Wednesday 11th September 2019 - Well Johnny's got a car he drives it much too fast

Morning.

Lyrics - Well Johnny's got a car he drives it much too fast

I hope he doesn't keep you waiting too much longer emzap and that you managed to get some sleep last night.

Alehouse likes his anti-grav treadie RFJ, amazing thing to have access to even if there is a cost attached. Hopefully it will be a very long time before you feel in need of the facilities.

OH does seem to be an infrequent visitor at the moment, hope it's just the decorating keeping him busy.

What:             short and easy
Why:              tapering
Last hard:      finding a positive outlook
Last rest:       27/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Drive - The Cars.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Did manage to get some sleep despite  finding out I have low sodium blood levels just before bed. We asked to hold off decision making until this morning to allow us some sleep first. Still no signs of baby though I'm getting the full works.

Did 8 km yesterday! Walking is helping my sanity. No doubt more in store for today!

Any more news lmh? Hopefully you hear something today, it's day 2 isn't it? 

Have a lovely day all.
  • Morning all
    LmH - look on the bright side - you now have a story when you get those " have you been in an accident that wasn't your fault?" calls for years to come...
    Emz - ...and squeeze....
    RFJ - good repping
    I too was wondering where OH had wandered off to..

What - steady lunchtime
    Why - recovery run - Did the grassy (hilly) reps yesterday 12x400s, each lap had three short "up and downs" with 200 easy
    Last rest - 3 1/2 weeks
    last hard - yesterday

Charity day again at work for 9/11, Can't believe it's been 18 years...
  • Morning.

Uff emzamp - didn't realize it can take so long for an induced birth to actually happen.  At least you can be carefully monitored in hospital.  Keep walking whilst you can!  Will get you away from annoying people on your ward.

Agree on the amount of time that has passed since 9/11 Dustin.  Nice reps and enjoy your recovery.

Hmm - short and easy is better than nothing at all LMH.  One way of looking at it positively I suppose.  How are the post crash aches today?

No warm clothes padding needed for running yet here Chicksta.

Shame your son couldn't do your run with you Wabo but seems you enjoyed seeing him nonetheless

Hope the weather is good for cricket today Ale.

Good to know that the centre will have useful facilities when you might need them RFJ.

What: miles with some longer strides
    Why: need to get this done today due to race on Friday
    Last rest: 09.09.

Lyrics: no 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    rfj ms centre sounds good and as you say its nice to know its there
    emzap I hope bubs says hello today x Wow you are doing some walking!!!
    18 years dustin flip!!!! That is mad, enjoy your steady
    LMH I don't know the lyrics, enjoy the short and easy 

what: 20 mins later
    why: lots to do
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Time flies, Dustin...

Hope OH is OK.

Don't think many women where birth is imminent would walk 8k, em! That's amazing. Fingers crossed you're OK, despite sodium levels being low.

RFJ: Looks like the MS centre is very well equipped. Good to know that the option is there.

Hope you smash your half on Sunday to brighten up your spirit, LMH

What: 12 miles
    Why: final MLR
    Last hard: finding my legs - I think I have snatched poppy's treacle legs. Overall pace wasn't so bad (8:40ish) - I just didn't feel the love today and my arhtritis hurt too :(
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: familiar but no

• I can understand that emzap. Hope things improve for you today - we're all rooting for you! Technically day two but they only sent me a text at 1200hrs yesterday to say that they had it on site and would assess it so I'm not hopeful.

I don't like tapering at the best of times Hazel and could definitely do with more miles at the minute but I baked a fruit cake for OH yesterday and am planning to get my xmas cake baked today so trying to make good use of the extra time. Hope your strides go well. No crash related aches and pains to complain of.

I can remember watching it unfold as if it were yesterday Dustin, can't believe it's been that long.

How long until Snowdonia Wabo?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    6.5 weeks LMH oo er!! Nice baking!!
  • waving to Hazel, wabo and LMH - xposted with all of you :)

Hope the car assessment doesn't take too long, soooo annoying :(

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

You wouldn't want to be walking here, Emz! Pouring...again. Not cricket weather, Hazel! Due to clear up pm but whether they can get the outfield fit for play is another matter. 

