I can't stop the way I feel
Things you do don't seem real.

What: 8 miles GA with strides, out in a bit
Why: hot later
Last rest: 26.08.

Have a good Saturday, back later. 

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Shattered - The Cranberries.

Enjoy your run Hazel - and send some heat please!

What:          short and easy/waiting for email from MiL
    Why:            hopefully going on holiday
    Last hard:    worrying about Grace
    Last rest:     27/7

Lyrics - familiar but can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lmh I hope you get away and grace is better
    Hazel have a good run! 
    It is typical isn't it that when you finally get away from work etc that you feel a bit rough. I feel so tired and I'm so glad I can charge my batteries up I do need it
    What no park run, I'll be running an easy hour plus along a river later
    Why all  park runs here are hard, sensible head
    Last hard yesterday's hour! So hilly
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Hope I start feeling better soon - it's the head and flashing eye thing :-(
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Get well Wabo!

Go well, OH: looks as if it will be a bit damp. And cool.

What: short run and probable fitness suite

Why: day 365 of current streak! Hamstring won't allow to do much more than short, unfortunately. 

Lyrics: thanks Hazel...but no.

Hope to here good news re Grace, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh again I am taking your advice, I will attempt an hour every day to keep things simple while away. Good training I reckon
    Emzap great you've finished work now. 
    Alehouse how was cricket? 
    Chick wow some miles on little sleep!!! 
    Hazel ah sorry life is needing sorting big hugs to you. Sure you will sort it now the work stuff is sorted
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Rfj, have a good park run
  • Morning

Enjoy your breaks LMH, Wabo and Hazel?

What 8 miles
    Why: Because I could/long run
    Last hard: The run today Treacle legs
    Lyrics: I don't think sounds familiar

2 runs with treacle legs and today was the worst but building miles and I am so hungry pre run usually a small banana is all I need!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • In a 'you couldn't make it up' way Grace is fine - but FiL has had a seizure. Have just come back from reassuring and comforting MiL and am trying to decide whether going away is still ok. It's not FiL I'm worried about - it's unlikely to be life shortening nor threatening - it's leaving MiL. No 2 son was told we were away and that he needed to take up the slack but of course hasn't arranged to visit or anything.

An hour a day with some walking or cycling this week will do you the world of good Wabo. Hope you feel 100% soon.

Always difficult when you're building the miles Poppy - I get the same slow pace and increased hunger.

Did you get to enjoy the cricket yesterday Alehouse?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ah dammit, LMH. Things are really conspiring against you. Hope MiL is calming down so you can get the much needed break 🤞

Happy parkrunning/volunteering those who are. Too hot here and they had enough volunteers.

Good luck for tomorrow, RFJ.

Good miles on treacle legs, poppy.

Hope the aura didn't morph into a full blown migraine, wabo.

Keeping the streak alive, ale

Did you have a good run, Hazel?

Thankfully I had a much better night. I even managed to sleep uninterrupted between 2 and 5 which is rare.

What: 5 mile recovery to the shops and back
    Why: long run yesterday
    Last hard: bits of yesterday
    Last rest:. 11/8
    Lyrics: yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the "couldn't make it up" scenario, LMH! Mark's brother reminds me of my own!

Cricket was good last night...apart form it was cold and drizzly and the queue for the bar was again excessive! Exciting match though!

Still grey and drizzly here.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    ... or my sister-in-law :)

Emzap: Forgot to reply re. Tip Lebkuchen. Let me know when you're ready to succumb to sweet treats again and I'm happy to send a few boxes over.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hope things get better LMH

Enjoy the breaks those who are off :-)

Good solid progressive parkrun at Chippenham, no 484, 31st today in 22:22

Looking forwards to tomorrows PW attempt... lets see how I go approach, nothing more... thanks all

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Aug figures are, unsurprisingly, not great: 132.79Km, 1 race, 1 series win, 3 gentle parkruns. Most of this came in the first half of the month; was planning on upping the kms, not decreasing them!

Well done RFJ: nice time! Personally I would be setting off very steadily tomorrow and be looking to run progressively...and more importantly, to feel. 
  • Very wet & windy undulating Rousay Lap
    (Weather meant no kayaking)
    Last hard: that was, especially the first 4 miles uphill into wind.
    Couldn't be any wetter by finish so completed with swim lap of harbour
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well toughed out, OH: saw the forecast and rather you than me! And rather you than me with the swim as well! Well done! Tomorrow?
  • Sorry you didn't get to kayak OH but it sounds as though you made the most of the day.

Don't limit yourself RFJ! As Alehouse says, run to feel and enjoy.

There's a lot of this 'chocolate teapot' family member stuff about then? It does drive me mad especially as it always feels as though BiL and his partner are the golden couple the way MiL talks about them.

I made MiL ring BiL whilst I was there - turns out having told her he is too busy with work to visit since the beginning of July he was on his way to Newcastle for the weekend.......................... Anyway, Mark insisted that it was ok for us to come away (which of course was what I wanted to hear) and now BiL is visiting on his way home and then going to stay with MiL midweek for a couple of days so I'm considering myself off duty and hoping the phone doesn't ring.
  • Tomorrow is another day, AH ...

• Today's fun (but with friend's times on x-axis)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That's a hilly run oh!

I'm so glad you can get away lmh. You do so much and you deserve the break.

Ale, what cricket was it?

Chick he he thanks!

Wabo hope you feel better soon.

WP that's good mileage especially as you've not been well again recently.

What: barcode scanning
    Why: on my way to Worcester for brunch and this one's on the way. 
    Last hard: walking up the hill to the car from shopping (didn't have any change for the car park so had to go to the free spaces!).  Did manage another 4 km today though so still managing to keep vaguely active.
    Lyrics: nope

Have a great evening all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Emz: T20 last night v Leicestershire. Been a member of both clubs so couldn't really lose! It will rain at old Trafford on Thursday and Friday as I have Ashes tickets.

Thought you said it was hilly, OH!