Racing shoe for over pronator

Hi,

I've suffered a lot over the years with injuries, a lot being over pronation. They've generally become pretty well managed the last few years and I've ran exclusively in Brooks gts which have been ever reliable. I'm just wondering if when racing over short distance there is a less bulky shoe for over pronation? Or is it safer to stick with the gts? 

Comments

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    For the amount of time you are actually racing it is extremely unlikely you will pick up an injury using neutral shoes for those sessions. I am not aware of a racing shoe that isn't neutral, I couldn't see a great deal of demand for it.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    I overpronate too, but I run in asics nimbus - I'm a fan of running in whatever feels comfortable and seems to work, rather than picking a shoe purely because it supposedly is right for your presumed biomechanics.

I use the asics ds trainer for speedwork and races up to about 10k - it's apparently lightweight but with some stability for overpronaters. 

Never used brooks before, so not sure how they compare I'm afraid. Might be worth trying pair or two in a local shop if they have a treadmill maybe, see what feels OK. Any brand of lightweight shoe will feel harder than cushioned shoes and can take a bit of getting used to. 

Of course, if you're happy with your current shoes and times, there's no reason you have to change