2019 in 2019

Comments

• Welcome, OYM

Not much to report here due to a niggling hamstring. 

790 to go: the KTM Duke 790 is a motorbike. Never been a fan of motorbikes!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Welcome OYM

1254.83 miles done, 764.17 to go.

However 2019.453 kilometers completed, so that's the ks out of the way

In 2019
    Brexit is dominating the headlines, will be interesting to see how it ends up..
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Dubai Runner, probably the most ‘exotic’ car I’ve owned is a Caterham 7 that I built myself.  Sold it about 5 years ago though so my car these days is a Pug 207 :)

Welcome OYM.

1210 miles done with 809 to go, after a bit of a lower mileage week for me (41 miles).

A bit of an obscure one for me, as I know nothing about this. But, apparently, the famous Technics SL-1210 series of club-use turntables has long been recognised by the world’s DJs as being without rival. 

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    A good week running: 668 km to go which is going down nicely. Booked a two week cycling holiday for December so I have fewer weeks to do this than I thought. 

The 50 mile walk (which ended up being nearer 60 with transport) was from York Minster to Beverley Minster. Great weather, good company and fabulously organised. 

668 is the number of the Richmond to Windsor bus route.
  • Big G, wow a Caterham 7, lovely car, must have been lots of fun! Dropped my wife's Alfa Stelvio off for a service this morning and was very tempted to take a 4C for a test drive, except that I'm 6'2 and tried a Lotus before and that was far too tight.

Not a lot of running recently as we've been moving villas, I now know my wife has over 100 pairs of shoes!!!

1275 mile done with 744 to go...

In 1275
    Marco Polo visits Xanadu, Kublai Khans summer capital - and now got the Frankie goes to Hollywood song going round in my head
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    What a fabulous week for running! Dubai runner 100 pairs of shoes is a lot, does it include the trainers??

67km so 601km to go. If I had realised I might have done an extra km this morning......

601 the year the plow was invented and also the number of a communication satellite designed in 1985. 
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Not a great week for me, with only 17 miles ran.  I've got one or two niggles that I think just need a bit of rest and stretching, so not running today either.

1227 done, with 792 to go.  Although the original Magna Carta was originally drafted in 1215, 1227 saw Henry III reissue a revised/shortened version which was the first to become part of English law.
  • TT it's my wife, I think she only has 2 pairs of trainers!
  • 1300 miles done so 719 miles to go.

In 1300
    Amsterdam is officially declared a city and a census in China finds it has 60 million inhabitants.
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    I did 41 miles last week, which also included a run around Berlin Marathon and in the circumstances I was really pleased with my time.  I found it a brilliant event.

That leaves me on 1269 with 750 to go.  For the gin drinkers, an early Dutch natural history book (“Der Naturen Bloeme”, or the “flower” of nature) includes a chapter on medicinal herbs, including juniper, as it was thought to have healing properties.
  • Will pass 2019k shortly. Not sure about 2019 miles though
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    49 miles last week, including Loch Ness Marathon, which is a great event.  We were very lucky with the weather in the end, although conditions before the start were bad (wet and cold).  Once it got underway though, it was quite good conditions.  I was having a bit of a hip niggle in the week which did impact my race, so I think this week will be a bit lower mileage.

1317 done, with 702 miles to go.  The Great Famine of 1315–1317 was the first of a series of large-scale crises that struck Europe early in the 14th century.

12 weeks to go so that means 58 miles per week, which I think I have to concede just isn't going to happen!  I'll keep pugging away though.
  • Well done Big G on Loch Ness, would be one I'd like to do.

Signed up for the Kathmandu marathon in December so with summer coming to an end will hopefully be upping the mileage.

1365 miles to date with 654 to go.

In 1365
    The university of Vienna is founded

• 1421 miles with 598 to go

In 1421
    Zheng He receives an imperial order from the emperor to bring letters and silk to the rulers around the Indian Ocean. He was a Chinese explorer and there's a very nice Chinese restaurant in the Jumeirah chain of hotels named after him

• 6 days of no running as wasn't feeling great, better now and entered Comrades for next year.

