Wednesday 16th October 2019 - Every street is dark

Morning.

Lyrics - Every street is dark
             And folding out mysteriously

Lovely colours chicksta. Glad you were ok to ride and run yesterday.

I am not enjoying these short days - nor the weather, more rain this morning <<sigh>>

What:            short and easy
Why:             taper
Last hard:     tapering
Last rest:      27/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

LMH first to start the thread...by seconds!

Lyrics: neither

What: short run/walk or fitness suite

Why: see how I feel and what the weather is like after work

Back later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    What: hope a short walk
    Why: tired/weather dependent
    Last hard: sleeping

Beautiful photos chick. Hope you're getting some good weather. Friend in Romania sent me a photo of her car thermometer yesterday, 32°C!

Have a great day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    I ran 3+ miles alone last night, chatted to son and talked him into a rest!
    LMH I don't have any specific races but plenty of club ones over the coming months.  Scared  to pay out and not be able to do!! Hope you feel ok today 
    Chick love the photos
    alehouse enjoy the run/walk and fitness
    Emzap  Enjoy the short walk, hope you managed one

what: just under 2 miles this morning
    why: run with son later
    last hard this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

Spookily my son suggested what I was going to suggest.  Our run is the length of a small pitch so we run one length turn and walk etc etc.  My shins ached a bit last night and I thought that the way we are running is not ideal.  I thought  (and he suggested) trying to go the whole lap of this field (its a park run loop) and he can run walk until he does the whole 1.1 mile without stopping.  How nice is it to encourage and see someone starting to get into it?
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Track later, work just now
    Lyrics no
  • Brilliant,  Wabo 👏

Blimey em, 32 degrees in October! We had low 20s the last couple of days which is ideal hiking/cycling weather.

With you on the short days,  LMH. That's one of the downsides of an October holiday. It's still dark at 7am and gets dark at 7pm.

Nearly made today a rest day as I'm aching everywhere. Not used to all that hilly running and cycling but it was at such a lovely morning that I ended up doing a little over 5 miles.
  • That's so nice Wabo.

I would love 32C.

I was thinking about this today chicksta as of course when we go to Florida in October (and it's going to be November this year) the days are short too but it's ok and I've concluded that the difference  is that the bit in between is bright and lovely whereas more often than not here it's grey.
  • Weather weather now cr@p and CBA regarding track session. Also found out I’ down to work Friday too which I hadn’t got on my calendar (and had intended long run)  :'(
  • It's not good when work gets in the way OH - especially when you're supposed to be retired!
  • Evening!

Yesterday's lyrics were See Emily Play, Pink Floyd.

Today's effort was 3x 500metres of gentle running. Will find out tomorrow if that was appropriate!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.