Thursday 12 September 2019 - I was down at the New Amsterdam Staring at this yellow-haired girl

Morning

Lyrics: I was down at the New Amsterdam
Staring at this yellow-haired girl

I am awake due to 3 people in my ward (out of 4) being monitored for contractions, so thought I'd start the thread. Let's hope I get some of this contraction action :lol:

Walked 8km yesterday.

Think baby is waiting for the fifth test to start so today's the day (wishful thinking, but a woman can dream!)

Hope you all sleep well

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Let's Go Faster - Stray Cats.

Sorry you didn't get the quiet night you needed to catch up on some sleep emzap. Hope that drip isn't needed and that baby is on the move soon! Nice walking. Unfortunately Mark probably knows less about the mechanical side of cars than I do so there's no point in taking him to look with me, I need to get the village mechanic to give it the once over - hence not being able to do it until I know if I am in a position to buy it.

Glad you were able to enjoy some cricket Alehouse.

Doing well Wabo.

Physio this afternoon so Mark is taking the bus to work and letting me use his car which is a bit inconvenient for him but it's too far for me to walk when I'm tapering (around 5 miles each way) and not on a bus route (and I do not like busses - childhood trauma) and P is on lates so can't give me a lift. Mark's working from home tomorrow but typically couldn't today as there is a meeting he has to attend this afternoon. Hoping to hear from the garage this morning and sort things from there.

What:           short and easy/physio
    Why:            sanity
    Last hard:    sorting the car saga
    Last rest:     27/7

Lyrics - familiar but I can't name them.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning all, 
    Good work Wabo, Giselle 5! noooo.
    LmH - hope the car get's sorted - very frustrating
    Emz- stay sane!

What - U11 coaching, and if timings work, I should get time for 5k with 8x100s beforehand
    Why - routine and taking advantage..
    last rest - last Friday 
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - want to say yes

• Morning!

No surprise that Emz set the lyrics...and no surprise that I don't know them!

Hope the 5th Test does the trick, Emz!

Trust you hear about your car this morning, LMH.

What: fitness suite this evening

Why: planning to go to cricket again during the day; plan may change as, unsurprisingly, it is raining. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning!

You will be tired out before anything happens at this rate emzap.

Car sorting vibes to LMH.  I assume you don't cycle and could do that as a solution for a couple of days depending on route/distance?  Can't remember reading anything about you doing so.  Cars for me have 4 wheels beneath, a steering wheel, brakes, seats and (hopefully) a gear stick.  Everything else is on-top accessories.  Hmm - cakes!  Did they turn out well?

Hope you can fit in your own training prior to the coaching Dustin.

Stop rain vibes to Ale for the cricket.

Good thing to have got those MLRs done Chicksta.  Must feel like the taper now.

Busy weekend ahead Wabo.

Shame you are going to Penzance for work and not for leisure RFJ.

Have a good day all.

What: short recovery
    Why: race tomorrow
    Last hard: yesterday's run over midday with minor speedwork but the only way to fit it in this week
    Last rest: 09.09.

Lyrics: no
  • Come on emzap - we need an update.

No car news as yet Alehouse but on the plus side no rain either. Hope you get to enjoy some cricket.

I used to cycle Hazel and still have three bikes in the garage (though one of them is only fit for the turbo) but I had a bad bike accident five years ago which has left me with shoulder/back pain which riding exacerbates whether I ride the hybrid or road bike. Every time I've tried to get back on the bike it has taken two or three days of painkillers to settle it down so now is definitely not the time to try again I'm afraid.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    quick pop in for emzap, pop back in a bit....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I'm still here!  Some small contractions last night but they stopped and I'm now on the list to break waters but it's a 2 days list. Hope things start on their own before then.

Walked 3km this morning. I'm becoming famous in the ward for it :joy:

Lmh any car news?

