Monday 23 September 2019 - I come home in the morning light My mother says, "When you gonna live you

I come home in the morning light
My mother says, "When you gonna live your life right?"

What: a couple up of outings planned
Why: rested all day yesterday and have a few things to do today. May take Lucas to track (visit not run!)
Last hard: I'm up at 2 am!

Yesterday was I walk the line by Jonny Cash

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

I'm enjoying having the thread started when I look each morning emzap - thanks. Hope you have fun on your outings.

Looking at the weather forecast if i'm going to run long this week it needs to be today but I can't say that I'm feeling very enthusiastic just at the moment. Hopefully I'll perk up after some fresh air.

What:            LSR
    Why:             in case I decide to run York
    Last hard:     being enthusiastic about anything
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Em: Enjoy your outings today:-)

LMH: Weather is pretty awful this week....

What: 8 miles easy
    Why: GSR
    Last hard: Yesterday/sleeping
    Lyrics: Yes

Boy my achilles hurt in bed and legs were very very achy so not much sleep.I ran more than I thought the legs would allow.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh I hate that there's nothing we can do to make things better :( all I can say is it will get better over time (though I know that isn't much help in the here and now). Let us know if there is any way we can help though.

We have sunshine at the moment... Not sure how long it'll last...

And sorry for the dreadful lyrics choices. You're getting whatever is on the desert island discs episode I'm listening to when feeding Lucas!  My brain isn't at fully functioning capacity at 2am!

Poppy when is GSR?

Hope you all manage to get out in relative dryness.
  • Em: GSR is 20th October 4 weeks yesterday :)....I think we are lucky you are up and can think of lyrics as you have a lot going on xx
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning

I like the source of inspiration for the lyrics emzap. Hope that Lucas is thriving.  I didn't enjoy Scotland vs Ireland either (distraction from ironing)..

Hope you find some enthusiasm once you get going LMH. 

Well done to OH and WP for your races yesterday.

Get well soon RFJ.

Qualifying time for 2 oceans seems not something you need to worry about Chicksta.   Any chance of you dropping in your number for Berlin for stalking purposes (if you want to that is).  Ale sums it up nicely.

Yesterday's progressive run ground to a halt at 8.5 miles unfortunately - and was followed by a 2 hour walk home as I couldn't even face a slow jog.  The easier bit went ok and didn't progress too much but as soon as I tried to up the pace beyond a bit slower than MP my head yet again said no.  It was too warm yet again - I had planned my outing based on a completely wrong forecast which didn't really help.   Otherwise I guess I have slipped into some sort of mental overtraining.  Physically I feel basically ok.  HM is as good as dumped as I should take some time off with at the most a couple of short shuffles if I feel like it and not because a plan tells me to, then I am on holiday for two weeks with not too much opportunity to run and a week after that it is the race.    No travel or accomodation expenses wasted at least. 

Sorry for the downer for the start of the week.

What: nothing
    Why: see above and would have been a rest day anyway.
    Last hard: getting out of the training hole I am in
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Hello
    Hazel - it goes like that sometimes, so don't beat yourself up. The mojo will return and you'll soon be flying again.
    Emz et al. - It's been a while but I don't ever remember waking my kids up to feed them when they were little. Fast forward 15-20 years and it's like a plague of locusts have hit when we unpack the shopping...
    OH/WP - great 10ks!
    Wabo - sensible decision in the circumstances
    LmH - Hope you get the run in today, looks like it will be a bright one. No idea what 'leftover' naan is!!
    OH - kudos for the beach clean. 

what - easy lunchtime run, coaching tonight
    why - recovery
    last rest - 06/09
    last hard - yesterday I guess: SEAA relays at Crystal Palace. 
    team manager for the club so was there early on (9am) - we had teams in all but one age groups.
    Senior & vet ladies off at 1:30, the male equivalent off an hour later.
    I put myself as lead runner in a scratch V40 B team knowing that I'd not be the speediest based on current form. It's a tricky two lap circuit with a sharp climb that tapers off, another short down/up before a nice long downhill towards the end of the lap.  
    24:4x for the "6k" (I had it slightly under tbh) I had an average of 6:5x m/m
    Happy enough, it was a long old day (out at 7, back at 6:30) 

• Morning!

