Thursday 26 September - Stars shining bright above you Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"

Morning

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"

Yesterday's were Diana Ross and I'm still waiting

May try and walk back from a baby group this morning. It's about a mile though, so will see how I'm feeling when it ends

Lmh hope are you doing today?

Ale and poppy how are the hammies?

How's the taper madness chick?

Have a lovely day

Comments

• Morning.

I hope that you enjoy the walk emzap but don't push it too much. How are you healing? Rain here first thing but due to dry up - I do hope so. Next few days are forecast war,. wet and breezy  :(

What:          easy miles
    Why:           can't seem to do anything else
    Last hard:   dragging myself out of bed
    Last rest:    27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning Em:

How are you feeling ? I hope you feel up to a little walk even if a mile is too far.

Hamstring is getting easier I tested it on the flat yesterday and by shortening stride and running very easy it was happy to run 4 miles.So waiting to get light to test it on my less hilly route.

Chick: i have written your number down to stalk you....sorry follow you on Sunday what time do you start?

What: Short run
    Why: To test hamstring
    Last hard: Hamstring
    Lyrics Oh yes

Have a good day and stay dry if you can  :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning!

You will be back to walking longer distances soon emzap take it easy.

Sounds good regarding the hamstring WP. 

Hope the rain passes over soon LMH.    That inov8 jacket must be tiny.

Shame the hamstring won't let you out for a run yet Ale.  

Hope you can shift your Snowdonia place in time Wabo. 

What: probably a gentle MLR this afternoon
    Why: likely the only day I will be able to do one
    Last rest: 23.09.

Lyrics: no
  • Hiya
    Hazel - that's what I was thinking re LMH's jacket!
    Hope those with hamstring woes are streeeeettttcccchhhiiinnnnnggg
    Wabo - what's the process for Snowdonia numbers/transfers? 

what - U11 coaching, light running
    why - routine, legs tired
    last rest - 06/09
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - I think I should...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes, several times over!

Don't rush things, Emz! Or WP!

What: fitness suite, perhaps a-g treadmill

Why: seems to be the only way forward!

Was saddened to hear of the death of one of my former training partners from when I first moved to the area, not that I was particularly close to him. And certainly not close to him when training! If Ricky Wilde were around these days he would be a superstar: in 1970 he won the world indoor 3000 in 7:46, a world record, and was 6th in the international cross country. A fell runner as well, and some of his records from the 1970s and 80s remain intact. All whilst holding down a full time job, which would be unheard of nowadays! Probably the most talented athlete I have come across in the flesh, and very modest indeed. He remained involved in the sport throughout his life, setting up courses for cross country and being on his club's committee. Shame that there aren't more like him.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It sounds as though you might be interested in helping Wabo out Dustin?

We have to try to keep moving forward Alehouse.

I was soaked on my walk Hazel but it looks to be brightening up now - breezy though. The jacket is a lovely light windproof and the pockets on my trail shorts are great (I need them when I race as I carry my inhaler). Hope you get out for and enjoy your MLR.

Pleased to hear that your hamstring seems to be behaving Poppy.
  • Bright and sunny here, LMH, but very wet underfoot. No doubt rain is imminent and will arrive just as I get out in the garden!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics indeed and I will ha ha 
    alehouse sorry hamstring still not up to it, sad about that guy
    I am sick of driving up the motorway everyday in this awful rain 
    DUstin it has all changed actually I hope I have managed to do it now.  Basically when I got this place transferred to me I should have received an email which would have let me set up an account with etch rock and the access my tickets (place)  I never got that.  So now I have and I've reallocated it to the person who wants it, she has done it before in 3.25!!!! Way more worthy than me!! I shouldn't say that I know but hey ho
    LMH your kit sounds great I think I need some!!
    Dustin enjoy the training
    Hazel enjoy the MLR
    Poppy no not your hamstring as well! Take care
    Echo what LMH says Emzap, I remember staying in for almost two weeks after having my daughter lol, that's the way it was back in the day.  Week in hospital and a week at home and my first walk left me aching in places you do not want to.... TMI

WHAT: I am very excited about today's run, both son and daughter running with me later
    why: it kills two birds with one stone so to speak, 3 actually!
    Last hard: yesterday only just over a mile, slight sore left achilles 
    last rest: 31/12/16

3 birds cos 1. my son missed last nights and desperately wants to run again, 2. I said I would see my daughter and had said shall we run, 3 is my streak lol!

