Saturday 12 October 2019 - They paved paradise And put up a parking lot

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Yesterday was you've got a friend James Taylor and Carol King

What: hoping to walk parkrun
Why: I've been walking more than that anyway and I can always stop after one lap
Last hard: I'm up an hour early, hope that doesn't signify an extra feed...I need some sleep!

Lovely pic oh

Comments

• Morning.

That's beautiful OH - a long time without a swim for you.

Pushing Lucas emzap? Forecast is good here, hope you can get there and enjoy.

How does everything feel this morning Alehouse?

What:          short and easy
    Why:           taper
    Last hard:   tapering
    Last rest:    27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Morning
    Emzap hope you get to walk there v while thing but it's a good  place to start, have a good day
    Lmh enjoy the short and  easy
    Lyrics oh yes, a fave
    What maybe 3 miles in a moment
    Why get it done before I take charge of the kiddies
    Last hard yesterday evening
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Run with son went very well
    Now this morning I will take the my granddaughters Lyla and to Cleo to their ballet classes
    Fun

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Hope you enjoy the parkwalk, Emz!

Enjoy the dancing, Wabo, and the run of course. 

Just been watching some of Eliud Kipchoge's sub 2 hour marathon attempt; about ten seconds inside with around 10k to go. 

What: may try a few sections of running whilst helping at xc

Why: doesn't seem to be any reaction to yesterday's running. Seems as if it is going to be quite a pleasant day, but the course has had to be changed as a fair amount is under water.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 1:59:40.2 for a marathon, anyone?!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Amazing marathoning!

Walked parkrun in around 47 min. My hubby and Lucas joined me for the second lap. They had the cheek to ask me at the finish funnel whether I'd actually done it...!
  • Well done Emz! Onwards and upwards!
  • I watched the whole marathon totally amazing and very inspirational!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Well done emzap.

Good news Alehouse - don't push it too soon though.

I watched the last twenty minutes. Interesting. Proves it can be done but I wonder how long we'll have to wait for it to happen in real life?
  • Long run in wind and wet (West coast of Orkney) 20 miles including commutes from bus stop. Made the bus back with about 5 minutes to spare (next one 3h40 later!)
    Why: Glen Ogle 33 on 2 November.
    Last hard today (and was slow)
    Lyrics no
  • Evening! Or is it still afternoon?

What: 2.1k in short sections at cross country

Why: progress, of sorts. And no, I won't be pushing it too soon, LMH! Looking at my training log I last ran "properly" on August 18th, and a few runs had been compromised before that. If nothing gets in the way I imagine it will be as long again until I am back into any sort of real training. Weight gain (over half as stone) won't help, and in fact that means I am almost a stone over the weight I was targeting for the end of October. Onwards and upwards I hope, though! Will see what reaction there is tomorrow.

And I wonder how long it is before there is a "real" sub 2 marathon. When the 4 minute mile was broken it showed it could be done and quickly became reasonably common; I wonder if the same will happen with the marathon.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I said exactly the same to my hubby ale. I guess we shall see, maybe in a spring marathon...
  • And me to Mark..............

Sounds promising Alehouse. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Did you run twenty miles out from home then OH?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Cross post, OH! That is a fair old long run and in some ways sounds harder than Glen Ogle itself!

No rush, Emz! Personally I think a spring marathon would be too soon; next autumn perhaps which would mean you had the lighter days to train in. One step at a time, like me! Don't run before you can walk etc etc!

And your toes, LMH!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I meant for the sub 2 ale, not for me to run a spring marathon :)
  • Oh, Emz! Misunderstood! 
  •  LMH: Bus to Stromness. Run 19 miles along west coast to Birsay. Bus back to Kirkwall.