Sounds like a tough day at the office yesterday, Hazel! I wouldn't bin the half yet. You have the training in the bag: anything now really only gives marginal gains, if that. I would back right off and just do some 20-25 minute easy runs. And enjoy the holiday! 

And sounds like a long but enjoyable day yesterday, Dustin! As a former team manager I know how it goes! Two years in a row I was team manager for the national 12 stage and two years in a row I ended up running leg 12 after chasing all over Sutton Park supporting the team. All good fun!

Lyrics: no

What: fitness suite later

Why: need more strengthening of the glutes and Achilles. Must book anti-grav treadie.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics oh yes!
    Thanks all for the feedback on my decision, it does help
    Alehouse enjoy your fitness suite day, you inspire me to get strengthening.  I love your comment about cross country and me, it is spot on. Lots of training I have done it will not go to waste
    dustin, nice one on the long day and run yesterday!! 
    Hazel I do know the feeling , hope you reach the right decision for you
    Poppy I have done gsr, loved it!! Good training you are doing
    EMzap, how is the feeding going? any easier?
    LMH I am hoping you have had a lovely lsr

I got a text from my son late last night, thanks for the running! He rang and said he feels he could get addicted, this is so good for me. Running with him later and I love these runs but have done a small run this morning as well just in case

what: 1.8 miles and whatever son does later
    why: its fun
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon!

It is when it is wet and/or cold that your son will decided whether he likes running or not! Is day 1000 next Sunday?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    funny enough alehouse I already said to him, it is meant to be raining and he said, so???
    1,000 day is Friday 
  • Enjoy the run with your son Wabo.

You do such a lot for your club Dustin, I hope it's appreciated.

I'm sorry for being so miserable emzap. I know that if I keep breathing for long enough things will get better it's just that two years seems to be a long time for that to happen:-)

Nice recovery Poppy.

Hazel - I wouldn't write off the half. You've been under a lot of work stress lately and you've put yourself under pressure to follow the plan. If it were me I'd run for fun/stress relief between now and the race, just do whatever you feel like - or don't - and then go and see what happens on race day.

Did you manage to book a session on the anti-g Alehouse?

As seems to be usual at the minute the first couple of miles of my run were a real struggle physically and mentally but it got better from there though every long run seems to be coming out slower than the last. I have no idea what's going on - can it really all be down to stress?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    You're very allowed to be miserable lmh just wish I could help. Big hugs being sent your way 
  • That's brilliant, wabo :+1:

(((Hazel))) That sounds all too familiar. I think those plans are just a fraction too hard and with that they take the joy out of running. Chuck the book in the corner and run on feel. I'm sure your mojo will come back. Don't forget your recent races - you did well there and I bet you enjoyed them. And your Tuesday group sounds fun too.

If it's any consolation I didn't do the prescribed 13 miler yesterday and also skipped the 17 the week before as neither my head nor my body were up for it. Just did a couple of slow 9 and 10 milers instead.

Good miles on weary legs, poppy. No rest for the wicked ;)

Tough but rewarding day for you, Dustin. The naan comment made me chuckle ;)

LMH: that sounds like you haven't written off York completely. Hope you had a good run. It's your kind of weather over here. Sunny and 22 degrees

Maybe ale is right and things miraculously fall into place for both of us. Although not really convinced as far as I'm concerned. I know how my running is supposed to feel the week before a race when I can expect a good performance and that feeling is simply not there.

Did you enjoy your walks, em?

What: 5 miles inclyding grocery shopping plus 1.5 run/walk with hubby
    Why: tapering/ he asked me to come with him
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: yes
  • It was pants in terms of pace but it helped my head chicksta. I really hope things start to feel right for you in the next day or so.
  • That's more important than pace, LMH.

Forgot to post my number for Berlin: 35899 - feel free to stalk guys, if you've nothing better to do on Sunday ;)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta i will stalk lol!

It is true about those schedules I think that is what has ruined me and made me slower, and stress LMH, yes to that slowing you down
  • Busy day doing housy things with Monday Loop thrown in.

Lyrics no

Hope Berlin goes better than you're feeling Chicksta

Sometimes you need to run for your head rather than your body, LMH?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    My son did run alehouse, even in the rain
    So happy
  • Ran up the hill then yoga this evening.
    Better weather today.
    Last hard Paarlaufs on Wednesday
    Lyrics no.

No strong opinions on activity post caesarian other than a lot of non evidence based myths abound.