a long run in my book too, like wabo said ;) guess it's all relative. Well done for mastering that after a bad night.
    My back is holding up, thanks for asking. Wondering how many miles I have left in my decrepit body...

Wabo: the hills will make you stronger. Still thinking fondly of bastard hill in Provence ;)

Ale: any idea where that hamstring trouble is coming from?

Em: yay to finishing work. One less thing to worry about.

Xmas stuff hitting the shops here too. Was shopping this morning and dumbstruck to see shelves stocked with gingerbread and stollen. It's 26 degrees FFS!

We cancelled our MTB trip. Forecast is for thunderstorms all weekend down there which isn't exactly conducive to being out and about.

Had a shit night due to work stress. Went to bed reasonably early just to wake up at 23:43 😠. Saw every hour on the clock then until 4am when I had enough and got up to clean the kitchen. As I was awake now I decided to do my long run. 22 miles but it wasn't pretty. Humidity resulted in thick fog this morning which affected my breathing. Glad I got it done though.

What: see above
    Why: couldn't sleep
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 11/8
    Lyrics:
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good to see you Hazel...and chin up!

Nice MLR, LMH! And those hills will do you good, Wabo! Nice preparation for a marathon in Wales at the end of October!

Not too long now, Emz! parkrun in the morning? I think I will be volunteering. Hamstring can't cope with even 5k at present. 

Enjoy the weekend, OH!

Off to cricket shortly...rain has held off all day so I imagine I will get wet!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope that you can get on top of it all Hazel.

At the moment 16 is the top of my MLR range.

I think an hour a day whilst on holiday will do you the world of good Wabo especially as Alehouse says if you can keep the hills in.

It's been foggy and humid here in the mornings too chicksta though somewhat cooler. Sorry you're not going to get your weekend away. That was some run before work whatever the pace!

Hope the rain continues to hold off for you Alehouse.

Grace has perked up as the day progressed, I think it must have been something she ate this time, she's always been a bit of a nightmare scavenger. I have delivered her to MiL who will email me in the morning if she's had a rough night and doesn't feel she can cope. The way I feel at the minute if that happens Mark can stay home and look after her and I'll go away solo - I need this break!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Cross posted with Chick! The 22 is in the bank, pretty or not! Consultant is sure the hamstring issue is related to the sacrum fracture which may have compromised the glutes which in turn have messed with the hamstring.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh that sounds like a good idea! Is it Norfolk you're going to? Hope Grace remains well though

Wabo sounds like some nice running

Hazel hope things perk up soon. Sending hugs your way.

Ale yes barcodes at churchfields (voted hardest run in the UK).

Managed to walk 2.5 km then sleep 2 hours so am being good :). Feet don't go down whatever I do though and hands remain numb. Just have to be careful not to burn myself.

Chick sorry to hear you aren't sleeping.  Can you eat some zartbitter lebkuchen for me please?  For some reason I love the tip ones from real even though they are the cheapest out there!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    chick. 22m of not a lot of sleep is impressive

Rest day yesterday other than a few circuits / stretching 

3.4m easy today

Parkrun tomorrow then the Test on Sunday at Oldbury 10m...

Watching the football at home

Take care