Sunday, 8th September 2019 - I walked along the avenue

Morning :)

Lyrics: I walked along the avenue

Hope you are not too beaten up this morning, LMH.

That's brave to go to parkrun more a week overdue, em.

Ale: you run through Interlaken for a bit and the first 20-25 k don't have that much elevation gain but after that the only way is up some mountain so that you end up having spectacular views of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.

What: last long run
Why: 3 weeks to Berlin
Last hard: time passing so quickly
Last rest: 11/8

Have a good Sunday, all.

Comments

• Morning
    Sorry been AWOL life getting in the way but I have run 8 miles every day.

LMH: I hope you are not too bruised this morning/

Em: I thought you may have had bump by now can not be too long:-)

What: Around 8 miles
    Why: It is what I do/have time for
    Last hard: Getting enough sleep
    Lyrics: Yes

Will be off in an hour to run my chest torch is not charging and over heating so it has been surviving on what juice is left .But looks like will have tobuy another one as Decathlon are playing games with me over it, will give it one last attempt and ring them tomorrow.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - On The Road by Keane.

Hope you had a safe journey and OH is ok Wabo. Just keep it nice and easy and try to enjoy being back on the flat for your long run, nice to have the company for some of it.

Wow - nearly taper time already chicksta, that does seem to have come round quickly.

I hope he doesn't keep you waiting too much longer emzap.

Sorry to hear that your hamstring is being annoying Alehouse.

Yes the other driver stopped - he had to as he needed to pull his front spoiler off before he could move his car! To be fair he was a very nice young man, very concerned about me, wanted to call an ambulance, my husband etc (I must look like a right old biddy). I have to admit when I first saw his car I thought 'uh, oh, boy racer' but he wasn't like that at all. He even called to check that I'd made it home safely as he was worried about me. I feel very shocked still, my first RTC in over 30 years, and a bit stiff, it particularly seems to have upset my back/shoulder which was having intermittent spasms yesterday but seems to have settled. I shall see how I feel after walking Grace. Was planning 10-14 today and reduced mileage for the rest of the week in advance of VoY half but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

What:           hopefully something
    Why:             sanity
    Last hard:     the impact yesterday
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - not sure.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Trust there is not too much damage to your body, LMH

Lyrics: no

What: unsure running-wise, but fitness suite for sure

Why: hamstrung

Bet it was cold this morning, WP: only 6 degrees at 8 o'clock! Looks a beautiful day though! Won't last as the rain is back tomorrow.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale: Oh yes woolly hat,and long sleeved top and gloves :)....I love it, it has taken 2 hours to get my hands warmed up :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Fingers crossed the bruising isn't too bad and the incident won't affect your half next week, LMH.

I love this weather too. 12 degrees this morning, misty, no wind. Managed another 22 miller and an 80 mile week but it nearly broke me. I know why I usually stick to 60 mile weeks with the odd 70.
    My arthritic toes are playing up and I had to stop and stretch my left foot with 3 miles to go. HR was low - 127 average for 8:44 pace. Roll on taper, I'm whacked.

Not sure an 18 week schedule a la P&D is a good idea... can't remember feeling this broken last year. Anyway, can't be changed now. Just hoping things will settle a bit over the next 3 weeks.
  • Ouch LMH. Hope the bruises are not too bad and the shock of it wears off quickly. At least the other driver wasn't a complete idiot post-accident.

Have a nice long run Wabo, enjoy the company.

Hope the hamstring will agree to a gentle outing Ale. Jungfrau is basically a 16 mile run followed by 10 miles of mostly hiking with some jogging here and there (for the average participant at least). Most of the ascent is in the last 10 miles and it is the transition from fairly flat to steep that makes it hard in my experience. My two teammates finished well, one has run every year and gets free entry. No views yesterday due to low clouds.

An 80 mile week seems massive to me Chicksta, not surprised you are tired.  I found the 18 week schedule did drag on a bit. 

Annoying regarding the chest lamp WP. Gloves and hat already? Must go and look for mine!

What: 15 miles later
    Why: this weeks long run, slow start today, still processing breakfast
    Last hard: Cleaning the kitchen floor this morning - cat had a succesful hunt last night.
    Last rest: 02.09.

