Wednesday 2nd October 2019 - Summer has come and passed The innocent can never last

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last

A day late with these but at least I remembered them

What: walking to coffee with friends
Why: trying to get out the house
Last hard: Lucas has been a menace the last 20 hours!

Grandpa coming to visit today so I hope Lucas behaves for him!

Have a a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning 

Em: Sorry to hear little Lucas has been a little menace but getting out of the house is what is needed plenty of fresh air  and hope Grandpa copes well :)

OH I also do the same with tupperware my best ones are the original Tupperware they never break.

What: Hoping for double digits
    Why: GSR
    Last hard: Hamstring/6 degrees outside
    Lyrics:Nope

Lyrics yesterday were Murder Inc by the great Bruce Springsteen :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Oh dear emzap - hopefully he'll behave for Grandpa and you'll have a nice time with your friends.

Cold here this morning too Poppy but at least it's forecast to be dry.

I was considering doing my LSR this morning but there was so much flooding yesterday morning and so much rain yesterday afternoon that I think I'll be struggling to find anywhere to run. Fortunately the forecast is dry for today and ok again tomorrow so I've decided to give it another day and hope things dry up.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             see above
    Last hard:     getting warm after yesterdays soaking
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning...and a cold one! 

Currently 3 degrees, but not sure how cold it was earlier, but people are scraping their windscreens! Supposed to be dry though, and in fact yesterday was not too bad and a fair amount of gardening took place. Over 5 pounds of green tomatoes picked: very few ripened even in the greenhouse this "summer". Very poor produce-wise this year. I will be making chutney later in the week, no doubt!

Hope grandpa enjoys Lucas, Emz!

Football, Wabo...how could you not enjoy a 9 goal thriller, that is if you stayed that long? Wonder how long the manager will be around!

Saw the floods in North Leicestershire, LMH, so can imagine what some of the areas near you are like.

What: fitness suite at some stage

Why: off shortly for further hospital appointments to look at bone density and why I have had another fracture

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Not quite that chilly here Alehouse but I think I will be in gloves as well as long sleeves for my run. Hope you get some answers today. 4C here currently!
  • Happy to report 10.40 miles ran and all felt good and a good pace actually same pace as my last one which was June :) woolly hat,gloves short sleeved top, merinoLS top and all stayed on!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    don't think it is Poch's fault alehouse.  We just aren't champions league material 
    Utterly fed up but it is only a game, more things to worry about Like when will they stop shouting Severrrrrn in this office 
    Poppy amazing!! I'll be in t shirt and shorts later, sun is out!
    Alehouse, I hope you get some answers, bless ya.  Enjoy the fitness suite
    Emzap oh Lucas will be cuddled tons by Gramps today!!
    LMH that is a pain about the flooding, this rain has been incessant!! Hope you manage something ok

What: few miles later
    why: had easy one yesterday
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

likely do you good to get out if Lucas is being troublesome emzap. Enjoy the meet-up with your friends and the visit from Grandpa.

No Tupperware mismatches here OH.  But then again no Tupperware. The alternative was sorted last time we moved house a few years ago.  (I shouldn't open my cupboards though - probably some other things lurking that need clearing out).  I imagine Badminton to be quite stressful for your hands on top of the DIY.

Glad you got home ok Chicksta.  Enjoy that break. 

Thought of you when I read the football results Wabo.

Not sure about the HM yet LMH.  Will see how I feel post holiday.  4c and the likelihood of getting wet feet seem a good reason to postpone a longer run.  Certainly gloves weather.

Well done on the double digit run WP. 

Hmm - tomato chutney Ale!  Shame you didn't get many ripe ones.  Good luck with your appointment.

What: lunch recovery
    Why: no time for more and legs need a gentle outing
    Last nice: a guy in my Tuesday group has offered to sort out a Saturday morning activity involving drills, strengthening, coordination exercices etc.. He is doing a coaching licence and needs some people to practice on.  I'm pretty lazy on doing this and with a bit of group pressure might be a bit more motivated.
    Last rest: 29.09.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Funnily enough I though of Wabo too when I saw the score! at least there were some goals....
    Could be worse, you could be Mo....
    Hazel - that sounds good from your Tuesday pal!
    Emz - hope Lucas settles, you can always put him in the shed and put headphones on....
    What - steady lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    last rest - Sarturday
    last hard - last night: mile reps on grass. one mile measuring a suitable loop, followed by 3x reps with ~300 recovery. Managed to stick in a group of 4 and hold pretty constant 6:40ish pace so happy with that on a wet (and getting wetter) surface!
  • That sounds like a good opportunity Hazel and as you say you're likely to be much more motivated with the company and helping someone else out.

Nice running Poppy. Chilly here too but only capris and long sleeved top chilly.

The sun is out here too Wabo it's just not warm. Hope you enjoy your run later.

Are you racing soon Dustin?

The trails and roads were much drier here this morning fortunately but I think leaving the long run until tomorrow will hopefully mean I don't have to divert. It will  probably mean no MLR this week but I don't think that's too much of an issue.
  • Loads more rain here too :(

Thought of you too, Wabo. Not a fan of Bayern at all - they seem to always win it's just annoying.

Sensible, LMH. Hope the weather plays ball tomorrow.

That's a good pace on wet grass, Dustin.

Great miles, Poppy.

That's a brilliant opportunity, Hazel. And it reminds me to up my strenghth routine.  If I want to artifice l survive the South African hills I need to beef up those legs.

Hope Lucas is calming down in Grandpa's care,  em

Ale: how did the hospital appointments go?

Still nothing here. I've been struggling with a sore throat since yesterday. No surprise given how wet and cold I was after the marathon. Still hoping to shake it.

Bank holiday tomorrow :+1:
  • Rest and recover chicksta! Hope you have something nice planned for the Bank Holiday.