Thursday 17th October 2019 We hear you're leaving, that's okay

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: We hear you're leaving, that's okay
I thought our little wild time had just begun

What: fitness suite, plus perhaps another short run/walk

Why: not ready to run properly yet, but hopefully getting there

A week ago I was at friend Ricky's funeral; surprised today's song wasn't played.  

Chamolk,  re The Daily Thread: someone, anyone, starts the thread each day using a line or two from a song, usually the first line unless that contains the title. Everyone has to say whether they know the lyrics or not, but don’t actually say what they are. The answer is revealed at the end of the day, or more usually, the next day. Where possible the lyrics have a degree of topicality. 

People also say:

What: as in what training is planned

Why: that training will happen

Some add:

Last hard: noting a particularly hard run

Last rest: last rest day

Often people will comment on other things that they plan to do, or the weather!

Feel free to join us!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks Alehouse

Lyrics - don't know these ones

What - 6-8 miles with middle section at marathon pace
    Why - tapering for Dublin marathon
    Last hard - pb at a 5 mile race on Sunday past
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Beat me ale! Had lyrics, will have probably forgotten them by tomorrow!

What: walking if possible
    Why: it's what I do. Bad day yesterday so did a long walk to try and calm him down.
    Last hard: working out how to calm a very angry baby!
    Lyrics: no

Welcome chamolk
    Ale no after effects from the 500m stints yesterday?

Have a good day all
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Hold On Hope - Glen Campbell.

I hope there are no adverse repercussions Alehouse.

Oh dear Emzap - do you know what he's upset about? How is your recovery going?

Welcome chamolk - unusual name. Tell us a bit about what you're up to running wise.

My headache finally went yesterday and my RHR is down 7bpm this morning so hopefully whatever it was has gone. I may not be in PB shape but I intend to give it all I've got on Sunday so shall do my best to give myself a good chance. Hard to know what to expect/aim for - just as well I run to feel.

What:            short and easy/physio
    Why:             taper/ironing out the niggles
    Last hard:     tapering
    Last rest:      27/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh no idea. He's a baby, I guess life's hard when you eat, sleep and poo :lol:
    Though you may not feel in pb shape, go and enjoy the atmosphere (and the high fiving vicar)! When are you travelling up?

Hope Lucas is in a better mood today, we are going to attempt to go for a drink tonight for my oh's birthday...
  • I think there's usually some sort of reason behind it though emzap - too hot, too cold, hungry, gripy, nappy irritating etc etc - difficult to work out what though! It's freezing out here this morning - wrap up warm for your walk. Are you taking Lucas to the pub or having your first child free outing? We are travelling to York Saturday afternoon.
  • Morning,

Welcome Chamolk and good luck with Dublin

EM: Sorry Lucas was upset hard for  a baby as they can not tell you whythey are upset and so many reason's for it.

LMH: Good Luck for York and travelling on Saturday it maybe warmer in York;-)

What: 4 miles
    Why: Testing hamstring
    Last hard: Virus and hamstring
    Lyrics:Yes and Ale gave a wee clue :)

So 2 miles yesterday and 4 today which was hilly so looking good finally.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • No idea how I missed your post earlier chamolk - sorry.

Thanks Poppy, I certainly hope so!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all and welcome chamolk!
    Back to normality (?!) after 4 days in Wales - down in Dylan Thomas Country - near Carmarthon, Tenby & St.Davids. Managed to outsmart the weather too: when we drove it rained, when we stopped, it stopped!
    Sadly didn't get the boat trip t go seal/dolphin/bird spotting (inclement weather conditions) but had a few bracing walks!
    Run wise did a couple of 6-7 milers on 'undulating' terrain. 
    Will have a read back later to see what I've missed but trust all good with everyone?!

Today - U11 coaching, some 100 strides beforehand
    Why - trying to get back some speed
    last rest - 2 weeks ish
    last hard - Tuesday 
    lyric - possibly

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    welcome chamolk
    Dustin wow good result with the weather, sounds like you had fun. Enjoy the coaching
    alehouse enjoy fs and run/walk.  Glad to see you getting back
    LMH happy travelling and good luck!
    Emzap My son used to get upset lots as a baby, who knows why I didn't always! Wind I used to think
    Son didn't have such a good run yesterday afternoon, he felt below par. 
    Doing my tai chi as many days as I can due to not being able to go Yoga (babysit while daughter goes)
    What: 3 ish later
    why: trying to get miles up again gradually after a week or so of streak savers
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. 

LMH - yeah, it's just a username I made up in the late 90s when I was setting up an email account, and I've used it for a lot of things since. My real name is Conan

Didn't do my planned run today - the road I was going up was closed for roadworks, so I ended up doing a little over 4 miles with some fartleks. I do a bit of most things running-wise, mostly long distance - ten half marathons and one marathon so far this year, one more marathon to do. 
  • Afternoon!

Thanks for the info Chamolk! We are a very varied bunch, both in age and running ability, so everyone fits in! 

A pleasant day here, so have spent quite a chunk of time in the garden: good cross training. Short run and fitness suite later. 

As WP spotted, there was a hint regarding the lyrics!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    We managed about 5km walk to town and back. Much calmer here today, think someone is worn out!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, light bulb moment re clue, lyrics yes
    glad all is calmer emzap
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good to hear emzap.

You are good sacrificing your yoga Wabo.

Sounds like a good break Dustin.

Are you based in Ireland chamolk?

How are your niggles today Alehouse?
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Yeah, in the North, near antrim 
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Kayak (9.6k), run (3.16 miles), swim (360m)
    Why: cracker of a day

Last hard: having to work tomorrow
    Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wow oh your photos are amazing!
  • Welcome Chamolk
    ( My wife's from Tyrone)
  • Beautiful OH.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Welcome Chamolk

OH I was at the opposite end of the country down at Penzance for the last few days with work.

2 small runs in the bank

Still tired, still little niggles but OK

Take care all
  • Evening!

Stunning photos, OH! Reminds me of the Mersey!

What: 2k run plus stretches. 2 stops at traffic lights and one for phone call.

Why: trying to get back into running, quads slightly tender (there's always something of course), plus phone call was to offer me half a term's work... which I turned down. Will do the first week for them though. Not a school I have been to, but apparently I was recommended, which is always nice to know; obviously it will be one of the tougher schools...