Lyrics:no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: hospital for 6 tubes of blood!! Followed by some walking in the country park and lunch out
    Why: suspected liver problems :dizzy: then some distractions whilst we wait for the results
    Last hard: sleeping as I was worried and you all know my love of needles
    Lyrics: maybe

Lmh glad you're not too sore today. So glad the guy was nice as well. Makes such a difference

Chick that's a lot of running. Hope you can rest soon 

Hazel ewww!

To be fair to the bump, he's not yet technically overdue..."due" is a 4 week window between 38 and 42 weeks (though for me I'll be induced at 40).

Started a 1500 piece puzzle last night in the hope it coaxes him out... Invoking Murphy's law and all that (if he comes out before we are finished it's unlikely we'll finish it!)

Have a lovely day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap glad you explained where your at in your term!!! Phew and exciting. But boy 6 lots of blood, poor you
    Hazel ooh what did the cat bring in, bet your 15 miles is half the hours of mine!!!!

Chick my stiff toe reared its ugly head today but I managed it. That's amazing miles, I have just done a 35 mile week and that's enough for me

Poppy nice to see you, nice running. I was vest and shorts today but it was fairly warm tbh at 9.45
    Lmh hope that the aches ease right up. Nice the other driver was reasonable.
    Alehouse so sorry to hear your Achilles is playing up 
    well LMH flat it was not! Did a couple of miles alone to meet my friend, legs felt awful. She said all day in the car yesterday prob why, makes sense. But straight away we headed off road and v up some monster hills!!! She did 6 with me so I left her and made sure to head up Another hill and away from home!! I then headed back off road and did some old club haunts and race courses. It was lovely but it was so slow
    What 15.25, 3.20, said it was slow
    Why it was hard! 
    Last hard that
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Feel very good about today, I know on marathon day I seem to run a better pace so I don't expect a 6 hour marathon but you never know 🤪
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Liver tests came back positive so induction has been brought forwards. Feeling slightly overwhelmed by it all but trying to keep calm in the knowledge that I'll be able to eat cake and feel my hands again soon (everyone says, and meet your baby, but that's also a terrifying (though lovely) thought).

I'll try and log on again tomorrow as who knows what time I'll need to go in but if not, you know why...

And what is happening at the cricket, it's a disaster!!
  • Afternoon!

Exciting news, Emz, and I understand the terrifying as well...and I am not referring to the cricket! I'm sure all will be well! The jigsaw may have done the trick!

3 hours + running, Wabo! Well done! Unfortunately it is my hamstring that is playing up and I don't know how to handle it! In one way I wish it really was the Achilles: seem to have worked out a management system for that!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Glad the jigsaw worked emzap............we'll all be routing for you and waiting for news. Focus on the cake!

And I thought Poppy liked the winter! Only 7C when I headed out but it was just shorts and a long sleeved top for me.

chicksta - but it didn't break you and the more often you do it the less it takes out of you in my experience.

Well done on getting it done Wabo, that's a long time to be on your feet.

I bet that wasn't pleasant to get up to Hazel.

Sorry to hear that your hamstring is being so bothersome Alehouse.

I am ok but definitely not right, not sure if I'm coming down with something or it's just cumulative stress or the accident or what but I feel pretty pants in myself. Mechanically everything apart from my back is ok and I'm used to managing that - just not quite this bad for as much of the time. I decided to keep it down to ten miles today as I do want to give next Sunday my best shot. Confusion between the insurance and car hire companies not helping my stress levels or the thought of being car less with FiL still in hospital in Nottingham and work starting again next week is definitely not helping. First world problems though I know.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Fingers crossed all goes well, em 🤞

Maybe it's your body's reaction to the shock from the accident, LMH. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Well done, wabo. That's a long time on your feet. Hope the toe calms down again.

I wonder how many miles I have left in mine ...
  • All the best emzap for you and bump! Cake soon!

Think it was a mouse again Wabo.  Amazing how much mess such a little thing can turn into. Well done on that long run, mine was faster but a bit shorter and most likely with less hills (14.93 apparently).

Problems enough not just to brush aside as nothing LMH. Hope the insurance pfaff is sorted quickly.