Brooks - Customer Service Issues

I ordered a couple of pairs of their shoes direct from their website. 
Under the 90 day trial guarantee i returned 1 pair, no problem printing postage label, tracked, and received back to them over 2 weeks ago. 

Yet I've heard nothing since, no email, no refund.

I completed the online contact form - no response.
I call the telephone number on their website - no answer, just rings out.
I send a Facebook message - not read.
I send a message via twitter - not read.
I send an email - no reply. 

I love the shoes, have now 3 differing pairs This is the first time I've had to use customer service and i'm beginning to regret having anything to do with them to be honest.

Anyone else experienced anything like this with them, or have any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks

Comments

• Typically, just after posting this I receive an email from them - 

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We have experienced a significant influx in queries over the last couple of weeks and it is taking some time making our way through them.

We are currently experiencing a technical system issue with our payment vendor which is delaying refunds being fully processed. This has affected orders placed before the 07/08/2019 and unfortunately your order is one of the ones affected. I can confirm that we have received the shoes back and we hope to have your refund cleared by our payment vendor by the end of the week at the latest.

• GradgeGradge ✭✭✭
    Answer is buy from a real running shop!
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Gradge said:
    Answer is buy from a real running shop!
    Or an independent online retailer that would, no doubt, be significantly cheaper.
  • The reason i went with them direct is the 90 day free trial, free returns, full refund. 
    It all got sorted satisfactory in the end.

I did go to running shops prior, but a few minutes on a treadmill is all i could given as a test run, for same price as buying direct with no quibble 90 day trial.

I agree indie online retailer would be cheaper, although only for buying tried and tested shoes, as their returns will be a lot stricter.

Great it all got sorted, and coincidently i did then go on and buy the shoes from an online retailer at a cheaper price and very happy with the shoes. 

Got Ghost's and Glycerin's for road, and Cascadia for parkruns. 
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    The reason i went with them direct is the 90 day free trial, free returns, full refund. 
    It all got sorted satisfactory in the end.

I did go to running shops prior, but a few minutes on a treadmill is all i could given as a test run, for same price as buying direct with no quibble 90 day trial.

I agree indie online retailer would be cheaper, although only for buying tried and tested shoes, as their returns will be a lot stricter.

Great it all got sorted, and coincidently i did then go on and buy the shoes from an online retailer at a cheaper price and very happy with the shoes.
    Fairy nuff.