Morning

What: walking
Why: mode of transport/keeping some fitness
Last hard: sleep!

Lucas was so good last night, slept in the bar so we could have a drink :smile:

Have a happy Fri

Comments

• Morning.

I'm glad you had a nice evening emzap. I hope Mr emzap enjoyed his first birthday as a dad. I'm the same (for different reasons of course) - I am tired of an evening and usually get off to sleep easily but I wake in the early hours and can't get back off.

I thought you wanted some work Alehouse? That seems like quite an increase running wise - don't rush it.

Good to hear that things are getting better RFJ.

What:            short and easy/carb loading
    Why:             York
    Last hard:      I think today is going to be a long day
    Last rest:       27/7

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

I'm being careful, LMH! Last five runs have been 1.2, 2.1, 1.89, 1.54 and 2k yesterday, all with at least 3 stops. 

re work, I only want 2, or at the most 3, days a week. I'm supposed to be retired, remember!

What: another short easy run. At some point there will be no stops; whether it is today, I won't know until I run. Plus shorter fitness suite

Why: trying to gradually get running again. The last time I ran more than 5k was August 19th! 

May well be dodging showers today, for a change!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ah - I didn't realise it was full time for the term Alehouse. Definitely too much if you don't need to do it. Glad to hear that you feel good to go again today. I'm just waiting for it to warm up a little before I head out, no rain forecast until later this afternoon.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    emzap, these lyrics I am sure I know but the song eludes me...
    good boy Lucas! Glad you had a good evening
    Alehouse agree about there is always something, currently left achilles is getting lots of stretching and rubbing!! Enjoy your run
    OH photos are amazing
    RFJ nice to get 2 runs in the bank, hope the niggles ease
    LMH so close now!!!

What: only a  mile later
    why: babysitting for daughter
    last hard: last night 
    last rest 31/12/16
     I loved last nights run, round my daughters block where she lives is .4 of a mile with a bit of an uphill (tiny) I ran 6 loops, each getting faster (1st was 4.18, last was 3.49) then ran off up hill and round a crescent, ran back down and did loop 7 the fastest! 3.2 in the bank and under 10mm (good for me). 
    Another packed weekend but I am not running about so hopefully relaxing - OH has a driving experience tomorrow so I will take running gear and a book. Sunday see mum.
    Have a good weekend and race well all who are racing!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone. 

Lyrics - yes
    What - few easy miles
    Why - tapering. Thinking of trying for a parkrun pb tomorrow morning

Fairly crisp morning here, think I'll need to find my gloves
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    OH - those photos, looks a bit sh*t really. Not jealous at all....
    Wabo - nice looping
    Ale - 5 days a week, shocking! Have to admit after a few days away I could certainly do with a 2 or 3 day week....
    Chamolk - tapering and a PB attempt?
    LMH - enjoy the taper, one of my local pals is running that one (her first mara)

What - easy lunchtime / club awards bash tonight 
    Why - recovery / end of term
    last rest - 5/10?
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes I think so
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale I'm pretty sure you know these lyrics!

Cham what Dustin said

Dustin are you training for anything specific at the moment?
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Yeah I suppose it sounds strange now that you mention it. Not going to go flat out, it'll be more like a fast tempo run, but I think that'll maybe get me close to my pb. I like to enjoy the benefits of all the recent training, and I liked a good, short race as a psychological boost before the marathon - Did the same the weekend before London, equalled my parkrun pb at the time. 
    Got a half marathon pb recently and a 5 mile pb last weekend. I'm tapering my mileage, but trying to keep a bit of the intensity, and I find I can recover from 5k runs pretty easily.
    If it isn't going well, I'll just ease off after the first mile. And not do it again next time 😊
  • Morning again!

Yesterday's lyrics: Rikki Don't Lose That Number, Steely Dan.

Supermarket shop done. Definitely cross training.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I call Lucas manoeuvring cross training too ale! It's nearly 4kg of shifting weight so it must count right?!
  • Definitely, Emz!
  • Dublin is a week on Sunday isn't it? I'd say that should be plenty of time to recover from a fast 5k - as long as you don't get injured! Are conditions going to be good chamolk? What time did you run in London and what are you aiming for next weekend?

Great when you have a run like that Wabo.