And anyone heard from OH?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH what a pain re the car and shame about cycling but makes sense that now is not the time
    Hazel enjoy the short and have a good race tomorrow
    lyrics no
    alehouse hope the fitness suite is good
    dustin have a good coaching session, yes I know 5 years!!
    Emzap I so hope something is happening...
    WHat: 20 min jog and one hour yoga later
    why: thursday
    last hard: last night
    last r est: 31/12/16

OH dad back from hospital to care home, phew
  • That's good news Wabo. FiL is still in hospital. I periodically try riding the bike again but so far it's always had the same result. I'm quite comfortable riding but afterwards is a different story.

Have you decided on a name yet emzap? I'm hoping that things start to move on for you and that they go quickly once they do! I called the garage but they are still waiting to hear back from the engineer and don't know when that will be - may not even be today <<sigh>>
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Afternoon!

If it were I, I would be phoning the insurance company and ask to speak with someone high up, LMH! Insurance is there for this sort of eventuality and I don't feel that they are honouring their part of the contract. 

Went to cricket this morning for a couple of hours: not terribly pleasant sitting there in the strong breeze that seemed to be find every corner of the ground. Grey and cool again in the breeze: a fair percentage of spectators in gloves. I forgot mine. Have come back to watch the test: hope you are able to concentrate on it, Emz! Also have the Lancashire game on on the laptop! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It's not the insurance company that are holding things up Alehouse - but I'm happy to give you the details if you'd like to go into bat for me. I don't have the fight at the moment. Wind has picked up here too and it keeps going ominously dark.
  • It was very bright at Old Trafford, LMH: the floodlights were on! I'd still give the insurance company a polite call! 
  • Checking in late hoping to find baby and car news but it looks like I haven't missed anything …

Hazel: I did that minor speedwork run at lunchtime today and I was struggling too. It was rather warm, quite windy and I had to dodge a million tourists on my way to the 100m track. At least the little park with the track was empty.

Hope the cricket is fun, ale.

You're sooo busy with your extended family, wabo! Fingers crossed you can get the long run done this WE.

Really busy at work again … sigh. I was here for nearly 12 hours yesterday and today doesn't look much better but at least I had a lunch break and some fresh air today.

What: 5 miles with strides
    Why: taper plan
    Last hard: everything feels too hard at the mo … please, can I have my legs back?
    Last rest: 9/9
    Lyrics: no

• They'll come chicksta - trust the process.

I just don't see what I could achieve other than causing myself more stress Alehouse? It's not the insurance company holding things up.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Would the insurance give you a courtesy car lmh? Maybe if you kick up enough fuss?
  • No emzap - the courtesy car comes from the garage. Insurance company tried to sort a hire car but the car hire company refused.
  • That's just so weird, LMH. If the insurance company told the hire car company they were going to cover the cost why would they refuse? Bonkers …  I really feel for you. That's aggro you just don't need.

Any more contractions, em?
  • Your guess is as good as mine chicksta.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chicksta trust me the long run will happen
    Lmh feel for you re the car
    No news from emzap
    No yoga for me, I'm looking after the girls while my daughter does it. Did a 20 mins run and really had fun! There's a loop all round where my daughter lives and it's .4 of a mile so I made it faster each time I went round. 
    Made a nice change to trick the legs! 

• Love the 3k a day on the ward emzap. I was similar doing laps of the ward while an inpatient 2 years ago.

Early morning sea swim then more interior painting and clearing up front garden (after builders)
    schnell reps at track last night
    A lot of jobs long overdue on house front.
    ladt hard: disimpacting drains

lyrics no

Hope to do 50th parkrun on Saturday  - May need to make some cake tomorrow
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    No news don't get excited :joy:

Everyone else is going so much faster, I'm getting jealous now!
  • parkrun Saturday, Emz?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    You joke, the hospital is next to a parkrun so we have said if nothing's happening we may go volunteer...
  • Who said it was a joke, Emz, (unlike England's batting!)? Lancs definitely promoted so may well be in the Edgbaston area next season! 

Managed to do a decent session in the fitness suite, pushing it a little on both the cross trainer and the rower. Wouldn't say it was schnell, though, OH!