This will be fun

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin, sorry if what you meant was you were interested??? Oh I hope not I would have let you have my place no question
  • This is the nearest I can find to my jacket - mine doesn't have a hood: https://www.startfitness.co.uk/inov8-windshell-womens-running-jacket-purple-000745-pl-01.html a great piece of kit for when it's cold and a bit damp, not waterproof but holds its own in showers and is great over a merino base layer.

The shorts with the very useful pockets are Asics Fuji Trail Shorts.

I managed my run in the dry but it's gone very grey again now. A much better run than I was expecting after yesterday's LSR and more good news - my car is ready!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I love those shorts LMH can't believe I haven't come across them before. What are the sizings like?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yay lmh great news about the run and the car.  I tried to get those shorts last year but they'd sold out. Got some other ASICS ones which were good though.

Didn't walk back from bumps and babies. Sensible head took over!

Wabo good to kill 3 birds with one stone :)
  • Great news on both accounts, LMH.
    I stuff my inhaler into my bra :D there are some sports bras with an extra pocket for keys, gels, small change etc. Mine are from Under Armour and I love them.

I have shorts with pockets too so I can stash my phone and my gels somewhere on race day. The bra pocket is limited … ;)

Glad you managed to transfer the Snowdonia place, wabo. Enjoy your family run.

Sounds like a super talented guy, ale. Sad to read he passed away.

Poppy: fingers crossed the hamstring niggle is short lived. Start time depends on the starting pen I'm in. Last year I started at 9:20 (we're an hour ahead).

Hope you have a good run, Hazel.

Taper madness is in full force, em. I'm doubting everything and I'm dreading Sunday a bit if I'm honest. I don't even think it's all in the head - my rubbish training runs tell a story. Going to make the most of the day by running in fancy dress and won't care whether I run 3:30, 3:45 or 4 hours. As long as I get my Two Oceans qualifier I'll be fine :)

What: short run in thick fog
    Why: last run at home - travelling tomorrow
    Last hard: trying to get excited about Sunday
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: yes

• Wabo Ihave those shorts in both black and purple for me a medium but I am about a size 12 if that helps?
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    thanks Poppy it helps a lot, I am closer to 14 tbh so I went large and sounds like the right choice! £19 amazon
    LMH great news about the car!

• Wabo good price as well......I think I have 7 pairs :)

Chick: Are you in fancy dress? we usually got to Aberafan Sunday But Mr Poppy has told me Wales are playing Australia in Rugby world cup so we are staying home :) So I can stalk at myleisure shame it is not on TV:-(

Ale: He sounds an amazing runner and man sad loss.

5.25 miles for me took it easy and all okay stretching and foam rollering:-)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • It is on German telly but that won't help you guys of couse :)

I've never done a marathon in fancy dress and always wanted to. Berlin is spectacular in terms of crowd support so if I make a complete and utter fool of myself what better place is there? The crowds go wild if you dress up. As I won't be running fast I may as well have fun :)

At least mine is a pretty simple outfit - just a hula skirt, flowers and big earrings - don't think I could be tempted to strap a fridge to my back or come as the Brandenburg Gate :)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great way to capitalise on the opportunity chick :)

Just walked 2 km. Was angry as waited in for 2 hours for the health visitor to find a note through the door saying she'd been and we weren't in... obviously she hasn't actually rung the doorbell. Now we have to wait in tomorrow as well. Had to walk to clear my head!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    how annoying emzap!!!
    Chick I love it, good on ya!!
    Those shorts are the best eh Poppy, couple of mine are knackered and one pair has been handed to my daughter .  Actually Decathlon do good ones too with the inner leg a really nice length
  • The shorts are fab Wabo. I have a stockpile as they are the only ones I've found with pockets big enough for four gels and my inhaler.

Doesn't it chafe in your bra chicksta? Why are you worrying about your pace if you're running for fun in fancy dress with a sub five hour target? Relax and enjoy!

That is so frustrating emzap - I'd be sure to mention that you were in when you do get to see her.

Good to hear Poppy.
  • No chafing, LMH - the bra has an elastic mesh under the bust - basically a double layer so you stuff your bits in there - looks like this:

totall brilliant invention methinks.

I still worry about pace because I'm a tad disappointed that I trained for weeks on end without getting any results. Guess that's the menopause for you.

At least I have enough miles in my legs to seaminglessly segue into ultra training post Berlin.

Emzap: That's so rude! No wonder you were annoyed.

• Interesting chicksta - I'm not good with over the head ones since my accident though unfortunately. There's a difference I think - my pace has been down all year as you know (though I'm not convinced I can blame age or the menopause) which has been upsetting but if you're racing to enjoy the experience rather than for a PB knowing that you can get round comfortably and have a good day out should surely take the stress out of it?