Wednesday, 4th September 2019 - Sittin' here eatin' my heart out waitin'

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
edited September 2019 in Training
Morning :)

Lyrics with emzap in mind ;)

Sounds like a lovely holiday,  wabo.

Hope the weather stays nice for you, LMH.

Can't sleep - nothing new there. Going out in a moment hopping for achiever MLR.  It's still pitch black outside  :(

Comments

• Morning.

Unfortunately I woke to rain lashing against the windows at 0430hrs chicksta:-( The weather is a little Orkneyesque. I'm hoping it will perk up enough to allow an enjoyable run but the forecast for the next two days is pretty pants. Yesterday may have been the last gasp of summer...........

Any movement emzap? I hope you have OH logged in so that he can keep us updated as things progress.  :)

What:            hopefully something later
    Why:             habit? stress relief?
    Last hard:     not having much summer
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: appropriate, but no

Unfortunately I woke to rain lashing against the windows, also. And cold and windy. And forecast not great. With Old Trafford just down the road they will do well to start the 4th Ashes Test on time. Still pouring. 

What: unsure

Why: be guided by physio

Back later. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope it goes well at the physio Alehouse.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Lyrics were get on your feet Gloria Estefan
    Lyrics today I think I do
    The weather here has been so good we've been really lucky! 
    Lmh hope weather allows
    Chick hope you get your MLR
    Oh blimey is just started raining literally!!!🤣🤣
    Alehouse hope physio goes well
    What a bit longer run and no doubt hilly
    Why can't avoid
    Last hard yesterday run and bike
    Last rest 31/12/16
    In 23 days I will hour my 1,000th day running every day, the comma day 😍
    Check in later hope everyone is good
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Nothing yet but have been feeling a bit out of sorts since Sunday so I'm hoping this is a sign something will happen soon (though the midwife wasn't convinced!).

What: resting, maybe a walk if I can
    Why: taking the opportunity to test
    Last hard: waiting game. Especially when not feeling well with it.
    Lyrics:nope

Hope physio has good news ale.

Hope it brightens up for you lmh
  • Enjoy your longer run Wabo. Hope it dries up for you.

Still wet and windy here emzap. I'm sure I'll get out at some point but I'm not relishing the prospect at the moment. Hope you feel better as the day progresses - and that bump decides to progress.
  • Morning all
    Emzap - hope you feel better later, rest up and take things easy!
    LmH - A coastal run in the rain? At least it won't be crowded! And you're not working...!

What - easy recovery 
    Why - legs jaded. Opted to do track yesterday: 4 sets of 4x200s off 40s rest, 3 mins between each. 
    Very tough, but pleased knees, hamstrings and quads stayed in one piece throughout. 
    Have the club's annual mile race on Sunday, and the South Of England Road Relays 2 weeks later. Then its XC season!!
    Last rest - a few weeks
    last hard - yesterday 

Was raining first thing - first I've seen for weeks, good for the garden I suppose.

• chicksta said:
    ...Going out in a moment hopping for achiever MLR.  It's still pitch black outside  :(

Hmm - hopping around an MLR might be an achievement in itself Chicksta ;)

Hope the weather improves soon for those on holidays and waiting for the cricket.  I guess I shouldn't report it is a beautiful day here today (will change for tomorrow though).  Can't do much with the nice weather as I need to work grrr.

Hope you feel better soon emzap.

What: short recovery
    Why: plan tweaking so that I don't get stressed about doing speedwork/longer runs on a limited time budget on Wednesdays at midday
    Last rest: 02.09.

Lyrics: sitting here eating certainly (seem to be constantly hungry at the moment due to the increased mileage), title etc. no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Think longer run won't happen, it's been hard getting out for an hour every day first thing, mainly alone. 
    Feel just a minimal run coming on. So be it. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lyrics have just come to me :lol:
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just back did tough 36 mins worth, at least I've kept the streak savers at bay. Took a Lot of doing today 
  • I did think you might be asking a lot of yourself after yesterday Wabo. Can you aim for the longer run tomorrow having kept it shorter today?

I can't believe we're nearly in xc season Dustin :-(

It's supposed to be fun not stress inducing Hazel. Hope the tweaking helps.

Amazingly I managed to dodge the showers and enjoy a bright and breezy run - filthy here at the moment.
  • Morning again!

Just back from the physio who confirmed that the damage to the sacrum had impinged on the efficiency of the glutes and therefore impacting on the hamstrings. Exercise progamme given. Short run on the anti-gravity treadmill.

Came out of the physio and it was pouring yet when I put the radio on heard they were playing cricket at Old Trafford just two miles away! Glad you stayed dry, LMH

Wabo: I was going to write what LMH wrote!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh and alehouse once again I'm going to do exactly what you advise. I have the run in mind and will do it tomorrow
  • Afternoon,

Em: Good luck we are thinking of you but baby comes when baby is ready :)

What: 8 miles
    Why Seems to be the distance at the moment
    Last hard: Treacle legs have been back in action past 2 days
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon!

Emz: I have two tickets for sale for tomorrow's play at The Ashes if you are interested! Am sure that would take your mind off things...or speed things up!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ha Ale, I'd love to, but think it's a bit far to travel at the moment! Are you not going any more then?
  • Yes, I'll be there Thursday and Friday, Emz. A friend of a friend has the tickets for sale as he can't make it. Hope the weather is better than today, not that the forecast is very favourable.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Hazel: :D:D:D you can tell I wasn't awake when I posted and had rather fat fingers which weren't coping well with my teensy phone keyboard.

Meant to say hoping for another MLR ;)

Happy tweaking :)

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit below par, emzap. Fingers crossed the lil' one pops out soon.

Relax, wabo. You're on holiday after all. You're putting in consistent mileage so a shorter day here and there won't hurt. Quite the opposite - you're in a very hilly area so be careful not overdo things. Big picture and all that.

Glad you have some answers, ale. Hope the exercises to the trick.

Sounds like too much hard work to me, Dustin!

What: 15 miles
    Why: final big week before the T word …
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 11/8

• Sea swim (720m) track session (lasso 800s) and decorating.
    Interior building work complete
    last hard: tonight
    lyrics no

hope all goes well and soon emzap