Wednesday 9th October 2019 - There's a world where I can go and tell my secrets to

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
There's a world where I can go and tell my secrets to

Yesterday was Rubber Bullets 10 cc

What: walking
Why: all I can do
Last hard: feeding Lucas

Wabo how are you?
Lmh sounds sensible to take advantage of the weather
Rfj sorry to hear about your uncle

Have a lovely day

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Morning emzap
    I'm struggling tbh. Now thinking about work and all the other stuff I need to do. I've been in this room almost the whole time since Saturday morning.  Only getting out to do mile runs and errands. I think I'll shoot to work at some point today and my daughter's. 
    Need to. 
    What bit of a run, bit of work, bit of my family
    Why I need to
    Last hard you know
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have good day all, I'm hoping this wonderful man can find  peace today.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

20/10 Wabo? Mark hasn't heard about VLM yet - word is the emails go out and Realbuzz is updated today. I think taking some time out is a good idea. You are doing a great job of being there for and supporting your OH but you need to look after yourself too. 

I winced reading that emzap and I don't have any children! Hope you heal quickly. Don't diss the walking 'all I can do' I think it's a great way of staying as fit as you can, keeping your muscles etc conditioned, sorting your stress - you celebrate what you are managing to do!

Glad the day went well RFJ.

I had a bit of a rougher night than usual, woke around 0100hrs coughing and ended up getting up for some cough mix to settle it. Have a sore throat this morning and RHR is up a little so it will be a very short and easy run this morning.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            see above
    Last hard:    tapering
    Last rest:     27/7

Lyrics - no and I didn't know yesterday's.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Wabo - more hugs coming in your direction but as LMH says, you need to look after yourself too.
    EMZ - You're doing so well and here's hoping things get a little easier with Lucas. Anything you can do is better than what most people manage so don't overthink it
    RFJ - glad the send off went well
    LmH - make sure it is easy today!

What - easy lunchtime, coaching village group tonight
    Why - recovery, routine. Trained last night, not full out but felt remarkably more sprightly than I had any real right to. Reps including w/u, c/d & recoveries all came in under 8 m/m
    last rest - 28/09
    last hard - yesterday

• Morning!

Not easy, Wabo

Don't rush things, Emz! You are doing well! At what point can you start to do stretches/exercises?

Take it very easy, LMH! Be well on that start line and if it means no running between now and then you will have lost zero fitness!

Lyrics: not today

What: a stretches and strengthening day

Why: being sensible

Drive is finished. Now got to sort the front garden, e.g. reinstate borders and re-turf the lawn. And pay for the drive!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh I thought York was 20/10
    Thanks again everyone
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    ((wabo))

Ale need the all clear from doc at 6 week check up...so another 3 to go...
  • Yes you're right Wabo, it is. I wasn't sure what you were referring to - I'm easily confused. I hope that today is a better one.

Running for my head more than my legs Alehouse. Even a few (and it might only be four this morning) miles seem to make the day better.

That was a good pace so soon after your race Dustin.

You're half way there (hopefully) emzap.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    it would appear I will be doing a spring marathon after all....
  • The one on 26/4/20 I presume, Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Oh dear I just lost long message!!

Dustin: Congratulations :)

Em: How is little Lucas after the tongue snip? You are doing so well it is only three weeks!Look after yourself xx

Wabo: Hugs at this time xx

Ah the will I /won't I be in for London drama :D

What:4.5 easy/4 miles a little faster
    Why: Because/GSR
    Last hard: Virus and tiredness
    Lyrics:Nope but I got yesterday's

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Yay Dustin! I'm waiting for Mark to come home and find out.
  • 9 mile undulating off road yesterday.
    Track at 6pm today
    (Sump cover back on this morning after engine flush and oil change for VW T4 van)
    Running just plodding along.
    Intermittent eed oil warning.
    Last hard: locating oil filter (Hanes manuals and chocolate teapots) - hidden above drive shaft with plate to hide it from view!
    Last rest: not currently doing rest.
    Lyrics no (and would not have known yesterday's either, even with AH's hint)
  • Evening

Missed posting yesterday.

((Wabo)).

Sorry to hear about your loss RFJ.

Good news Ale, hope that both the legs and the garden progress quickly.

Poor Lucas regarding the tongue snip emzap.  Hope the feeding improves for you as well now! Those 3 weeks will go fast.

Where are you going in Bavaria Chicksta? Enjoy the beer! (Mtbing and hiking also of course).

Grr regarding the shower LMH. Careful with that throat! Any news for Mark?

Congratulations on your VLM place Dustin!

Good your van is fixed OH.

What: 14 miles before bad weather rolled in at lunchtime
    Why: nothing special planned due to the weather / wanted to rerun a section of an alpine mara I did a couple of years ago (500m gentle ascent up a valley to the base of the first pass)
    Last hard: that was after hilly hiking yesterday, kept the effort level down though and really enjoyed it.
    Last rest: yesterday (runningwise)

Lyrics: no
  • It's a no for Mark.

Any races planned OH?

It sounds as though you made the most of the day despite the weather Hazel. What are your thoughts about the HM now?
  • Congrats, Dustin.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather, LMH and poppy.

That's such difficult time for you and your other half, wabo

Sounds like a great run, Hazel.

We're off on Saturday for two weeks, going to Bad Reichenhall.

Glad Lucas is sorted, Em. Hope the pain is gradually getting less.

Sorry to hear about your loss, RFJ.

Car stuff sounds too complicated for me, OH.

What: 5 miles on the TM
    Why: foul weather
    Last hard: terrorist attack (probably Nazis) on a synagogue in Halle. Today is Yom Kippur :'(
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I think poor little Lucas is a bit shell shocked from yesterday, we have not had a good afternoon!

Healing vibes to all who are ill.

Chick, horrible.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just popping in to say oh's dad passed away after hanging on so tough, today at 16.45
    Peace
    I didn't get in vlm which was a bit of a shame I would have run it for John but never mind
    Night night
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Did my mile, bloody hard
  • Hard to do...or you ran hard? We would all understand either. A sad and difficult time. I'm sure you were a great help to the family, and it is indeed a shame that you can't do VLM in John's memory. I'm sure you will find something else instead.