Friday 27 September 2019 - I guess now it's time for me to give up I feel it's time

Morning.

I guess now it's time for me to give up
I feel it's time

Yesterday was Doris Day and Dream a Little Dream

What: waiting in for health visitor, then hopefully a short walk before going to midwife!
Why: depends week hv turns up depends if I can walk
Last hard: realising I'm not allowed to run until 12 weeks post op, I'm sure they said 6 in hospital

Safe travels chick, hope dB behaves
Lmh what are your thoughts on Yorkshire at the moment?
Ale how's the hammie?
Poppy hope your run didn't have any detrimental effects on yours

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

I hope that you don't have to wait too long for the health visitor emzap. I know twelve weeks feels like a long time but it will soon pass with L to occupy you and you will be able to start getting yourself ready with walks and pelvic floor exercises soon! Do you have a running buggy?

Safe journey chicksta. Try to enjoy the day and I hope that your time surprises you.

At the minute I think I'll probably go but with low expectations emzap. It will be a distraction, a weekend away and an excuse to carb load  :)

Struggled to drag myself out of bed this morning after waking at 0230hrs then dozing and having stressy dreams. I have a headache and a sore throat but RHR is fine so they are probably mostly tiredness/jab being due next week. A chilly, wet breezy day isn't helping my mood or enthusiasm to get out but hopefully I will feel brighter after a couple of coffees and some breakfast. I shall take myself out for a walk (full waterproofs if necessary) and see how I go from there.

What:          something slow I expect
    Why:           it mostly is and I'll feel worse if I don't get out
    Last hard:   pulling myself together
    Last rest:    27/7

Lyrics - not today but feel quite apt...........
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Just read what lyrics I've set and they don't sound very upbeat sorry! No reflection on my mood, just a desert island discs coincidence!

Lmh I know I just was prepared for 6 weeks. Will ask the midwife about it today and see what they say.  Sounds like a good approach to York. It is a fantastic marathon and even if just going to enjoy the atmosphere, I'd definitely recommend it. 
  • Morning!

that is annoying with the health visitor emzap.  Good words from LMH regarding getting back to running. 

Does carbo loading mean cake LMH?  The world often does look better after a couple of coffees!  Jacket and shorts you mentioned yesterday look good.  Must get some new shoes and socks before I think about clothing though. 

Hope the Snowdonia place is now safely transferred Wabo.  Did you enjoy your family outing?

We will need a picture of your fancy dress Chicksta.  Travel well.  I saw the Brandenburg Gate costume last year.  You might surprise yourself on the day pacewise.

What: some sort of recovery run
    Why: decent MLR yesterday with progression up to a km @ HM pace.  Was pleased to get my head around it without stressing before, during and after the run. 
    Last rest: 23.09.

Lyrics: no 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no...but rather appropriate!

Emz/LMH: Running buggies: I believe the general advice is not to run with baby until at least 6 months old because of the lack of strength in their neck muscles. Some say four months. Certainly worth speaking with health visitor, paediatrician or which ever medics you are seeing! Wonder if OH has a view. 

What: going to largely rest except for some gentle stretching

Why: hammy has worsened and think needs to settle. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale yes 6 months for running buggies but I can go alone before that :D
  • Sorry to hear that your hamstring is worse Alehouse. In my (limited) experience of running parents they just buy a buggy suitable for running rather than having an everyday and a running one - I wasn't suggesting emzap should start any time soon  :)

I am so pleased to hear that you had a good run Hazel. Cake definitely included in carb loading but it's also part of my daily diet!

I'd forgotten you'd run York emzap - just how bad is the hill I've heard about at the end?

Just got back from my walk as the rain started so now trying to decide whether to go out and get wet or hold on for a bit and hope it passes.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh unfortunately the running buggies don't have a pram and car seat attachment so they're not great for all usage senarios. Annoying as I'm all for fewer contraptions!  The hill at the end is steep but short and it does end with a nice downhill stretch. I found the most mentally challenging part to the second out and back bit, think it's around more 17-20 or so. Downhill out and uphill back. Great crowd support on the section though, I was just drenched and knackered by that point!
  • Thanks emzap. I was told it was a flat, fast course! I love a good old fashioned pram - my Danish friends had one of those and a running buggy.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Me too re flat and fast lmh so I was a bit surprised! Though I guess it is flatter and faster than others that have claimed to be flat and fast!
  • Hiya
    Ale - sorry to hear about the continued hamstring issues, may they soon improve
    Emz - yeah, those weeks will fly by , and before you know it , they are 18....
    Wabo - no plan to run Snowden (this year) but I know that a few at my club would have bitten your arm off...

