Thursday 19th September 2019 - The sun is out, the sky is blue

Morning.

Lyrics - The sun is out, the sky is blue

Great news emzap. I hope that Lucas settled and you had a peaceful night.

We are forecast a nice day again today and it's not supposed to take as long to warm up as it did yesterday which will be nice, a day for doing though I'm not sure what. I spent yesterday afternoon's Grace walk time walking and picking blackberries. It's bad when you're starting to look forward to going back to work................

What:           finding a new norm
Why:            things change, life moves on
Last hard:    adjusting
Last rest:     27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Looks out of window:  sun is out - tick.  sky is blue - tick.  Does your song mention wind anywhere LMH?  Enjoy the blackberries (pie?).  Hope the visit by your friends at the weekend will distract you a bit.  I wouldn't take on any extra hours if it means there will be expectations that it will be a longer term thing.  Only if you can go back on it flexibly. 

Glad you made it home at last emzap.

I tried pressing a small reset button yesterday:  adjusted my watch to not display any pace information, laced up the trail shoes and ran as I felt in the woods on a nice undulating route. 

Happy belated birthday to Mrs D.

Well done on getting those intervals done Chicksta.

Good the procedure went ok RFJ and fingers crossed for the results soon.

What:  get the bus out and wind assisted run back
    Why: probabaly around 20mph, gusts stronger, can't be arsed to run against that
    Last hard: sorting out my head
    Last rest: 16.09.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!

A very grey start here, but due to improve later. 

Lyrics: yes

Hope your first night at home went well, Lucas!

Enjoy the wind on your back, Hazel!

What: fitness suite this evening

Why: not quite ready to run, but hopefully close. Last day of cricket at home for the season, so will pop along at some stage. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That sounds like a great idea for your run yesterday Hazel, I hope you have a good one today. That is an issue with taking on extra hours - if I do so it will be difficult to reduce them again until next summer. No wind forecast for us today or tomorrow but unfortunately it's supposed to pick up for the weekend and it's going to rain too  :(

I hope the weather does improve for you Alehouse, it's beautiful here - though an extra 10C would be very welcome.
  • Great news, emzap! Enjoy this precious time with your newborn.

Hazel: Great idea for a run. I'm a bit sick of running to pace myself and really looking forward to have Berlin out of the way so I can focus on ultra training. I don't enjoy flogging myself anymore. It used to give me satisfaction when I was younger (and recovered better!) but not so now.

LMH: Enjoy the sunshine. I'm glad it's cooler now :) 7 degrees this morning with no wind felt perfect

What: 5 mile recovery run
    Why: tapering
    Last hard: trying to feel excited about Berlin
    Last rest: Tuesday
    Lyrics: yes

• Morning again!

Forgot to say, yesterday's lyrics were September Morn, Neil Diamond. And an increasingly pleasant morning here with the sun just poking through. Cross training in the garden, including planting spring bulbs. Spring seems a long way off!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

LMH, chick no I haven't been ok tbh. So much going on for people I love and its wearing me down right now.  When things are like that it is hard to manage the schedule as well so I am just changing it here and there to suit me. I will get out for close to 20 on Saturday but doing these other midlong runs 3 times a week is too much 
    Emzap I am so happy for you!!! Lovely news
    alehouse hope the running can start soon for you, sounds like it
    LMH - finding a new norm - it is bound to be strange and difficult at times I guess
    lyrics oh yes and sums things up for me as well LMH
    hazel great idea about the watch

I did get my son to run a very short bit last night, made me pleased as he needs it, and this morning I did an hour and came to work late, which also made me feel a bit better

what: hour d&d am
    why: collecting my mum from airport her cornwall trip ends today
    last hard: this am though lovely
    last rest: 31/12/16

I will upload a pic of my mum, you all know what she has been through the last few years, this is the best part for me at t he moment is that she is so good
    Have a lovely day

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning all
    haha Wabo - nice pic!
    Hazel -delightful sounding run
    Chick - well done with the mile reps
    RFJ - glad it went well
    EMZ - Home! Yay!

What - easy run / U11 coaching
    Why - Thursday
    last rest - 13 days
    last hard - Tuesday

pleasant pub night last night, out again tomorrow for birthday celebrations #3
    that's what happens when they are two days apart...
  • Lovely photo Wabo. I'm sorry to hear that life has been getting to you too. You have to do whatever is going to make you feel better - whether that's running or deciding not to run. We're all different. I know that if I let my running slide I find it harder to deal with everything else.

may as well make the most of it Dustin.

I'm sure the excitement will come chicksta. I think I prefer ultras and would like to do more but finding flat ones that don't require navigation isn't easy. I definitely prefer ultra training through the summer too.

Good weather for gardening I imagine Alehouse but do be careful.

A MLR and seven miles of walking for me so far today - got to make the most of the extra time and good weather.

• At cricket, LMH: perfect weather for just about the first, and unfortunately lasy, time this season.
  • Long (14.5) Slow (very) Run.
    Wet windy and cool
    Needing to get some miles under belt
    That was hard!
    Tomorrow will be rest day (other than Yoga)
    Lyrics no
  • Do you have a race coming up OH?

Hopefully not Alehouse.
  • Meant last day of cricket, but hopefully not last day of summer, LMH!

Great photo of mum, Wabo. Is it for a caption competition? "Daft as a brush?" Meant to comment on Spurs: I guess you would have taken an away point before the game.

Decent but tough sounding long run OH!

Off to fitness suite.
  • I hope not too Alehouse. We are forecast a nice day tomorrow but then it's downhill for the weekend.
  • Lovely picture of your mum Wabo.  Good attitude to your running schedule, should apply such common sense to my own.

Ultra plans Chicksta? Youve got a few days yet to get excited about Berlin.

Fingers crossed you will be running soon Ale.

More birthday cake available Dustin?

Nice long run OH.

Have a 56k or 100k on offer here LMH. No navigation required, mostly road, does undulate a bit. Starts at 10pm though. Make the most of the weather tomorrow.

The best laid plans of mice and men... (or however that goes). Got to the bus stop in plenty of time and did approriate wavings at said vehicle but it simply monstered past! Swearing and stomping back home followed.  (next connection one hour later).  Once I had done enough of the swearing I decided to get out on a local loop despite the wind and actually had a decent run. Did get a bit more tired than I wanted to despite not fighting against the headwind too much. The tailwind section was nice!