Sunday 6 Oct 2019 - There's no mistake I smell that smell

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
There's no mistake
I smell that smell

Yesterday was Don't look back in anger - Oasis

Was hoping for a walk but listening to the rain I'm not so sure!

Good luck Dustin

Stay dry all!

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you have a good one Dustin.

Safe journey home OH.

We are forecast a dry bit later this morning emzap - hopefully you'll get it and be bale to get out too.

I'm not sure what to do in these last two weeks. I wish I could work out why my running is so rubbish this year but the only obvious things are more stress and less weight. I'm planning to go dairy free for the last week in the hope that might help with my stomach issues and am toying with the idea of less miles and maybe more effort than usual in the taper but really I'm clueless.

What:          a run of some sort
    Why:           I feel better when I run
    Last hard:   working out what's gone wrong
    Last rest:    27/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Dustin : Go well today and enjoy post race cake later :)

Another day with no run but just back from 3 mile walk to blow the cobwebs away dry day here.Lets hope I feel better tomorrow!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

LMH: I would say get lots of sleep (!), lots of water and cut right back on the running! A dairy free week may help. Lots of carbs in the last few day I would guess. 

Emz: glad you got to parkrun and hope your weather is ok for a walk today. Didn't see Lucas in the volunteer list!

OH: London sounds good! Fly well!

Hazel: enjoy the holiday!

Hope dad is OK, Chick!

I won't mention Spurs, Wabo

Enjoy your races, RFJ/Dustin!

What: fitness suite

Why: only option

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • LOL - I always eat LOTS of carbs Alehouse  :)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

I have had a wonderful weekend of running, (aided by loads of KT tape - which has worked),

A good progressive parkrun yesterday to complete no 489, improving on recent weeks along with some good subsidence on the injury front in 24:28 and 94th place.....

Followed that up with our 29th anniversary today, what better way than to run Thruxton 5K (Mrs RFJ) and 10k Jnr, Miss RFJ) I ran round with Miss RFJ and loved it, got battered by the wind and raises of the circuit.... pic taken by a firend at the end of the first lap of us together.... A good bit of mojo gained today (PS 56:15, but just loved running together for the first time in a race... :-) )

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Rfj glad you managed to do the 10km and with your daughter, how lovely.

Ale haven't got him a bar code yet! 

Lmh do you think you may have a dairy intolerance too then? Would be a real pain on top of your gluten allergy.  Also, you've had such a tough year I'm not surprised your running is suffering a little, despite it being incredibly frustrating for you 

Managed a very little walk (2km or so I'd guess) but I am exhausted. Nurse on Friday did say I may be overdoing it a little... But I'm so frustrated at taking it easy!

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It's really good to hear that you have had such a nice weekend RFJ.

Not really emzap but apparently cutting out the dairy can help with running GI issues so it has to be worth a try. I know that I can't have much fat, rich or greasy food is very not good for me and quite a small amount of fresh cream makes me quite sick very quickly. I usually have non dairy milk anyway as I prefer the taste  so it's just cheese and yoghurt really. I always switch to a lower fibre diet for a few days before a marathon and since the first GI trouble at Robin Hood marathon in 2017 I take Imodium an hour before I race but that doesn't seem to be working any more. If anyone has any other ideas of things which might help I'm open to suggestions. What made the nurse say that you might be overdoing it?  I would have thought they'd encourage some gentle exercise though if you're feeling that tired I'm surprised you feel like doing it anyway.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I think overdoing it is my norm lmh! Head wants to go out and walk far, my body says no much sooner than my head is ready :lol:. Won't go into details regarding nurse, but let's just say things aren't progressing quite as they should be and it's an indication of overdoing it...

Not sure what to suggest re gi issues. Sounds like you're doing all the right things though.
  • Great news RFJ.  Nice pic - thanks! That is a lot of parkruns.

Just wondering about the lyrics emzap, did Lucas provide inspiration for those? :D

No food advice on offer I'm afraid LMH. Sorry.

Good you could get out for a walk at least WP.

Hope Dustin had a good race and OH travelled well.

What: rest day
    Why: travel to Davos (staying here for one and a half weeks, then a few days in Meran)
    Last hard: finding an appropriate fuse for the appartment we are staying in on Sunday afternoon (supermarket fortunately open and had some, otherwise candles would have been necessary)
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Oh dear - that doesn't sound like a great start to your holiday Hazel - glad you were able to sort it. I hope you have a lovely time.

If you want a moan feel free to mail emzap. I'm quite familiar with the body not being able/wanting to do what the head thinks it should!

Hope you're feeling better Poppy. Glad you were able to manage a walk today at least, I know it makes me feel better to get out.
  • Lovely to hear you had such a great running day, RFJ.

Can't think of anything more you could improve, LMH other than perhaps try two imodiums?
    Don't underestimate the emotional stress you've been under.
    The lack of sleep obviously doesn't help. It's been affecting my training massively too

Hope Dustin had a good one.

Take it easy, em.

Oh dear, Hazel. Luckily you didn't arrive in the dark ;)

Been to visit dad who's had a lucky escape. No repercussions from the fall 🤞

What: 5 miles slow
    Why: gorgeous day/can't run fast
    Last hard: worrying about dad
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: I think so