Monday 9th September 2019 - Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son?

Morning.

Lyrics - Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son?

Thinking of you emzap.

Heavy rain forecast for most of the morning then a dry bit when I need to be in to take a call from the insurance company then more rain when Grace will want her afternoon walk <<sigh>> Just as well I'm tapering. RHR is up 8bpm, I can barely swallow and I ache all over so it will be a very short and easy head clearing bimble for me.

What:          very short and easy
Why:           see above
Last hard:   2019 has been hard
Last rest:    27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Hope everything is fine today Emz!

What: fitness suite

Why: shelter!

Lyrics: yes (I used them exactly a month ago...and sadly still applicable)
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Doubly appropriate lyrics today (though unlikely for mine to have blue eyes!).

Got a bit of sleep though feeling pretty ill this morning. At least the liver problems explain why I've been feeling so awful.

Have to ring at 8:30 to get my slot. Fingers crossed...

Hope you stay dry lmh and look after yourself please.

What have we forgotten to do...
  • Morning!

Fingers and everything else crossed for emzap.

Sensible LMH.  Hope you start to feel better during the day.

Enjoy the fitness suite Ale.

What: rest day
    Why: Monday and not a bad idea after a decent week of running last week
    Last hard: nice weather out and I am chained to my desk
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no - even if they were used recently
  • I didn't remember you'd used them so recently Alehouse - I thought doubly appropriate with the weather and emzap's imminent arrival.

Hope you get a good slot emzap! Are the liver problems likely to be resolved with the delivery?

Hope you can at least get out for a walk Hazel - shame not to make the most of the good weather.

The rain set in just as Grace and I arrived home from her walk so I now have to decide whether to just get out and get soaked or wait it out until the garage and insurance company have (hopefully) called. I think it's going to be the latter as I really do want to sort out a replacement car if I can. Of course I may then need to work round the garage coming to collect mine but as I'm only looking for a little window of opportunity for my run that should be doable.
  • No problem with the lyrics, LMH! Great brains and all that! Hope insurance company/garage timings are good!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ward is currently full so now have to wait to be called in
  • Morning all,
    Emz - oh exciting times, fingers crossed
    LmH - wow, sorry to hear about the smash but pleased that there are no lasting injuries. Hope you find a window to get out
    Chick - impressive mileage, I get jaded on the 18 week P&D, but don't think I've ever hit an 80!
    Wabo - impressive running too
    Ale - hope the hammy starts to play nicely
    hazel - enjoy the day of rest
    WP - hat? gloves? long sleeves? 

what - easy lunchtime miles, QoP tonight
    why - recovery
    last rest - 3 weeks
    last hard - yesterday
    Club's annual championships. Timekeeping most of the day but at least the weather Gods were smiling: lovely sunshine and t-shirt and shorts all day! We run a mile race (or races) as part of the day. 3 heats this year (sub 5:30, 5:30-6:30 & 6:30+)
    I ran in heat 2. I knew that it was not going to be a great time, but ran solidly if unspectacularly for 6:04.66. At least I was pretty consistent per lap.
    How does that compare? well 20s down on last year, and over 30s outside what I ran 2 years ago but by and large it was a time I sort of expected. My 200, 400 and 800 efforts in training had indicated as much.
    Had a 4 mile recovery run last night and felt fine, no tightness no niggles no aches. Bizarre.

• That must be frustrating emzap - can they give you any indication of when it might be?

Still waiting to hear from anyone other than the legal people 'no, I am not making a claim for whiplash or anything else thank you, stop hassling me' (they called twice yesterday! Heavy rain is making me feel better about not being out.

Any improvement with your hamstring Alehouse?

I don't think I've ever run a mile that fast Dustin. Have you looked at how the WAVAs compare?
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    nice mile Dustin - I am hoping to return to Andovers Mile champs on Thurs, but have a hammy niggle now so may not be able too.

Been awol most the weekend, sorry.

Parkrun pacing duties on Sat for 25 min.... 24:58 so happy with that and a few thanks for fastest time and a PB to date for those on the train....

A few easier miles as seemed to picked up a niggle in the back of the leg  hammy / glute area.... so watching that and getting the ball in there....

WP not quite with you on hats and gloves, but Mrs RFJ was out with the gloves and I had 2 layers this morning as have day off and did a nice 4.25m.....

off to look round the local MS therapy centre later so looking forwards to that

Take care

• Morning

RFJ: Nice to see you earlier in day:-) well done on pacing duties.Hope the MS therapy centre visit goes well.

What: 8 miles at a tortoise pace
    Why: Why not and because I can
    Last hard: This morning's pace
    Lyrics yes

Torrential rain this morning talk about a drown rat! bouncing of the ground but all good stuff makes us stronger :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    lyrics yes
    emzap, ooh thinking of you!
    poppy indeed you can!!
    rfj what pacing it must be nice when you get it so good! Good luck later
    lmh they are so annoying!! Hope you keep well!
    dustin, nice one, have a good run later and hope QoP is ok
    hazel have a good rest day, also chained to desk today, so busy!!
    alehouse enjoy the fitness suite and  I hope your hammie is ok

what: 1.5 recovery this morning and possible second plod later with son
    why: enough for today, rain may change sons mind..
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Evening!

Wonder what sort of day Emz has had!

Any car/insurance news, LMH

Bet the legs were tired this morning, Wabo!

Hope the therapy centre was helpful, RFJ. Thinking about stretches and strengthening, the reason I mentioned Pilates or yoga was so that there was a focus on balance as well.

Worked hard in the fitness suite. Only usually do my stretching regime but added in the rowing machine and cross trainer.