Tuesday 3rd September 2019-You say I know it's a waste of time There's no use trying

About time I did this 🤣🤣
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

What might be more like 80 mins, and a tough bike ride
    Why bikes here and I've not got on it once yet
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last  rest 31/12/16
    My other granddaughter came down with chicken pox exactly two weeks after her big sister 😔
    New bubba shows as caught up in New scan 😍

• Morning

I seemed to have missed yesterday but all good 8 miles yesterday.

Em: Good luck and hope you are not induced and baby comes out naturally:-)

Wabo: Sorry to hear about more chicken pox!

Ale: Beetroot tarts sound yummy :)

What: miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Family stuff
    Lyrics: Nope

Have a good day/
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Life Is A Rollercoaster by Ronan Keating.

Good news emzap. I've heard the curry advice before and bouncing gently whilst sitting on a Swiss ball..............

Tarts sound interesting Alehouse. Our weather was good yesterday but is forecast to deteriorate after today with rain tomorrow morning and high winds on Thursday, the cliff path might not be an option for running and I'm not sure where else to go. Yesterday's run was flatter but my knees aren't very happy already.

Good news on the scan, not so much the chickenpox Wabo but probably best they all get it over with. Hope you enjoy your run and ride today.

Sorry to hear that you're also having family issues Poppy.

What:          short but not as easy as I'd like run
    Why:            I'll feel worse if I don't
    Last hard:    not worrying about MiL/FiL
    Last rest:     27/7

Lyrics - familiar but no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Morning!

Driving up and down a cobbled street, Emz! Or these days I imagine going over lots of road bumps might do the trick!

What: unsure/fitness suite

Why: physio at lunchtime will hopefully clarify the unsure bit!

Weather forecast for the rest of the week is not great here...and therefore for The Ashes. I'm going Thursday and Friday...with brolly and waterproofs I imagine.

Hope you get your 80 minutes in, Wabo! Chicken pox is good for the little one although she won't think so at the moment!

Lyrics: no

Edit: physio has messaged to move appointment to tomorrow as I need a longer appointment as it is a new and complex problem! Will have a short run this evening.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse how that weather stays away for the ashes.
    Lmh the running when you're away is tricky at times isn't it. I'm mapping routes and hoping the roads are ok to run!!!
    Poppy sorry to hear about family stuff, keep running it keeps is sane

• Morning all
    Wabo - I seem to remember willing ours to get chicken pox as soon as it went round...scan news is good news!
    What - club night - think we're doing paarlauf
    Why - erm, club night..
    last rest - few weeks
    last hard - all seem to be at the moment...

lyric - possibly

• Morning

Some more labour vibes to emzap.  Are you feeling all prepared for the arrival now?  Good the appointments went well.

Have a good bike ride Wabo.  Bad luck for your granddaughter with the chicken pox - hope she doesn't suffer too much. 

Hope the family stuff doesn't get you down too much WP.

Hmm how about an excursion to the Broads for a run LMH?  Nice and flat there - maybe need the wind behind you though.   Not sure how much of a hassle that would be though. 

Good luck at the physio Ale.  And that the cricket doesn't get rained off entirely then.

Enjoy club night Dustin.

Have a good rest day OH.

90k does seem a lot Chicksta - I'm working through the 46 - 62 mile P&L plan (or am trying to).  Same sort of mileage I would train for a mara on but with a different emphasis.  I'm hoping it will put me in a good place for starting a decent mara campaign for next spring (following a recovery period and some base weeks).  Need to think about which mara soon!

What: group run with padding, might run to and from the meeting point as it will be getting a bit too dark for the return soon.
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: autumn has arrived - the grey dull foggy type. 
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • I have OS maps and visit the tourist information looking for circular routes Wabo, there are some good online sites where you can find running or walking routes too with a bit of searching.

Hazel - I'm not keen on driving somewhere to run though we do sometimes when we're in the USA but that also means we can explore the local parks etc. I'll just content myself with very reduced mileage. Enjoy the run with company.

Any races coming up Dustin?

pain about the physio appointment and the weather Alehouse - hopefully it won't be as bad as forecast.

A hilly (for me) seven miles before breakfast and what a beautiful morning it was to be out running. Once Mark is back from his bike ride and sorted we are planning to go for a walk and make the most of the good weather (assuming it lasts that long!).
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: walking and resting and bouncing on a ball 
    Why: want to get things going
    Last hard: waiting
    Lyrics: nope

Oh a lot of people have said that to me :joy:
    Lmh hope you find your loop :)
    Wabo glad baby has caught up. Though I'm also not convinced how accurate the growth scans are so I'm trying not to worry (predicting mine to be 10lb+).  Annoying about the chicken pox but I guess now they've both got it out the way.
    Ale hope the physio can help.

Have a lovely day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin enjoy the club pile offs 🤣🤣
    Emzap Agree they do come out with all sorts of things!! Excited for our thread bubba! 
    Ale hope physio goes well tomorrow
    Lmh I use fetch and Google maps, getting to know this area better. It's far worse when we go Crete. Ha ha my oh was out on his bike while I ran
    Hazel enjoy the club run
    What 5.2 the hilliest on the trip so far
    Why sticking to the hour
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a Good day all

• Wow emzap - 10 pounds would be a big boy! 

Well done for getting it done Wabo.

We had a lovely nine mile circular walk today, the weather was way better than forecast - I was getting hot in t-shirt and shorts walking along the beach into a strong headwind! I'm hoping (but doubting) that the weather will be better than forecast for the rest of our stay.
  • Do we know it's a boy?

750m sea swim. Cool wind today. Maybe badminton later.
    Resting running legs.
    Recovery run yesterday evening was hard.
    Lyrics no as usual.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    We know it's a boy as much as you can be sure with a scan :) wabo do you know what yours is?
  • Popping in quickly to cross fingers for em 🤞. Hope you're sitting on that bouncy ball doing all that hot stuff that people recommended ;)

Unfortunately busy at work. Will catch up tomorrow.
  • Trying any of that hot stuff on a bouncy ball late on in pregnancy could be, err, interesting (and messy for some) :D
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    TMI OH....:-)

All the best Emz <>< praying all goes well.

Healing and healthy vibes to all as well seems a few are down at present...

4.25m for me tonight with 5 x 300m and a 1k effort at 10k pace... good little session.

Take care
  • Curry all over the floor?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap no they don't want to know but feel it's a Girl, we all do. 
    Exciting times
    I cycled up to my brother's and back today and it was tough but so happy I did it, he lives in par at the top of a hill 🤪🤪
    Oh August was my highest one for ever, 123 miles
    Nice running rfj
    Nice Walking lmh we're doing lots too
    Hear a great day today, my mum is in great spirits here which is so nice to see

Plan to run slightly longer tomorrow, then we have  afternoon tea on a train from Bodmin with brother, his wife, my mum, niece and her two girls. Should be lovely