Saturday 14th September 2019 - I'm losing control of my emotions

Morning.

Lyrics - I'm losing control of my emotions

The lyrics are for Grace (positively) and emzap (who I'm assuming the still apply to).

Hope your race went well Hazel.

Enjoy the cake at your 50th OH.

Grace is still with us this morning and current plan is for me to still race on Sunday though obviously that could change last minute.

What:            short and easy
Why:             stress relief
Last hard:     having an elderly sick dog
Last rest:       27/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Tired Of Waiting For You by The Kinks.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Glad to hear that, LMH 🙏

What: another 6 or 7 easy
    Wht: tapering
    Last hard: work and sleep
    Last rest: 9/9
    Lyrics: brain fog this morning so no
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Morning!

Come on Mr emzap junior..!

Fingers and toes that Grace continues to recover LMH.  I have my first pets now and coping with the when to let them go decision was something which I thought about before getting them as it isn't easy. Hopefully many years before it is necessary.  Is Mark feeling better in the meantime?  Good luck for tomorrow! At least you now have a car!

I love the idea of brain fog Chicksta, hope the easy run went well.

My race went well, 2nd in my age category out of just 9 but I had to run a 1 minute course PB for it. Was only 9.7 seconds off of 1st. (Sounds better than 10.. :D).  If I had realized who the blond curls ahead were I would have tried to catch her but I was working hard as it was. The fastest in my category was missing but you can only race who is there. As usual I set off too fast, partly due to the 600m flat straight bit at the start and paid for it a bit up the 6k hill. That is followed by a nice downhill for 2k and a few minor undulations. Then a nasty final climb into the finish.  Spent too long there waiting for the others and then for the bus down (too dark to run) and got pretty cold.  Plenty of hot water in the showers fortunately.  Nice team outing with a full carload for an entertaining journey.

Have a good Saturday all! Good luck to any parkrunners. Any other racers?

Edit for the standard bits.. (brain fog is contagious)

What: longer recovery this evening
    Why: loosen up the legs
    Last hard: getting to the top of that hill
    Last rest: 9/9

Lyrics: no
  • Well done Hazel. Great result. Knowing you're going to lose them at some point is the hardest part of pet ownership, I think we'll be needing to make the decision for Grace very soon though she seems to be enjoying scrambled eggs and chicken and rice this morning and even asked for a walk though it was very short and slow. I'm in two minds about tomorrow, I feel awful this morning - haven't slept well for a couple of nights and have a filthy headache that the drugs haven't touched, stress I'm sure. Not even feeling the love for a short run this morning but I think I'll probably feel better if I get myself out.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hazel fantastic running!! 
    Lmh it must be a hard decision I've never had pets but seen more than enough friends go through this
    I've decided I'm not up to a long run today, I'm ok with it. I would feeling pretty much how you said lmh
    What 5 ish with my mate
    Why see above
    Last hard deciding that at 6.30
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Hope to see baby news here today 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Well done,  Hazel. Sounds like you had a strong run. Was that the last race in the series?

Probably best to listen to the body, Wabo.

The pain of losing a pet is why I decided against having another one. I had 3 dogs in succession (German shepherd, husky and white shepherd). Still,  I'm always torn when I see a puppy or read about a dog looking for a new home... part of me still wants one badly!

Hope you are ok for your race tomorrow, LMH. I had zero energy and no head for running when all that health trouble happened last year with dad and hubby. So not surprised you feel drained today.

Ran 9 miles on a beautiful morning,  first time in capris and a long sleeved top.

C'mon emzap junior!!
  • I really don't know what to do for the best chicksta. Chances are if I go I'm going to have a bad race but what do I gain by not going? It's also a distraction (assuming Grace remains as she is). This year has been so bad I keep thinking it can't get any worse - and then it does!
  • Morning!

Nothing to lose tomorrow, LMH! And you sounded very philosophical about Grace yesterday. Not nice though. Glad the courtesy car is sorted. 

What: helping at parkrun followed by fitness suite

Why: get it done before the test re-commenced at 11. 

Well done yesterday, Hazel! Sounds like you are pleased with the run. 

Hope parkrun was good for OH

Wonder if Emz got to parkrun...

Beautiful day here although a little chilly to start.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I just think that if I have a bad run tomorrow it will further lower my mood and make me question whether it's worth putting in more effort for another disappointing result at York Alehouse. It was very chilly here first thing but nice now. Grace is going to die - I've known that since the day I got her, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to devastate me when she does.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    A wild day for 50th parkrun and only 14 runners/walkers to brave the elements.
    Why: I'd made cake!
    It was quite hard this morning
    Lyrics no

Kirkwall parkrun route:
  • Sorry to hear that Grace is poorly, LMH
  • Sorry there were so few people to appreciate your cake OH - it must have been rough.

I think we've always done our best by Grace, when we first took up long distance tri Grace was three and the proviso for doing the training was always that she shouldn't suffer because of it, her walks etc always came first. Of course in those days I would take her on recovery runs - she was good for up to ten miles - many a double training day was finished with a 3-4 mile run with Grace in lieu of her afternoon walk. I realised this afternoon that it's just about fourteen years to the day since I went and collected her from a hunt kennels in Devon (a bit of a trip from Derby!) as she was going to be put down as they couldn't find a home for her - at twelve weeks old. We are very fortunate to have this weekend with her really, a bit of time to spoil her stupid and come to terms with things (though I don't think it's going to make it much easier).
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    well done Hazelnut

OH good to get the 50, well done

I am going to have a rest, I had a near fall on Thursday but saved myself but obviously tweaked something that showed up at Fulham Palace Parkrun (before the football)..... wasnt right and the third mile got shooting pains from glute in to hammy and really struggled.... ouchy... splits speak of the pain, 8:03, 8:38 and 10:07.... should probably stopped and walked.... so a few days rest now I think

should have won at footy too but a 1-1 draw will have to do....

Take care
  • Hmmm cake! Hope the parkrunners appreciated it OH. 

Seems things are definitely happening for emzap as she hasn't dropped in.

Sounds as if Grace has had a great life with you and your family LMH.  Hugs and supportive thoughts on their way.

Sorry about the fall and tweak RFJ. Rest seems a good idea. 

Chicksta one more race in the series left in 2 weeks but it is OH's birthday the day before and MILs on the Sunday so unlikely. Should I parcel up some warmth for you? Bloody 27 forecasted again tomorrow. 

Sometimes you have to postpone Wabo.
  • 14 parkrunners plus volunteers made significant inroads into both large cakes (decorated sponge as above plus gingerbread)

Forecasted 51 tomorrow (mph)