Friday 20th September 2019 - Oh, angel sent from up above

Morning.

Lyrics - Oh, angel sent from up above

Glad you were able to make the most of circumstances and get a good run in Hazel. I hope you felt better for it. I rarely see 2200hrs even if I go out so can't imagine starting a race then!

Weather forecast is good and apart from some baking and cleaning in preparation for the arrival of my guest I don't have anything that has to be done today so I'm aiming for a LSR though not feeling confident. I expect it will be slow but if I don't care it doesn't matter does it? The garage had said my car should be ready on Wednesday but I haven't heard from them and haven't bothered chasing either, could need to collect that today but who knows? I don't really care as long as I have it back for work on Tuesday or I shall have fun trying to park.

What:           hopefully a L(not too)SR
Why:            keeping the dream alive? (Ha)
Last hard:    this week has been hard
Last rest:     27/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Raining In My Heart - Buddy Holly.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Cake LMH?  Hope you get in a good run.   If you run it slow then you can enjoy the weather for longer. 

Have a good day everyone.

What: more general miles with a set of strides
    Why: ticking off the boxes
    Last rest: 16.09.2019

Lyrics: vaguely familiar
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope Emz and family are ok!

Enjoy the LSR, LMH. Seems just the day for it, weather-wise. 

Decent run in the end yesterday, Hazel, although it wasn't what you planned, which sounds frustrating. 

What: stretches, possibly in fitness suite; cross-training in the garden

Why: still hamstrung, but getting there

Edit: at long last I have a sportsshoes.com promo code. Message me!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Forgot to post yesterday. Walked 600m pushing Lucas

Lmh yesterday's lyrics is one of my faves

Wabo really sorry to hear you're having such a rough time

Dustin lots of cake excuses then :)

Chick is it on Sunday?

Hazel great running

Going to try family outing to doctor today. 

Have a lovely day
  • Emz - never need a cake excuse!
    what - easy lunchtime, out tonight
    why - easing back ahead of South Of England Relays on Sunday
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - think so
  • I made an experimental peanut butter tiffin yesterday Hazel and am planning a chocolate and banana loaf today. Are you feeling a bit better about your running?

Hope the trip to the doctors goes well emzap. Are you settling in to family life?

Thanks Alehouse. Good day for gardening but it's far too dangerous an activity for me  :) Glad to hear that you feel closer to resuming running.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Think I missed a few days but glad Em is home :)

What: 4 miles
    Why; tapering
    Last hard: The Taper
    Lyrics:Yes

I just have to get through tomorrow and Monday I can resume training again but legs feel faster and fresher.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    emzap bet you loved the walk, hope doc goes well.  Thank you I am working on it all x
    wp, the faster fresher legs must feel nice!! Good
    luck
    ooh LMH cakes sound nice, hope you manage a nice run today and have a lovely weekend
    dustin, good luck at the weekend!
    alehouse have a good day, may that hamstring soon be unstrung 
    hazel enjoy the miles and strides, wow that sounds a tough idea for a race!! You are a tough cookie

What: run commute of 1.5 - trains at the start, son coming out to run again hopefully this evening
    why: left car at work got mummy last night
    last hard: that wasn't so yesterday morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

1,000 days of running will be next Friday!!!
    My mum was amazing last night better than she has been in a long time
    happy Friday all 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics are again familiar
  • More restful day today - 2 surgeries one on Rousay and one in Stromness. Hopefully yoga at 5:30pm
    Dounby 10k on Saturday
    Don't intend much running before then.
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • Wabo: Glad everything is OK with you. I was a tad worried. Your mum looks full of mischief. I love that pic!! And wow to 1000 days of running.

LMH: I wouldn't do ultras requiring navigation either. I'd never make it to the finish line. Pretty hopeless at stuff like that. I'm going to see how I get along at Two Oceans. It's "only" 56k, so what can possibly go wrong. Oh, yeah … the profile of course. Three times the Elevation of my trail run in August :s
    Cake sounds lovely.

Hazel:
    That's so annoying re. the bus yesterday. Maybe the driver thought you were running and not wanting to take the bus ;) Glad you managed a good run nonetheless.

Those relays sound fun, Dustin.

Em: Hopefully things have settled now that you're back home. Berlin is Sunday in a week. So a few more days to wonder if the latest ailment is taper madness or real :D

What: another lacklustre run
    Why: tapering
    Last hard: tapering
    Last rest: Tuesday
    Lyrics: I think so

• Evening!

Lots of cross training in the garden plus three trips to the trip.

Emz: will Lucas be volunteering at parkrun tomorrow? Hope all was ok at the GPs.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale that was the plan but now the midwife is coming so he'll have to wait until next week as we don't want to risk missing her!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    That's a shame, Emz!

Edit: off to The Griffin, OH
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Night night all, breakfast prepped, plan is 20 in the morning 🤪🤪
    What a test