1434 miles done with 585 to go.

In 1434
    The foundation stone of Nantes cathedral is laid.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    In awe Dubai runner, well done for all the running I gather you needed to do to enter. I hope you're feeling better?

Not been a good few weeks, deaths in the family and running took a back seat.

I have 509 km to go. Whether I manage it or not well, at the moment I would be pleased with a run!

509 telephone code for 2/3 of eastern Washington.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    57 km, amazing! None fast and none pretty but all highly enjoyable. Looking now to 2020 to see about possible goals. One friend has just competed the majors, by GFAing for all of them! Now that's a challenge.

452 to go, 

452 is the error code of BMW to indicate a blocked DPF.
  • Looks like it is going to be a close run thing for a lot of people! Won't even be close here, unfortunately: still struggling post sacrum fracture. 

1340 completed, 889k to go. In 1340 Edward III of England was declared King of France. 

Go for it everyone! 50 days to go!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    70km, wow it is so good to run again. We are very wet here so pretending to be a duck is very helpful!

382 to go.

382 is the number of a series of bulbs for cars.
  • Sorry to hear you're still on the injury bench.

TT glad you're back at it.

1514 miles completed, so 505 to go, or 11.75 a day. Will be upping the mileage over the next few weeks as I've got the Kathmandu marathon on 21 Dec.

In 1514
    Thomas Wolsey is appointed Archbishop of York
  • Need a few big weeks, DR! I need 6 massive weeks, which is most unlikely. Did clock 10k today, the longest run since July 1st. 

652km to go, 1367 completed. In 1367 both Richard II and Henry IV of England were born.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    How is everyone? Managed 48km this week, so slightly fewer km but been walking, and out for lunch a few times!

334 to go, might do it, might not, all depends on that schedule.

334 is a book written in 1972 about life in NY in 2025. Pondering how accurate it is?
  • Well done, TT! Just over 60k a week and you will do it! Worth getting a couple of bigger weeks in! 

I won't, of course, make anywhere near the 2019. However will keep on keeping on so that I am in a position to have a go at 2020.

1394k completed, so 625 to go. 

A TV with 625 lines was revolutionary technology in 1969 with the advent of colour television; most TV sets remained 405 lines though until colour television was more affordable. 
  • 1578 miles done, 441 to go - not likely

In 1578
    Sonam Gyrso receives from Prince Atlan Khan the title of Talai and becomes the third Dalai Lama of Tibet. Tibet is on my bucket list.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    69km this week, leaves 265. Had four weeks of what I would call normal running.  Nearly all of it on the treadmill as the water has now turned to ice! Friend went out running and lost their trainer in the mud, did find it eventually.

265 is the number of a truck crane. 
  • Hope you get a decent December in,TT! Getting close to the target! A few more big weeks please!
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    A fantastic week! Managed every scheduled run, which I think is the third week this year I have done that! 85km. Slowed down and done more. Started marathon training today, Seville is the aim. My aim now is to have a good December to start 2020 in a positive position.

So 180km to go. As I think all will know 180 is the highest score in darts. 
  • 21-mile charity run today with a group from our village for a local 8-year-old boy who needs to go to America for cancer treatment :-(

2008 miles down, 11 miles to my 2019 target.

If anyone wants to donate to the fund my Just Giving page is https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/emma-wild-3?utm_term=MrQyywRaW

Many thanks
  • Going well, TT! Another big week? 

And well done and welcome, Emma! Stick around for the 2020 version!

Only 1455k here and will struggle to make the 1000 miles/1609.xx km! In 1455 the Gutenberg Bible was published, the first book printed with movable type.

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    How's it going alehouse? Any closer to the 1000 miles?

Another solid week: 83km so 97km to go. Even with my rest week over Christmas it should be doable! Still on the treadmill as the weather is not good!

Signed up for the Seville marathon, booked flights and hotel so I am going. Aim for 2020, get to the start line of the races/sportives I sign up for.

97 is a Nike trainer and also the 25th prime number.