Saturday 5 Oct 2019 - Slip inside the eye of your mind

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Slip inside the eye of your mind

What: hopefully mother and son parkrun volunteering
Why: I'm allowed to. Depends if we are up in time though (I'm a if I turn up volunteer at the moment!
Last hard: thinking of cocktails to name during the blood test!

Any racing this weekend?

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Beat me emzap. 
    I know these lyrics
    Enjoy the park run with Lucas

What I just don't know
    Why keeping eye on oh and family through the most awful days
    Last hard little mile Friday evening
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Oh sleeping up care home next to his dad holding his hand, heart breaking. I'm staying with his mum. On his birthday bless him (oh)

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Stressful day yesterday so didn't manage to post.

Wabo: I was going to say your OH's dad is young but so is your other half.
    Heartbreaking indeed... Dad is 84, so a good deal older and I just have to face facts at some point. He won't be around forever... Right now things are looking ok. He's recovering as well as you can at his age.

Enjoy parkrun, I'm going too. Haven't been for quite some time (bloody marathon training getting in the way).

Will catch up properly later :)
  • Morning

Wishes for Chick and Wabo xx

Em: Good luck volunteering with Lucas ...he will have his own barcode soon....LOL

What: Rest Day
    Why: Came down with something yesterday and feel yuk
    Last hard: Today
    Lyrics: Yes

Race number arrived yesterday  so will ty to nip this in the bud ASAP .I did go out but felt awful so came home and strange aches in quad.Hopefully I can get out for a walk evenif too village.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Chase The Night Away by Keane.

I feel for you Wabo. So hard to watch our loved ones suffer. I'm sure that your support is appreciated. Don't forget to look after you too.

chicksta - good to hear that your dad is recovering well but yes, I think we're all getting to the age where aged parents (or in laws) are a worry.

emzap - hope you get out and about whether that's parkrun volunteering or not. Dustin has a HM on Sunday.

I don't like these dark mornings and the evenings are drawing in so quickly. It's not just the weather that's depressing at this time of year. We are however forecast a dry if grey day with the rain coming in late afternoon so I may manage a dry run.

What:         short and easy
    Why:           it makes me feel better
    Last hard:   finding any running form this year
    Last rest:    27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Poppy hope you manage to nip it! 
    I'm also feeling a cold or something trying to come out
    Lmh enjoy the short and easy, you've certainly had a tough time x
    Chick, my mum 88 I know what you mean have been through it but of Late she's really good (got a Cold now but ok). Glad your dad is picking up. Yes oh is very young! I'm a cougar apparently 🙄
    All run well whatever you do today I will no doubt squeeze in a tiny run which is just as well as in fighting off something 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Thoughts with lots of you!

Lyrics: yes. Local band and local anthem!

What: fitness suite d&d

Why: wanted to get back in time to watch the rugby. Supermarket d&d also!

Physio report: after various tests my weak glutes and hamstrings have led to problems with my left adductor, so yet more exercises to do. Not to run but can use the a-g treadmill, and did. Low bodyweight and just 15 mins. Better than nothing. Currently it is all about trying to preserve as much fitness  as I can.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Social parkrun with a buddy and her 6 year old in 29 something. Man, but those kids are keen! A 13 year old won today in 20 mins. Parkrun is just such a brilliant thing for people of all ages.

Seems like a bit of a never-ending story,  ale. At least you have access to the anti g treadmill.

Sorry to hear you're poorly, poppy.

I hope it will all come together for you on the day, LMH. Agree on the short days. And it's cooled down so fast this year! We're down too low single figures now.

I ran in capris, a long sleeve merino, buff, beanie and a lightweight windbreaking vest and was still cold!

Unfortunately dad slipped in the bathroom this morning. Hip seems to be ok but they're going to xray his ribs now :open_mouth:

• Ouch for your dad Chicksta - hope he is ok.  Bashed ribs hurt.    

Well done to surviving the blood tests emzap.  Enjoy that cake.  Did you make it to parkrun?

Belated happy birthday to your OH wabo.  Difficult times for you and your family.

Get well soon WP.

Good luck for tomorrow Dustin.

Hope the adductor is the end of the knock-on issues Ale.  

Agree on the shorter days LMH - definitely makes it harder to get up in the mornings.

What: some miles with strides
    Why: finish off a week with decent mileage before going on holiday tomorrow
    Last hard: looking at the forecast for said holiday and not catching OH's cold he has just gone down with
    Last rest: 30.09.

Lyrics:no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Parkrun duty done. 2 shoes lost in the mud near the start :joy: (runners' not mine!) it's not named one of the hardest in the UK for nothing!

Chick hope your dad is ok. Sounds nasty

Ale sorry to hear the physio has given you yet more exercises.

Wabo enjoy your run
  • Hope your dad is ok chicksta.

Unfortunately I can't sleep Hazel - waking up about 0400hrs at the minute. Hope you avoid the cold and enjoy the holiday - where are you going?

At least you can run on the anti-g Alehouse. Are you able to use the rower or a Watt bike (or similar)?

Glad you made parkrun emzap.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • No running to report here.
    Topping up cpd points at Olympia, Kensington and meeting up with some siblings.
    Last 3 days were rest although there was a pre conference yoga session on both days.
    Hides head in shame  ... no, until I googled after AH's comment

Flying home tomorrow.