What - easy run, lots of cake
    Why - recovery & it's a McMillan charity day cakeathon here - it's going to get messier with wine tasting tonight too....
    last rest - 06/09
    last hard - exercising some degree of cake restraint today....
    lyric - not sure
  • Morning,

Em: 12 weeks will pass quickly and best to be safe and well when you start running again.I had a Pram and still have it in the loft, along with numerous different buggies:-)

Chick That is some bra but i have hard enough time with chafing with certain bra's:-)

Dustin I thought of you when I head it was lots of coffee morning's today;-) Have one for me;-)

Ale: i hope your Hamstring starts to heal soon:-(

I have been really lucky with the healing of hamstring apart from changing the way I bend it does not interfere too much.

What:6.12 miles
    Why: Because I could
    last hard : No power in leg/Hamstring
    Lyrics: Yes

I had to run hilly route today due to weather and although slow like a tortoise and no powerin legs it went well.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

re the overhead bras LMH I always pull them up lol and definitely pull them down when I am all hot and sweaty!! OOh that sounds rude, you know what I mean  :hushed:
    Wp so good for getting out and doing it!!
    Ah Dustin, I didn't think about posting here - so sorry.  Enjoy the cake and easy!!
    LMH I hope the weather got better for you, it is sunny here
    alehouse so sorry to hear the hammie is worse, hope it will behave soon!!
    hazel enjoy the recovery.  Place is transferred now! The family outing was brilliant, I made sure to run just over a mile alone first to get my streak one in then ran with my two, jodie the tortoise sam the hare! She didn't stop and only walked two little bits whereas sam runs so fast and catches her but walks every other length. They both loved it.
    Emzap, 12 weeks will fly though trust me!

What: 10k with buddies later all in club vests then to the pub
    why: day 1,000!!!!
    Last hard yesterday 
    last rest: 31/12/16

Funny enough on my last streak day with 3 digits me sam and jodie ran (3).  Tonight it turns out me and 3 mates will run (4 digits)

Anyway, all sorts of family birthdays this weekend, reggie (gson) is 2, daughter is 37 and dil is 25!!! Busy busy
    Have a great weekend all -  chick enjoy your race!! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    agree about chafing poppy, I have a constant clump of sore areas on my back from all the long runs I have done recently.  I just forget to put something there to stop it
  • That sounds like a good Friday Dustin.

Another busy weekend for you Wabo, enjoy. Fortunately the rain stopped almost as I stepped out of the door for my run.

Careful on the hills with that hamstring Poppy.

Hope the health visitor has been and gone and was suitably apologetic about yesterday emzap.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh yes, though adamant we just didn't hear the doorbell!!!  Lucas is back to over birth weight and has confirmed tongue tie, so explains our feeding problems.  I think she realised we weren't avoiding her yesterday coz we were neglectful parents too! Next midwife and out for lunch
  • Aww, poor Lucas. Lunch out sounds nice.
  • Afternoon!

Well done, Wabo on day 1000! Enjoy! And enjoy the weekend also! Down The Lane tomorrow?

Well done Lucas on regaining your birth weight! Glad health visitor could explain to mummy about your feeding issue, and hope the midwife turned up and mummy can go out for lunch.

Went to do some work in the garden, and that lasted less than a minute before the heavens opened. Still raining. Was reasonably productive though and made some apple tarts.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse I will be but I am not looking forward to it! 
    Thats great that Lucas has got his weight back Emzap, I am sure it will all work out x
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    🙋‍♀️ waving from Berlin

Thanks for all your words of encouragement. I got really excited at the expo today. Just  <3 the big city marathon vibe. Looking forward to the breakfast run tomorrow. Will post a costume pic from the Olympic stadium

Raining cats are dogs here. Looking a bit better for tomorrow but may get a bit wet on Sunday. Better than heat,  I guess. If it's bad for the Kenyans it's good for me :)

Glad to hear Lucas is gaining  weight.  What's tongue tie?

Never had any bra chafing issues..
    but I only ever use overhead ones and avoid anything with hooks or clasps. Totally understand that they won't work with your shoulder issues,  LMH. Hadn't thought about that.

Great to hear you had a good run,  Hazel.

Productive day, ale. Shame about the hammy.

That's a lot of birthdays, wabo. Well done on streak day 1000 👏

Cakeathon sounds brill, Dustin.

They call it Yorkshire flat on Marathontalk, LMH ;)

What: 15k walked, most of that at the expo
    Why: they put the number pick up in the furthest corner
    Last hard: carb loading - a bit difficult when travelling - kept munching on salty crackers and peanut cashew oatmeal cookies
    Last rest: today
    Lyrics: no

• Number pickup queue ...
  • That is a lot of runners Chick!

Nice photo of you :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Those cookies sound nice chicksta - did you bake them? I'm glad you are feeling excited now. Hope you have a lovely weekend. I'm beginning to think I was sold a pup as they say - I was told York was a PB course.......
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Go well chick 

LMH - 205 ft total gain, thats much less than Abo, and Abo was pancake. Vlm is over 500 Yeovil was over 800. Not sure you'll get much flatter.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Nice pics Chick and all the best

Ale sorry to ref Hammy issues

Still Snotty here, and glutes still an issue, managed 2.5 very uncomfortable miles last night. will be doing a easy parkrun tomorrow...

Take care