What: anti-grav treadmill

Why: RFJ reminded me! Didn't go as well as I had hoped. Even at 85% bodyweight I could feel the hamstring after 10 minutes. Back to the stretching, strengthening and cross training. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That's the bad one out of the way for you then chicksta.

What are you planning long run wise Wabo?

We weren't forecast any rain but it didn't stop it pouring down just as I was about to go for my run Alehouse - so I got my xmas cake in the oven instead and fortunately it had dried up by the time that was baking. Sorry to hear that your hamstring is still so bad.

Car is being assessed as I type. I have no particular attachment to it but it would be less faff if it's repairable so fingers crossed.
  • Sun has now come out, LMH...but it is freezing! Windy!
    If the car is to be repaired would you get a courtesy car in the interim?
    I can smell the cake!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Glad there's at least progress lmh.

3km walked so far whilst we tried to get my head around having the IV cannula inserted for an NaCl drip.  I've been so patient with the needles but there's a limit and I reached it, so need a bit of time to get my head around it. I really wish I didn't have this phobia!

Ale hope it dries out for the cricket!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH I will be doing 2 x 20, this weekend I am doing 17+
    alehouse boo to the hamstring
    lmh fingers crossed re car

Hi chick!!
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Deep breaths emzap. You can do this!

Yes Alehouse, if it's repairable I should get a courtesy car. Windy here too and decidedly grey. Smells good I must say - should be done soon.

Don't let life get in the way of these last long runs Wabo - you need to put yourself first and make them happen.

1403hrs - garage has just called to say that the estimate is 63% of the value of the car so they can't make the decision to repair it (has to be 59% or less) but also can't say that it's definitely going to be written off as it's so close to the threshold so they have to get a second opinion from a third party which may come back this afternoon or could be tomorrow. Things just don't seem to be getting any better :-(
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I should be ok LMH, but its giselles 5th birthday Saturday so I will be driving to st albans in the afternoon, get the long run done early morning Saturday! And Sunday I am taking my daughter to Festival in a day Hyde Park. Can't do long run that day it will spoil it.  Oh what a pain about your car!! 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh that's horrible. Limbo is not fun.

I was ready to say yes 3 hours ago and have been waiting for a consultant since last night. We've said if we don't see one by 4 we are leaving for a walk as I can't sit here all day. I'm going insane!  Have to be back for 5 so want to take the opportunity for fresh air whilst I can!  Good news is nightmare neighbour has been moved to another room :)

Wabo that's a lot to fit around the long runs! Good on you for getting them in.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    You always have so much on Wabo. Can't believe that Giselle is going to be five!

That's pants emzap. Hope you managed to get some fresh air and stress relief. I'm glad your inconsiderate neighbour has gone, hope the replacement is better. It's frustrating because I can't move forward. There is a banger in the village that I have it in mind to buy as a short term solution but obviously I don't want to get someone to look at it with me etc if I'm not going to go ahead with it because mine is being repaired and I can have a courtesy car.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Phew ran nearly 7 miles tonight.
    Going for two easier days now before the 17 Saturday
  • Well done Wabo! Training well lately!

Spent a few hours at cricket this afternoon: by 2 o'clock the rain had disappeared and it was a pleasant sunny, but windy, watch. Possibly more tomorrow but the forecast is, you will be surprised to learn, for rain.

No news from Emz...
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    good running Wabo

Glad I could remind you Ale :-)

Thanks for the comments all

Another 4.78 in the bag tonight, nice and easy.... off deep down west with work to Penzance tomorrow and back on Friday... joys

Take care all
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Next saga. I don't need the drip. So all  worry and anxiety for nothing!  Stress is bad for getting babies out so you think they make sure they got the right info before giving you stressful news!  I may need one at a later point, but not for this!

Lmh can you get mark to look with you and say you'll decide later? Or wait to see what the outcome is for your car?

Sorry ale I did press post for this earlier but it obviously didn't post! Glad you got some sunshine

• Hope this helps make your car safer. more reasonable to you