Saturday 28 September 2019 - It's not time to make a change, Just relax, take it easy

Morning

It's not time to make a change,
Just relax, take it easy

Yesterday's were Take That and Back for Good

What: hopefully parkrun volunteering.
Why: Lucas was misbehaving for my oh last night so it depends if he'll still drive us there
Last hard: sleep deprivation

Chick enjoy the breakfast run. Nice photos from Berlin too. 

Oh I find that the problem with a lot of pregnancy, a lot of non evidence based advice out there

Rfj hope you feel better for parkrun

Think it may be a bit wet out there.

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning

EM: Sorry to hear Lucas was misbehaving for OH I hope you both catch up on your sleep.
    rain lashing it down here at the moment.....

Chick: Enjoy your Breakfast run....

What : A run
    Why: Just because
    Last hard: Hamstring and race
    Lyrics: Yes

Looks like the marathon from Doha not on TV :(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Hope the weather behaves if you get to parkrun emzap - cold, wet and windy here  :(

Wasn't it on the red button Poppy?

Feet up after the breakfast run chicksta!

Sorry to hear that you're still unwell RFJ.

What:           probably depends on how bad the weather is
    Why:            don't fancy extended exposure if it's bad
    Last hard:    finding any speed
    Last rest:     27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes, and appropriate (I used these in 2013 so certainly time they came around again!)

What: fitness suite, probably, plus watch at parkrun

Why: trying to retain some semblance of fitness whilst strengthening the hamstring

Hope you get to parkrun with Lucas, Emz!

Currently not raining here. Won't be long before it does, I suspect.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Volunteering at 2 weeks old (his coat is far too big for him, I don't think his legs are even in the legs!)
  • Nice one, Emz! And Lucas! Wonder what he made of it!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Great that you were able to get out emzap.

Did you stay dry Alehouse?

Our forecast rain stayed off until nearly lunchtime so I managed a dry run and another better one, maybe I've finally turned a corner though quite what's changed I have no idea. I'm just trying to enjoy it whilst it lasts. We took Grace's beds, biscuits, food etc to a greyhound and lurcher rescue this afternoon. I think she'd have approved.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    (((lmh))) must have been hard but great idea
  • Was lucky with parkrun watching LMH: a few spots but just as I got back home the heavens opened, and it has rained most of the time since. 
    Trying to watch the world championships but can't really get into it: too much talk.
  • Good luck tomorrow Chicksta!  Thanks for the pics. I remember that queue from last year, once you got into the area for the bibs and chips it was okay but getting there wasn't fun.

Lovely pic of you both emzap, thnks. Must have been nice for you to get to parkrun, not too many weeks before you can take part yourself.

Sorry to hear about the hamstring Ale. Turn off the sound for the athletics maybe? 4 x 400m mixed was fun to watch just now.

Great idea to donate Grace's things LMH. I'm sure they will be appreciated. Glad to hear you had a good run today.

Well done on streak day 1000 Wabo. Bet you celebrated today with 1001!

Good the hamstring coped with the hills WP.

Extra miles to work off the cake Dustin?

Hope the parkrun went okay RFJ.

What: rest day
    Why: OH birthday with a longer moped tour, run postponed to tomorrow
    Last hard: getting up early tomorrow will be!
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: familiar
  • Happy Birthday to Mr Hazel - hope you both have a lovely evening.
  • Happy birthday Mr Hazel :)

Lovely pic of you two, em.

Great new re. pace coming back, LMH. Heartbreaking re Grace's things ... :'(
    I got those peanut cashew biccies from Lidl. They're even bio and really really yummy.

Had a ball at the breakfast run today. So many people wanted to take a picture with me :# not used to that :) but loved it.

I think I may have wrecked my legs today ... 6k run ans 16k walked. Oops.

Ok, picture time
  • Love the pics chicksta. You look very happy.  Just primed the tracker for you and spoons and was just scanning the map. Strange I have so few memories of the course from last year.

OH says thanks for the birthday greetings. He seems quite content with a beer in front of the athletics right now.
  • parkrun (25:58) then painting kitchen.
    Just getting things done
    Last hard: this morning - a friend was on my heels the whole way round (but I was 10s ahead at finish line)
    Last rest - depends on definition! ;)
    Lyrics no

Lovely picture Emzap. Love that Lucas now appears to be sleeping soundly.

Great pictures Chicksta. You're looking good, and happy!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Evening!

Looking far too happy, Chick! Hope you are even happier crossing the finish line tomorrow!

Well done OH! Sounds like a better parkrun. And I have a lot of painting needing doing. Let me know when you are available please. If I remember correctly I used the lyrics when your son was running in the Island Games!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    lovely picks Chicks and Emz :-)

Steady parkrun this morning in 26:07 very wet, and still quite hard due to continued leg and glute issues and the snot left overs.....

But it was fun and I enjoyed it.

Cheers, take care