Enjoy the evening out Dustin.

I think so emzap.

Are you going to be able to avoid the showers do you think Alehouse?

Just four miles for me this morning, had to have a word with myself to not make it six. Not exactly easy but it was nice to turn the legs over and manage two miles at nearly MP. Now carb loading, baking and trying not to stress...........
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Yeah , Sunday 27th. Might be a bit wet overnight here tonight, so I'll see how things are in the morning - it's my local course so I know it well, and it's a fairly good path most of the way.
    Ran 3:55 in london, I'd like to get sub 3:40 in Dublin, but I'm just see how it goes on the day.

Have to say , I'm enjoying this forum - nice to have people talking running, as my wife has been getting fed up with me talking about little else recently 
  • That would be a nice chunk to take off. Always good to have people to talk running too:-) Are you doing London again next year?
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Got a ballot spot (first time in 10+ tries), but I think I'll defer it until 2021. Its only 3 weeks after Paris, so I'd rather wait a year, train for it properly, and enjoy it. 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Are you also doing Paris then? What number marathon is Dublin? 
  • Was last year a charity place then? Three weeks after Paris would be doable.
  • Afternoon!

Obviously I was only joking when I said I didn't know the lyrics, Emz...or it was the dead of night.

What: 2 x 1k with just the one break at half way for a little stretch. Everything very slow; in fact slower than the pace that my longer runs were earlier in the summer. Not sure that I could go much more quickly. Glutes seem to still be lacking strength, rather than any discomfort; that is reserved for the adductor, although it is only mild.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Sorry,  didn't manage to post yesterday. Signal is a bit wonky here in the mountains :)

Nice to see new faces. Welcome chamolk. Strategy sounds good to me. Lots of people do a fast parkrun a week or so out. Hope it goes well. And congrats for getting into London.
    Your training seems to be going well judging by all those PBs :+1: 

Great running,  wabo :)

Getting there, ale.

Babies definitely count as cross training,  em. It's constant weight lifting.

That sounds like a good confidence building run,  LMH. What are you baking?

Your photos are always stunning, OH

What: 3 hilly miles
    Why: there are no flat bits anywhere near
    Last hard: that was. My legs are properly mashed after a long hike yesterday
    Last rest: 12/10
    Lyrics: yes
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Dublin next weekend , then Paris. Dublin will be number 4, though there was a 10 year break between numbers 2 and 3.

Did London this year via a charity spot (a charity that helped my family a lot after my niece was born with a genetic problem).

I suspect 3 weeks would be OK, but I wouldn't expect any improvement in time. And I don't feel the need to run it just to experience it, since I ran it this year. If that makes sense. I'll likely defer to 2021 and maybe have a blast at a sub 3 (I say hopefully /unrealistically) 
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Much more scenic than my local running routes
  • It's running Alehouse!

Three weeks would be just about right to allow the benefit of the first marathon to have an effect whilst the fatigue wears off but if it doesn't suit you to do them both then makes sense not to. I'm guessing you entered Paris before you knew you had a VLM place? Don't limit yourself - if you think you can go sub 3 then make it happen!

That is stunning chicksta but you really need to think about running routes when you plan these holidays:-) Today is was banana and chocolate muffins.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick that looks amazing, but ouch the legs!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Ah sorry chamolk, I though the mara was this week - a zippy 5k 8 days back should be OK. 
    I'm not sure you can run two quality marathons three weeks apart though - certainly make the first one the "A" target. 

Chick - I'll disagree with LmH here: that looks like you did plan your running routes around the holiday !!
    Only a slight tinge of envy here....
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick what amazing pictures!

Cham I also thought it was this weekend :)

I think we've walked about 4km today. Got caught in the rain for the last 5 Min. Have eaten 3 pieces of cake so think I need to walk more!
  • That was taken on yesterday's hike. It was a bit too rough in places to run :)

Chamolk: deffo more scenic than my usual routes too :D
    I love being on hols in a beautiful place. So much to explore :smiley: So far reach run here was a different route.

Em: That sounds like you're allowed to eat cake again. Brilliant 👏
  • I like being on holiday in beautiful flat places chicksta...........LOL.
  • That that looks wonderful Chick

swim and yoga today fitted around work
    doing what I can
    lyrics: no