Thursday 3 Oct 2019 - Hotter than a fantasy, longer like a highway She's living in a world, and it's

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

Hotter than a fantasy, longer like a highway
She's living in a world, and it's on fire

Yesterday was wake me up when September ends Greenway

Happy Tag der Deutschen Einheit

Hopefully a walk whilst waiting for new sofa to arrive 

Cuddles with grandpa went well

Hope it's drier for your lsr lmh

Have a good one all

Comments

• Morning.

I'm glad you had a nice day yesterday emzap. Forecast dry but cold today - more rain due in this evening:-( Hope you can manage the walk.

What:           hopefully a LSR
    Why:            last one before York
    Last hard:    adjusting to the cold
    Last rest:     27/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Glad Lucas and grandpa met, Emz! Hope you get your walk!

Chick: what Emz said!

Hope the LSR goes well, LMH! Should be a reasonably pleasant if cold morning. Rain from this evening here.

What: fitness suite this evening

Why: current Thursday routine

So, yesterday...spent a fair part of the day in the kitchen making green tomato and apple chutney. A friend had given me a load of windfall apples. Chopping up those and the tomatoes took for ever! Today will be other chutneys! Also I spent the morning at a local hospital re possible osteoporosis diagnosis, and that is, indeed, what I got. Only borderline, subject to the results of further tests, and I will be starting on bisphosphonates...once I get my dentist's approval! Was advised that running was good...but must avoid falling!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - sounds a busy and fruitful (!) day....
    Emz - sounds a good day yesterday, hope the new sofa is comfy 
    LmH - good luck with the LSR 

What - coaching under 11s, easy strides for me
    Why -routine, mini taper ahead of local half on Sunday. 
    last rest - last Saturday
    last hard - Tuesday

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale bit of a rubbish diagnosis but hope the biphosphonates help strengthen your bones. Yes I agree, don't fall!

Was grandpa and lucas' second meet and my dad looked as terrified of him as he did the day Lucas was born :joy: at least he brought me lunch!

Woke up late today, must need the sleep!

Enjoy the coaching Dustin :)
  • Em: I think Grandpa's are like that till baby is a little less fragile :)but glad all went well.

Ale:Hope you can strengthen your bones! well done on a fruitful day in the kitchen I love chutney's and chutney making.

What: 6 miles easy
    why: Body a little creaky after LSR yesterday
    Last hard: Hamstring
    Lyrics Nope

Legs felt tired in bed feet and ankle's aching but all was working fine this morning I think I just need to remember I need longer to recover as I am no longer a Spring Chicken and maybe compression tights on after LSR to aid recovery.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    emzap enjoy the walk, grandad will get used to him lol!
    LMH enjoy the lSR, ice on my windscreen this morning!!
    DUstin enjoy your coaching and strides
    alehouse, I guess now your have a diagnosis you know what to do take care

what: off road 3+ miles today with mate
    why: getting lonely on my runs
    last hard: last nights 4
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Saw oh's dad last night, really not good he has lost so much weight I feel it won't be long and OH will be in pieces. 
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A difficult time Wabo. Windscreen scraping required here too.

Not what you wanted to hear but not too bad Alehouse. If you fancy posting any of those chutneys I'd be happy to taste test  :)

I think being about to have a late morning is good emzap - sounds as though you are training Lucas well.

Which HM Dustin?

Me too Poppy but I refuse to listen  :)

My run was a slog this morning. Started off ok, legs were feeling quite bouncy but then I started to feel cold despite wearing capris and I slowed down. Was able to pull it back for a negative split but not the run I would have liked confidence wise. Only one bit of paddling and one diversion required - a shame we are forecast more rain. York number arrived today. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh only coz my oh is working from home and brought Lucas downstairs to let me sleep! Just had a 2 hour afternoon nap. Did get out for my walk though
  • Ah I see. Good idea to make the most of every opportunity to catch up in that case.
  • Evening.

I got to enjoy the German bank holiday as well today (German employer).

Good you already have some results Ale. I can almost smell the chutney from here.

I would be terrified if someone handed me a small baby as well emzap. Good you got in some sleep and your walk.

Nice you had company Wabo, hope that could distract you a bit.

Seems you salvaged something from your run LMH.

Enjoy the coaching Dustin.

Good thoughts regarding recovery WP.

What: 17.5 miles mostly along the river Aare, a stretch I haven't run before
    Why: day off and wanted to do a long run.
    Last hard: the last 2 miles of that, I had planned 16 but had to retrace the first bit and cross to the other side as the army was blocking the path for some action. Some nasty little climbs and trails requiring concentration as well.
    Last rest: 29.09

Lyrics: no
  • Nice Bank Holiday long run, Hazel.

Better have that stinker now than on race day, LMH. I understand the confidence issue though.

Chutney sounds lush, ale. And good to have a confirmed diagnosis. Hopefully the biphosphonates work.

You must have needed that sleep, em.

(( Wabo)) that's a difficult time. It's looming over me too. Dad is in hospital for hip replacement. The op has gone well but when I look at him I'm shocked to see how skinny he is :'(
    How old is your other half's dad?

Poppy: good point re. compression gear. I have it but rarely use it.

Happy mini tapering, Dustin.

Cold here too. Eager to start running again so I dressed up in capris, long sleeve merino and beanie. Could have done with gloves!

What: 5 k slow
    Why: easing back into it
    Last hard: dealing with elderly parents
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening

What - Frustrated, body up and down
    Why - Niggles /eating too much and not burning it off.....
    Last Hard - Not feeling it...
    Last Rest Today

Meant to be doing Thruxton 10k on Sunday, looking to run with Miss RFJ, if leg will let me.... if not will run the 5k with Mrs RFJ.... so have options...

Take care all