Sunday 15 sept 2019 - Dancing all night and havin' a blast

Dancing all night and havin' a blast

Quick pop in to say we have a forum baby. He fine, I'm let's say recovering 

More details later

Comments

• Brilliant, Emz! Congratulations to all concerned! Very pleased for you! Take it you missed parkrun! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale yes. Currently bed bound with quite a few tubes in me. I'll be in at least another few days as they need to check a few things.
  • Keep us posted, Emz! Date/time/weight/name!
    Hope you are quickly given the all clear and can go home and enjoy baby!
    Exciting times!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Congratulations emzap. Hope you recover and are both on your way home soon.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Congrats emzap 👏

Race well,  if you decide to go, LMH

Keep the 27, Hazel! I'm quite happy with 9 in the morning and 20 in the afternoon,  so I'm  not melting on my run and can sit in the garden in the afternoon 😎

Congrats on the 50, OH and what a great cake.

Ouch,  RFJ. Take it easy.

Legs are shot from a long day in town. I'm also a bit dehydrated so my planned 16 won't happen.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lucas Edward born 14 September at 17:15. 6 lb 15(3.15kg). I'm ok. 5 days induction 22 hour contractions and an emergency section means I'm a bit tired and can't hold him yet due to tubes but I'm getting there! He's healthy as anything which is the most important thing 
  • Welcome to the world Lucas!

Sounds sensible chicksta - more to lose than gain at this stage.

Is there no chance of making the last race hazel? Seems a shame if not.

Hope you aren't out for too long RFJ.

Yesterday's lyrics - Holding On - Beverley Craven.

What:            Vale of York Half Marathon
    Why:              I'm not sure
    Last hard:      realising we need to say goodbye to Grace soon
    Last rest:       27/7

Lyrics - no.
  • Yipee! Huge congratulations emzap. Nice name combination. Great he is well.  Wishing you a swift recovery and I hope you can hold him very soon.

Good luck today LMH. Hope you can have a good race despite everything. I've missed two in the series anyway but have 7 finishes to count as an overall series finisher (6 required.)

As for Wabo, one missed long run won't do any harm Chicksta.

What: might miss my own long run for this week. 18k planned
    Why: moped tour planned with OH with eating out
    Last hard: not panicking when the driving instuctor clambered on as a pillion passenger yesterday - the responsibility!
    Last rest 09.09

Lyrics: no

Have a nice Sunday!
  • Morning again!

Welcome to the thread, Lucas! Hope mummy recovers quickly.

Go well, LMH!

What: fitness suite

Why: bench

Lyrics: no

Don't fancy your forecast breeze, OH! Weather here is foul: heavy rain again! Never seem to get two decent days in a row!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I've never checked in to there's thread as much as those last 5 days!!! Welcome Lucas and well done emzap!!! Speedy recovery to you amazing lady!!!! 
    Off to run then festival in a day with my daughter and my mate!!! 
    Ale, enjoy the fitness suite I do hope your off that bench soon
    Hazel agree about one long run

What few miles
    Why I want to
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Whoopee Lucas is here!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Congratulations emzap hope you’re congratulations emzap - hope you’re back on your feet soon.

5 Barriers Amnesty run today (6.5 miles) - currently blowing 50 mph wind. Could be funacross the Churchill Barriers!
  • So exciting, emzap. Glad to hear you're ok and more importantly little Lucas is healthy. After the drama of the last couple of weeks it was probably a bit of an ask to hope for a swift and uneventful delivery ;)

Looking forward to the pics and hope you can hold him soon. How's your other half doing?

Race well , LMH and OH.

What festival is that, wabo?

Enjoy your moped tour Hazel. Sometimes it's nice to skip a run and go for normal Sunday activities instead.

My legs felt better than I thought they would but I still pulled the plug at 10.
  • Oh Em congratulations to you both and welcome to the world Lucas.I hope you can hold him soon and recover so you can go home together :) How is Mr Em doing;-)

LMH: I hope you have a good race thinking of you :)

What: 6 miles@6am/4 miles@ 10am
    why: Because I can
    last hard: getting up from bed
    Lyrics Yes

4 miles  at Aberafan flat course and a 15 sec per mile PB I normally only run 4 miles before so 6 miles must be my lucky number :)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Amnesty run cancelled - waves overtopping barriers.
    All boats also cancelled; so Orkney runners didn't get to Caithness half.

• Sorry to hear that you didn't get to race OH.

Nice double Poppy.

You have to make the time for what's important to you Wabo.

Hope you enjoyed the day out Hazel.

Good that your legs were better than expected chicksta.

My race was far worse than expected. I'm not going to continue flogging myself for another poor result at York. Time to write off this year, regroup and hope that the stress abates at some point.
  • Afternoon!

Saw your result earlier, LMH: far from what you wanted. All I would say is don't make a hasty decision; look at things in the cold light of day in a week or so.

Very frustrating, OH! 

Hope our new mum is comfortable! 
  • (((LMH)))

Hope you're not too disappointed. Don't underestimate how much energy your recent stresses and strains will have absorbed and how they add to your rate of perceived exertion. See how you feel when York gets closer. Sometimes it's fun to just run a race with no expectation.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    many congratulations Emz and welcome to the world Lucas

LMH sorry to hear didn't go as planned

Enforced rest day and expect a few more to follow....

Take care all
  • It's not hasty Alehouse. My running has been rubbish all year - and the stress has been ongoing for two now but getting worse (though I'm not sure how it gets worse after this, something else with FiL I guess).

chicksta - I'm not investing the mental or physical time and energy into finishing the training and I'm not going to turn up just to get round. Today and York were an effort to salvage something from this year running wise and that just isn't going to happen.

Even last year's time would have got me second place again but today i could only manage second in my age cat. I knew it was going to be a bad run but I didn't imagine it would be so bad.
  • Ran up the hill instead ...

• Evening all
    Emz & Lucas ! Yay, huge congrats and another virgo, he'll be good looking and smart, just like all other virgos! Oh, and modest with it!
    LmH - sorry to hear it's all been "a bit sh!t" and <<hugs>> with the Grace situation. Not a lot I can say: we've all been there with our pets but you know we're thinking of you.
    OH - well done on the 50
    RFJ - you take it easy
    Hazel -  good racing

What - yesterday 11 trail miles, today 5 and a bit steady.
    Why - In Kent all weekend - Dad's 80th today. Most of the immediate family there so a good gathering and a scorcher to sit outside.
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - M25 / M3 /M20 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh lmh in so sorry about grace your year had been pretty dreadful already and this is just adding to your stress.

Mental health is so important to remember as well and although running can help, we are all here to support you through the tough times (and celebrate the good). This is not just a running daily thread (well maybe it started off line that, but we've made it into so much more)

I am now in a lot of pain. I guess 24 hours after surgery you feel worse? I feel like I've been hit by a bus.
    Managed to get from the bed to a chair today and stand up :) progress