Friday 4th October 2019 - You can shape the dying day

Morning.

Lyrics - You can shape the dying day

It was definitely a gloves morning here yesterday chicksta. Wet but warmer this morning. The elderly parents (or in my case in laws) stress seems never ending once it starts I'm afraid.

Is your hamstring still niggling RFJ? Sorting your eating when you're feeling generally pants isn't easy. I try to remind myself that actually I feel better for a healthy diet no matter how loudly the chocolate/alcohol/whatever is telling me to have it to 'cheer myself up'.

Nice long run there Hazel.

A wet start to the day but if the Met is to be believed there may be a dry window this morning.

What:           short and easy
Why:            I'll feel worse if i don't
Last hard:    knowing what to do for the best
Last rest:     27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning,

Belated Bank Holiday to Chick and Hazel 

Hazel What a great long run:-)
    LMH: I hope you get a dry window.

RFJ: It is good you have choices for Sunday we have to adapt to how we are feeling especially with illness.Very hard re weight  but hopefully you will feel like eating better.

What: Easy run
    Why: I am up late and everywhere is busy
    Last hard: Getting out of bed
    Lyrics: Nope

We were to have torrential rain and winds but no rain till lunchtime-yay

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Take care, RFJ!

Nice, and interesting, long run, Hazel. 

Pouring here, WP. A guy is supposed to be here to relay the drive shortly!

What: physio late pm so will be going through my exercises and she will want to see me on the a-g treadmill I imagine

Why: where do I start...

Yesterday's chutney was Green Tomato and Courgette. Difficult to post, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chutney Sounds tasty ale

Yesterday's lyrics were Girl on fire Alicia Keys

What: another short walk followed by nurse check up where she may or may not do blood tests depending on whether she is allowed (trouble getting appointment at surgery so no one was sure what they could do!)
    Why: walking is all I'm allowed
    Last hard: it's not easy at the mo
    Lyrics:nope

Sorry I didn't start this morning. No inspiration at 3am

Have a good one all
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    No worries emzap - it can get to be a bit of a chore. Hope you can get your bloods done rather than having it hanging over you. It sounds as though you've come a long way where needles are concerned.

That's a shame Alehouse - I'd like to try it, sounds like an interesting combination. Hope it goes well at he physio and the anti-g doesn't set your hamstring off again.

Drying up here so I should get myself changed and head out soon. Not feeling very enthusiastic but I'm sure I'll feel worse if I don't run.
  • Morning again!

Foul weather here but four guys have arrived to renovate the drive. Good luck to them!

Hope the bloods and the walk get sorted, Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - sounds like a crackerjack of a run!
    LMH - enjoy the shake out, my half is the Basingstoke one, bit hilly but it's only down the road...
    Ale - hope the drive gets sorted...probably not the best day for it!
    Emz - hope it goes well today

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - easing up ahead of Sunday's race
    last rest - 6 days
    last hard - Tuesday
  • Afternoon, errm just as its midday here.

Ale, you could keep the guys working on your drive happy with a nice cup of tea and errm a chutney sarnie? Although if I remember right it needs to rest a bit. Hope the visit to the physio is of help later.

Good luck for Sunday RFJ.

LMH I'm good these days with alcohol and ok with chocolate but the biscuit tin just won.. Did you make it out in the dry?

Hope the rain held off for you too WP.

Hope the tests are not too stressful emzap. I would struggle to find inspiration for anything at 3am.

Nice to have a race available locally Dustin. Does look a bit lumpy, I like the downhill at the end though.

Hope your dad recovers fast from his op Chicksta. How are your post-mara legs?

What: recovery run
    Why: move the legs after yesterday's efforts
    Last rest: 30.09

Lyrics: no

• Hazel - I only usually drink at weekends (unless on holiday or similar) and don't actually eat a lot of chocolate or biscuits - cake is my big downfall or saviour as I'm a bit underweight. It was dry when I set out for my run but didn't stay that way for long unfortunately, mild and still though so it didn't feel too bad. Hope you have a good run.

It sounds as though it would be rude not to Dustin. Hope the weather isn't too bad.

Hope they can sort your drive in the wet Alehouse.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Discovered that my Garmin doesn't count steps when I'm pushing the pram! Bit annoying as I wanted to start tracking my walks!

Chick hope your dad recovers quickly.

Lmh cake here too especially after nearly 4 months without...trying to be good though. Put on 18 kg when pregnant (all bump and swelling) and now only got to lose 6 more to get to pre pregnancy weight, but still probably should cut down on the sugar again...

Dustin when is the half?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    emzap I didnt work the lyrics out yesterday - shoudl have and randomly I have been singing that this morning! have a nice walk
    Dustin enjoy the easy, whats the sunday race
    alehouse , hope the physio goes well, you are a domestic god!!!!
    RFJ, sorry to hear about your frustration but I hope you get a nice run Sunday with mrs RFJ
    LMH hope the easy helped
    WP well done on the run - I really should have done one this morning!!
    Chick oh's dad is 77, he has parkinsons and dementia 
    hazel nice running!!

what: something little later
    why: not done yet and have to go sons this afternoon to help out
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16
    OH is 40 today but as you can imagine he doesn't really want to do anything so I guess a take away is in order
    Have  agood weekend all, shall be running with OH this weekend I think
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I was lucky a dry run 6.7 miles for me pretty windy.

Em: Can you push pram with one hand not the garmin hand...LOL or just turn on the watch as if a run for walk it would give calories burned etc?

Chick Hope Dad is okay?
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzap - you need the arm to move backward and forwards or as Poppy says use the GPS.

Nice to have a dry run Poppy.

Happy Birthday to your toyboy Wabo  :) I hope you can cheer him up a bit.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh lol I'm going to get a gift bag and full it with lots of nice things soon! Just dropping the Reggie boy home to my son! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick hope your dad is ok xx
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Bloods done. Felt a bit faint after but the alphabet trick does help distract me. E choose a topic then go through the alphabet trying to name things. Today's topic was cocktails!

Wabo lovely idea :)