I go out of my head

Yesterday was Father and Son by Cat Stevens

Hoping to go for a short walk but weather is not looking good

Go Go Chick!

Rfj enjoyment is the most important thing :smile:

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

Go chicksta! Hope you have a very enjoyable day.

As emzap says RFJ - enjoyment is the main thing.

It's not looking very conducive weather wise here either emzap.

You've been very industrious of late OH. House must be looking lovely.

I have a bit of a dilemma. Want to do one last LSR before York but best weather day looking at the forecast is tomorrow - only I won't have time because of work - so I need to decide whether to tough it out today or hope that the weather is better Tuesday or Wednesday.

What:           unsure
    Why:            weather
    Last hard:    deciding what to do for the best
    Last rest:     27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning Em: Lovely photo of you and Lucas yesterday :)

Chick Lovely photo's and costume I hope the weather is kind to you today.

We had torretial rain from 5pm and it is still going strong and lots of flooding so no idea what i will find on my run.

What: Run
    Why: That is the question with this rain;-)
    Last hard: Hamstring
    Lyrics: Yes

Lots going on today Rugby world cup, Berlin marathon and athletics but Gabby is getting on my nerves she needs to shut up!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Morning!

Hope Chick is going well!

What: fitness suite

Why: stretching and strengthening

Damp and cold here...and that is just inside the house. Heating on for the first time this autumn.

LMH: I wouldn't be too concerned if you don't manage a last LSR. You have plenty in the bank.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Chicksta is on her way!

Well done RFJ.

Probably shouldn't mention that it is a beautiful day here. (Makes up diverse parcels and sends them off). Will be spending most of it sitting in the car and at various tables so can't really benefit from it as of now.

Have a good Sunday all

What: 14k d&d at least
    Why: MIL birthday
    Last rest:yesterday

Lyrics: no

• I worry that I'll start to lose endurance if my last long run is over three weeks out though Alehouse. I'm surprised you've managed this long without the heating!

Glad you were able to get your run in before the family commitments Hazel. I'm envious of your weather.

After a full waterproof walk the rain was showing no sign of letting up so I decided to head to the gym and by the time I'd finished there it had stopped. There was a lot of local flooding and I really wasn't fancying a long run so I just did ten. I shall try to get a longer one in later in the week.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Afternoon!

Well done Chick! Trust you are pleased! You seemed strong at the end! Nice! Enjoy the post race activities and we do, of course, look forward to a blow by blow account! Bet you got lots of crowd support!

LMH: you have such a big bank of endurance so you definitely won't lose endurance in three weeks. Remember over these three weeks that it is better to be 5% undertrained than an per cent over! A wise move with today's run/gym. Belting it down here, again!

And well done Wales in the rugby!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Great work Chick looking forward to race report :)

I thought Bekele did really well not heard of him for a while?
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Bekele is such a legend. I'm well impressed. Conditions were tough today with wind and rain although the elites were probably just home and dry before  the heavens really opened on us. Still,  last year he may have beaten Kipchoge ... those two neck and neck would be fab.

Sorry to hear conditions were conspiring against you today, LMH.

Well done parkrunners yesterday.

Hope the family do wasn't too boring,  Hazel.

Thanks for all the good lucks. I'm quite pleased with the outcome given how truly shit my training went.

18 secs slower than last year but 3:36:00 looks good on paper ;)

I got so much attention it was a bit unreal but working the crowds is just fab. I really loved the atmosphere last year but in my silly outfit I got even more cheers and shouts.

Never looked at my watch until 40k in and was really surprised to be pretty much on last year's time. With all the messing about it sure felt slower. My HR was quite a bit lower too. Didn't try hard enough :D

Too bad it was so wet. My feet turned into mush and I have mahoosive blisters but somehow this didn't slow me down much, so all good.

My quads suffered most from my silliness - all that bending to high five the little ones took its toll.

Just consumed my bodyweight in burger and fries and that's it for the rest of the day. Time to put those feet up.

• That is a fantastic result chicksta - the costume and playing the crowd must have easily cost you those 18 seconds so despite feeling that it wasn't there in training it sounds as though you had your A game on the day! Enjoy some down time now.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wow chick. Massive well done!  A great result and in fancy dress so even more amazing :)

I didn't go for my walk. Weather has been pants.  
  • Super, well done Chicksta! We had good conditions last year so those 18 seconds are nothing. Another nice pic from you.   Good recovery and that those blisters and quads don't hurt too much tomorrow.

2 seconds off the WR for Bekele is amazing too.

Good idea to drop the long run LMH.

Shame you didn't get out emzap.

Back to the athletics now. No need for heating here as I am currently wearing cat nr. 1.
  • Well done damp  chick! And more great photos!

Depends on starting point (for house) AH - way to go yet.

Swim- run-swim today
    The stars aligned
    Last hard: parkrun

Lyrics - no

Dry here and quite a pleasant day. Running (7 miles) in shorts and t-shirt with no back up.