Friday 13th September 2019 - I was a lonely soul

Morning.

Lyrics - I was a lonely soul
             I had nobody till I met you

Tongue in cheeks lyrics for emzap. Hope you don't get to parkrun for the right reason!

You sound busy OH.

Hope you have a good race Hazel.

Good to hear you enjoying a run so much Wabo.

I had a really rough night, Grace has an upset stomach again :-( Legs feel really battered after physio yesterday, I expect this morning's run will be rough.

What:             short, hopefully easy
Why:              taper
Last hard:      not crying at the physio/one stress after another/waiting to hear about my car
Last rest:       27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Echo what lmh says about park run emzap
    Lyrics I feel I should
    Lmh tough times hope things ease up soon. Poor grace
    Alehouse glad you had a good session

What probably short run after work
    Why don't feel like it this morning
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good Friday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning all
    LmH - hope both you and Grace are rosier after a short outing today
    Ale - congrats on the promotion

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - miles
    last rest - a week ago
    last hard - yesterday I guess. Managed to squeeze in 8x100s in a 4.2km track run, amazing what you can do in a little time.
  • You will know the lyrics Wabo - it's not the first line as that's also the title.

Nice use of time Dustin.

Just had a text from the garage to say that they are still awaiting the engineers decision.

Now Mark is ill too - he is supposed to be doing his first HIM in five years tomorrow.............
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

What: fitness suite a.m./physio this evening

Why: cross training/check I am doing exercises properly an measure improvement, if any. 

Bet you are getting tired of waiting, Emz! We are! 

And I bet you are fed up of waiting car-wise, LMH: trust you get something sorted today. 

Race well, Hazel
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh no LMH poor Mark!!! As for the garage grrrr

Hurt my back somehow yesterday, I think putting Cleo's belt round her seat  in the car! Random

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    had to google course I do!!! LMH one of my favourites I love them
  • Morning,

Em:Is quiet this morning maybe she is ready for Baby to make appearance :)

LMH: oh no to Mark being ill:-(

What:8 miles
    Why: it is what I do
    Last hard: Torch saga
    Lyrics Yes

I have to change route and wait till it is light.Torch replacement due yesterday but they sent kiddies waterproof shoes 2 pairs.Wrong label on wrong parcel! so express shipping new torch today!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Midday here already and I don't feel I have achieved anything yet today workwise (bloody telcos..)

Really hope that emzap being quiet means progress.

LoL to being sent the shoes WP, guess they don't fit you?  But nonetheless annoying for you as well.   

LMH: go and climb in a bush, shake it and scream a bit - might make you feel better.  Hope that Grace and Mark pick up soon healthwise.

Have a good 50th parkrun tomorrow OH if you go. 

Ouch to the workload Chicksta. 

Seems you are much better at time management than me Dustin. 

Hope you are feeling more like doing a run later Wabo.

What: 10 and a bit k hill race this evening.  We have a whole carload going which will be nice.  Probably will win the (inofficial) award for the noisiest team present.
    Why: last one in the series I can attend probably
    Last rest: 09.09.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I've been walking. 8km done already! Neighbour went into labour last night. Had the baby in 3 hours! Incredible.  I'm trying I promise!

Yesterday's lyrics were counting crows and Mr Jones.

More bloods tests done. Awaiting results.
  • Sounds like a fun evening, Hazel. Enjoy.

Yep, Em is quet. So hopefully that means the baby is imminent. LoL re. parkrun tomorrow :)

Poppy: that's hilarious! But doesn't help with running in the dark.

OH: Good to see you and hope you get to do your parkrun anniversary tomorrow.

Hope your back settles, wabo.

And how annoying for Mark, LMH. Why does this always happen shortly before a race? I'm getting slightly paranoid myself as people around me are sneezing and coughing. Can't believe the car saga is still going on …  and I hope Grace's stomach has settled. Poor thing :(

Very efficient 4.2k there, Dustin.

I do hope there is some progress, ale. You've been so patient.

What: Nothing yet
    Why:  work stress is keeping me awake and I need my zzzs in the morning or I won't be functioning at all so I missed my pre-work run slot. Hopefully 6ish miles tonight
    Last hard: this week seems harder than it should
    Last rest: 9/9
    Lyrics: yes
  • Hope the torch saga is resolved today Poppy.

Sorry to hear that work stopped play chicksta. Hope you get your run in this evening.

Sounds like a nice outing Hazel.

So now you know what you need to beat emzap...........LOL. Still no meaningful contractions?

So, I was in the shower after my run this morning when the garage called to say that repairs had been authorised and I could collect a courtesy car  - excellent - however before I was dry and dressed the postman knocked at the door, Grace barked at him and collapsed. Emergency trip to the vets and she basically said that Grace will either make it through the weekend or not. Offered to admit her but said that as it sounded as though we knew what we were doing she was happy for us to bring her home if we'd rather.  We brought Grace home, administered her prescribed medication and got MiL to sit with her whilst we collected the courtesy car.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH what a day glad you got a car but poor Grace
    chick agree about this week, enjoy the evening run
    emzap goodness me so many miles!!!
    wp doubt the shoes will fit!! Nor light the way

• :'( oh LMH, that is shocking. I do hope Grace recovers. Just made me cry a little as I rememberd many a trip to the vet to put a loved animal to sleep. Breaks your heart. Sending you lots and lots of hugs ((()))

We xposted, emzap. Wow, 3 hours is amazing. Hope days and days of waiting result in a rather swift delivery.
  • Thanks guys - sorry to have upset you chicksta. It's one thing I hate about having dogs, knowing that you're going to lose them one day. Grace is fourteen so she's done well to get this far as good as she is, she even walked 2.5 miles this morning albeit slowly. I don't know if it's the meds but Grace is much brighter and has eaten some chicken and rice but the reality is that if it isn't this weekend it's not likely to be long. This is the first day I can ever remember her not wanting an afternoon walk, no matter how ill she's been in the past she's always pestered to go out.