Monday 2nd September 2019 - Hey baby

Morning.

Lyrics - Hey baby, You really got my tail in a spin

Well done on getting round a tough double OH and a good win for Els - I love the trophy.

When is your due date emzap? More unusual for first babies to be early.

Had a bit of an anxious evening waiting for news from MiL who was visiting FiL in hospital but it transpires there isn't any really. Poor woman is worried that his 'loud comments' are offensive  but I've tried to explain that everyone will know he has dementia and not take any of it personally and in fact some of it will probably give the nurses a giggle. MiL says that he's on oxygen (but no reason why) and the doctors will decide what's happening this morning - I'm hoping it will just be discharge back to the home.

What:           I expect there'll be something short but not as easy as I'd like later
Why:            tired despite sleeping better and Norfolk isn't flat!
Last hard:    choosing just two flavours of ice cream
Last rest:     27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Was going to start the thread at 6:04 but LMH got there first with lyrics that I don't know!

Well done on the double halves, OH! And well done Els!

What: short run/fitness suite

Why: Monday is supposed to be long run day with M74 but hamstrings not up to it. 

How are the fingernails, Wabo?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all
    Sorry been awol - will explain shortly
    Enjoy the breaks LmH, Wabo & Hazel
    LMH - hope both Grace & FiL are much improved. Norfolk is lovely (Dad's family originate from Happisburgh) - keep meaning to take the old fella back there - he's 80 in a couple of weeks but may wait until spring.
    Hazel - sending some virtual <<hugs>> your way
    OH - nice bling there for Els
    Chick - top work on the tired 22 and did I read that right 315 miles in a month!!!????
    RFJ - well toughed out on the 10, I'm sure pacing is something you'll put right and as you said , 10 is the top end of your current range. It will come.

Anyway, off last Friday for a London day trip, chilling, RIB ride on the Thames and dinner out. My littlest baby turned 18 on Saturday. Does that mean I now have no children?
    Saturday she went into Southampton with her sister and pals (drum and bass) clubbing, let's just say there were some weary bodies in the house yesterday...
    Run wise for me:
    Friday - 10 very easy road/trail mix 
    Saturday - 30 minutes Kenyan hills, 6.5 miles in total
    Sunday - 12 hilly trail miles will some of the club 
    August was about 180 miles. 

Today - steady lunchtime, committee meeting tonight
    Why -recovery
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - legs felt it yesterday tbh, if not Saturdays hills

• I'll wait a bit longer tomorrow Alehouse :-)

Another busy weekend for you Dustin. I love this part of the world - don't leave it too long to bring your dad back for a visit.
  • Morning!

You are on holiday LMH - treat yourself to 3 flavours of ice cream!  Hope it is good news regarding FIL.  I expect the hospital staff will be used to it.  I remember Norfolk being quite undulating in parts. 

Well done to both you and Els OH.  Nice pic (thanks!) and trophy for Els. 

RFJ well done on completing the 10 miles and it does seem to give you some pointers as to where you are and what you might need to do / can do.

Chicksta: agree on the LT progressive runs being the hardest (Vo2 max intervals come a close second though!).  Weather broke with some thunderstorms yesterday afternoon / evening - no more heat expected for now thank goodness.  That is great August mileage from you. 

Hope he arrives soon emzap. 

Shame you can't go out with M74 Ale. 

Busy as always Dustin.  Agree - Norfolk has quite a bit to offer. 

What: rest day
    Why: Monday and need it after a 90k week which is a lot for me.
    Last hard: the last miles of yesterday's progressive run but they are supposed to be
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: can sing it but can't remember the title or who it is by.  Maybe it will occur to me later

Have a good Monday all.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: parking away from both the hospitals today
    Why: means I can get done walking in whilst fitting in all my appointments
    Last hard: waiting!
    Lyrics: yes unusually for lmh's

Lmh I'm still hopeful as if he doesn't come by 40 weeks they will induce me which I'd like to avoid if possible!  Also, I agree, you're allowed to eat all the ice cream (you can have my allowance :) )

Ale be careful

Sensible hazel

Dustin sounds like you fit a lot in this weekend!

Happy Monday everyone
  • Swim so far (pre-work for the workers)
    Recovery loop this evening.
    Post double weekend
    Last hard yesterday
    Lyrics no

I have a GP friend married to a physio who subscribed to the first baby's don't come early, non-evidence based theory. He booked a holiday at 37w gestation
    - which was not to be.
    That being said, they will likely advise  you not to go beyond your dates, given your situation, Emzap.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Alehouse I suffered exploding head syndrome watching that, also watched who wants to be a millionaire ha ha
    Done the hour every day except thismorning
    Lmh all flavours allowed!
    Come back Later for more
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • To confound first born theory, my eldest was two weeks early (as was the second one...)
  • LMH: Fingers crossed that's it with MiK/FiL drama for a while. That's a nice part on the coast and yeah, not flat. I think there's a place called Little Snoring somewhere around there which always made me chuckle. Glad you're sleeping better. Hope you can relax now and shake that tiredness.

Dustin: yep, no typo :) I like one massive mileage month in a campaign. June and July were nowhere near, rest assured. My body would have broken. Sounds like you had fun in London town. Happy 18th birthday to your baby ;)

Hazel: 90k is loads in a HM schedule. Don't think I went over 80 when I followed the P&L plan.

Nice bling, OH. Well done to you and Els.

Em: Fingers crossed you won't need to be induced 🤞

Shame those hamstrings are still causing trouble, ale

What: 12 miles
    Why: one more big week
    Last hard: Friday
    Last rest: 11/8
    Lyrics: yes
  • Hope the appointments went well emzap.

Sounds like quite a lot for a recovery day OH.

Shame your hamstrings still aren't cooperating Alehouse.

You could have sent the heat over here Hazel - I'd have enjoyed it especially this week.

He's still in hospital chicksta and on oxygen and apparently 'not medically fit for discharge' but MiL has no idea why..........

Hope you managed to do something today Wabo.

Just the seven miles run for me today but I have walked over twelve according to my Garmin. No ice cream though as it had turned a little chilly by the time we arrived back. There's always tomorrow.
  • Loop this evening was again very wet with 2-3” water on long sections of path.
    No running tomorrow.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    hi all

thanks for comments, it is difficult readjusting with the pace zones to what I can do over shorter distance and that of longer (and in between too) not your usual 10k to 10m to half pacing either... so yes learning but looking at comfort to....

2.75m very easy on the treadmill

LMH sorry to hear all the issues with Family

our 1st was late 2nd early...

Take care all
  • Evening!

Surprised you managed to run today at all after the weekend's efforts, OH!

Hope your weather is better than here, LMH: cold and wet since two. Considering putting the heating on. Thought of you when baking sweet beetroot tarts this pm: decided against gluten free flour. Wasn't sure what to think about the concept but it worked surprisingly well!

90K week is quite a hefty one, Hazel, particularly considering terrain and speed!

Hope the physio can work a bit of magic tomorrow on the hamstrings. Am putting weight on and losing fitness rapidly (well that's what it feels like!).
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Appointments went well. Gold star from diabetes clinic. Mixed news from birthing centre re options (but having been talked through them, am ultimately happy). Induction booked in so please everyone sent labour inducing vibes this way!
  • Exciting times, Emz! Labour inducing vibes on their way! 
  • Ha, your usual response might have been that I didn't try hard enough! AH

For those wishing to avoid induction, emz, one of our midwives used to give a talk on "hot baths, hot curry and hot ..."! ;)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Emzap sending those vibes
    What 40 blinking hilly minutes
    Why is where I am
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Tomorrow will be longer plus I'll get on my bike!! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can