Monday 30 September 2019 - When they poured across the border I was cautioned to surrender

When they poured across the border
I was cautioned to surrender

Yesterday was Depeche mode and Just can't get enough

First day home alone today. An a bit terrified! Then down to track to introduce Lucas

Comments

• Morning,

Chick: Well done on race great photo's I hope you are recovering well :)

Bekele what a runner 2 secondsoff the world record what a ding dong battle between him and Kipchoge next year?

Em: You will be fine with Lucas, how can a tiny baby terrify you:-)

What 6 miles maybe
    Why: Short on time
    Last hard Hamstring
    Lyrics: Nope

I felt the power backin my legs on the hills yesterday -yay.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

I hope you have a lovely day alone with Lucas emzap, nothing to worry about.

Sounds very positive Poppy.

How are your quads and blisters chicksta? I hope you're still smiling!

You seem to have had the best of the weather OH.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            work stops play
    Last hard:    seeing the best weather of the week forecast for today
    Last rest:     27/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    WP :joy: you haven't faced the screaming wrath, that's the terrifying bit!

Chick hope you're feeling ok today. Are you safely home now?

Lmh how are you feeling today? 

Ale how's the hammie today?

Wabo are things easing up for you or is there still a lot of stress going on?

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

You'll be fine today, Emz and Lucas!

Well done again, Chick! Hope you are struggling to walk today! If not you didn't run hard enough! Trust you are still smiling. That result was better than last year given the weather and the crowd participation!

What: fitness suite and cross training in the garden (assuming I don't have a call asking me to work)

Why: needs must/best weather of the week, and that isn't saying much from mid-afternoon, with more flood warnings in place. Gave one of my sons a lift back to his flat yesterday and had to go by quite a long detour due to flooded roads. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all
    Chick - great photos and a wonderful result. Super run from Bekele too. Berlin deffo on my 'to do' list.
    Emz - good luck today and thanks fro sharing the photo of Lucas - he'll soon be running rings round you!
    OH - solid park run and painting double
    Ale - good luck with the cross training, ground should be a bit softer this week - I know ours was!
    Belated birthday greetings to Mr Hazel

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - legs still niggly
    last rest - Saturday in the end: (furniture) shopping in the morning and by late afternoon had developed stomach cramps/issues so erred on the side of caution and skipped running. Managed an easy 12 off road yesterday but it wasn't comfortable.
    last hard - last week
  • Ugh, hope you feel better,  Dustin.

Enjoy your mum and son day, Em. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Is your hamstring back to normal now, poppy?

Hope the forecast is wrong and you manage a longer run in decent conditions later this week, LMH.

Ale: Hate to say it but my legs are fine today and the blisters are less severe than I thought. Running in the comfort zone has its advantages ;)
    Definitely a good thing to run within yourself from time to time and disregard the watch. Omm 🙏

Yesterday happened to be my best marathon in terms of WAVA. 75.49 vs. 73 for my 3:24 PB aged 44.

A good day in the office and much better outcome than expected given my lack of self confidence going into the race.

I hope we make it back home ok. Our train is booked for the afternoon and a storm is on its way. Train services are currently suspended in some parts of the country :s

What: nothing
    Why: did enough yesterday
    Last hard: drying out
    Last rest: today
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick hope you're not Deutsche Bahned (as we named it went db were disrupted - far too often in our experience!)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all I will read back
    Chick loved the Omm!
    Emzap I reckon you and Lucas will be just fine
    Did my comma day and drank plenty fizz, lovely mates ran 10kb with me all in the forest as the rain was horrific
    Did lovely run Saturday and Sunday forest again
    Got to dash now it's my daughter's birthday
    What hour run later
    Why feel the need
    Last hard yesterday's run off road with oh
    Last rest 31/12/16
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Good luck with the journey home Chicksta.  Advantage of taking the train is you can move around a bit.  You seem pleased with your race and rightly so.

Enjoy your day with Lucas emzap (despite any screaming).

Good news that the legs are willing to do the hills again WP.

Shame you can't profit from the weather LMH - similar situation here.

Enjoy the gardening Ale. Hope the weather holds off long enough.

Can recommend Berlin Dustin.   1st time ballot success for me for last year.  Hope the stomach settles soon. 

What: around 10 miles planned this afternoon - maybe with some speedwork (probably 5-6 x 800), will decide on that after a warm up.
    Why: See if I can get my head around it.
    Last rest: 28.09.

• Hope the birthday girl enjoys her day and you have a good run Wabo.

I'm glad you are pleased with your run chicksta - you should be! Hope you get home ok.

I'm doing better thanks emzap. Off to work shortly which whilst a pain as it meant I couldn't do my LSR on this lovely morning is probably a good thing.

Sorry to hear about your stomach issues Dustin. Too much cake?  :)

Lots of flooding here too Alehouse. Hope you get that call for work if you want it.

My legs are coming back to me - lovely run this morning - apart from the stomach issues <<sigh>>
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Wow chick great time, costume and lovely photos!!! 
    Emzap loved your photo too!! 
    Lmh glad you had a lovely run, not so the stomach issues though
    It's lovely being off, I took Lyla to nursery! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 1st coat, swim (around wreck), 2nd coat, run (5k)
    Getting things done
    Last hard: Sunday
    Lyrics no

Just enjoy, Emzap.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Chick well done for yesterday

Well the end of another month, and time to see what the mileage total is.....

Well its 70 and that my dear friends is the lowest mileage I have recorded in a a month since Dec 2015.

To be honest it was expected as picked up a niggle in the middle of the month and have only manager 14 miles since.....

It has also come at a time where I will be dropping the miles to suit my MS as will be dropping from a 6 day training week to 4 initially, but adding some gym work and classes as well in the days that I will not be running (just waiting for the works benefit scheme to open up tomorrow to apply.

Onward and upwards, take care