Morning.

Lyrics - Everyone's got a combination
             If you put in the time

We are forecast a wet day - I don't like winter :-(

What:           short and easy/maybe gym later
Why:            tapering/weekly visit
Last hard:    knowing what to do for the best
Last rest:      27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Morning!

Sorry Wabo, but LMH got the lyrics up first! Not that I know them.

Thoughts with you, obviously, Wabo. 

What: have a-g treadmill booked

Why: only way I can run

Dentist first.

Weather foul at present. Hope it improves so that my drive gets finished.

Well done yesterday, Team RFJ!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Thoughts are with you and yours Wabo.

It's not looking good for any sustained dry periods here Alehouse. I was soaked on my run.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Happy holidays Hazel, but it could have got off to a better start!
    Glad Park Run duties / runs were complete: Emz, Chick , RFJ
    OH - enjoy the catching up
    Ale - ouch, more stretches , less running, not my idea of fun...
    LmH - I'm possibly the last person to ask nutritional advice from....but hope you find a solution that works!
    RFJ - well done on the family racing yesterday

What - easy recovery
    Why - Basingstoke HalfM yesterday. Despite warnings of strong winds and heavy rain we woke to cloudless skies, nothing more than a light breeze and brilliant sunshine!
    Not my finest run, but given hit and miss training, various knee/glute niggles and general lethargy, just about broke 1:40. It's a bumpy course so a few minutes slower than a flatter race, but I'm usually a minute either side of 1:35. Gave me the kick up the backside I probably needed...The pleasing point is that despite feeling tired, the pace didn't drop over the closing miles.
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - yesterday.

Anyone know why Jamaica were reinstated in the women's 4x4 when they clearly didn't line up properly on the changeover....
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    No Dustin, I was also wondering the same. Well done yesterday as well.

Hazel ha didn't think of that when setting the lyrics! They were local boy in the photograph stereophonics.

Lmh sorry to hear you got so wet!

Wabo hugs and thoughts are with you and your oh.

Chick glad your dad is ok.

What: having some baby friends over (with the mums!) And hoping to get out for a walk later
    Why; trying to have some semblance of a social life/depends when council comes to collect sofa as to when I'll get out/weather
    Last hard: getting Lucas to settle, he's being really fussy after feeds last night and today
    Lyrics: nope

Made a tasty chocolate cake this morning for my guests :)

Have a lovely day all
  • Afternoon!

Enjoy the cake, visitors and walk, Emz!

Well done yesterday, Dustin! Re Jamaica, there were some strange track refereeing decisions at the Worlds, not least the Ingebrigsten thumping incident! I suspect Jamaica were re-instated because they gained no significant advantage that affected the race.

What: A-g treadmill after a reasonable amount of stretching: 
    5 mins @ 80%, easy pace
    15 mins @ 85%, progressive
    5 @ 90% progressive
    5 @ 85% 5, easy pace
    5.16 miles = 8.3k in exactly 30 minutes

No issues at the time...

Why: nearest thing to real running

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear the weather is so foul where some of you are. Most beautiful autumn weather here. Freezing fog this morning soon gave way to a perfectly still day with brilliant blue skies.

Speedy running on the anti-g tready, ale.

Well done, Dustin. I'd kill for a 1:40 half at the mo.

Enjoy your mum and baby circle, em. Are you allowed to eat cake again?

Most of the world champs was pretty shambolic... I really feel for the athletes.

Hugs to wabo and family.

What: 7 miles
    Why: too nice not to although my legs felt a bit dead
    Last hard: sleeping - awake between 1 and 4 am
    Last rest: Wednesday
    Lyrics: yes
  • I wonder why your legs might be a bit tired chicksta........... I'm definitely giving two Imodium a go before York (at least).

Sounds as though there's nothing wrong with your endurance Dustin and you hadn't targeted it as a  race had you?

Better than not running Alehouse. Hope there are no repercussions.

Arrived home to find my VLM acceptance magazine waiting for me.

Hope you enjoyed the get together and made it out for a walk emzap.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Ale - Possibly but they were in clear breach of the rule that says they line up in the order the team is at the 200m point (GB 2nd , Jamaica 4th). Rule 170.20 if you care.
    I would suggest too that if GB had taken the inside line, and Jamaica forced wider, we MAY have made up the deficit so I do believe they gained an advantage. 
    I've seen teams DQd in the Southern athletics leagues for this , advantage or otherwise immaterial.
    Oh and good work on the AG T/M

LmH - not a target no. I've set my mind on a sub 90 now at Fleet (March).
    Why do we do this to ourselves...???

• Dustin, re the relay, I would certainly have expected Jamaica to have been disqualified and certainly would have been in league matches; I was just wondering about the only possible justification for the reinstatement. And roll on Fleet! Winter will have hopefully disappeared!

Yes, Chick, remind us how many days ago you ran a marathon...

And hope you are backing off, LMH! 
  • That sounds like a good target Dustin.

I am Alehouse. How's everything feeling?

Couldn't motivate myself out to the gym this afternoon so that will now need to happen tomorrow all being well.

Anyone else waiting on a VLM place?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Can't remember if I entered vlm! Will have to wait and see!

Baby and cake successful but Luke very unsettled today so walk not yet done (and it's raining!).

• Afternoon again!

I thought the main point of the walk was to settle young babies! I remember walking around the village at 5 in the morning trying to do just that!

I won't say how everything feels until tomorrow, LMH

Meant to say that the purpose of the dentist visit was to check whether I need anything major doing before I start on the bisphosphonates for the osteoporosis. Unfortunately I have to have the roots of a molar removed on Thursday: I knew it was going to have to come out at some stage but it has now become more urgent. Not looking forward to that! 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Feel bad walking the streets with a screaming child ale!
  • Wouldn't worry about it Emz! And the rocking motion will probably send him to sleep!
  • I agree with Alehouse emzap - taking him out for a walk will hopefully settle him.

Sorry to hear that Alehouse. Hope all is well tomorrow.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    We walked 8km. He was quiet after one or so. Then we got home and the crying started again! I've just finished lunch!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Mile done and dusted
    Situation same we're all sleep deprived
    Hope all is good with everyone x
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Evening.

((Wabo and family))

Ouch Ale. Sounds nasty.  Hope that is dealt with swiftly. How is the drive? Swift running on the anti-g.

I wouldn't worry about being out with a screaming baby emzap,  doesn't sound easy.  Good you had some distraction earlier.

Well done Dustin!

Maybe drop the gym session LMH?

Nice use of a nice day Chicksta but also not surprised your legs are still tired.

Did watch the relays but didn't pick up on the issue.

What: 5 miles run before breakfast including a lap around the local lake. Later a longish hike with OH.
    Why: doing reduced holiday miles and cross-training.
    Last hard: staying warm, low single figures and waiting for a train for 45mins didn't mix well post hike despite warm jacket, hat and gloves.
    Last rest: yesterday.

Lyrics: no