Saturday 19 Oct 2019 - You alone know what is right People all should feel this way

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
You alone know what is right
People all should feel this way

Yesterday was Blackbird Beatles

What: hopefully a walk but no parkrun due to rugby
Why: visitors and rugby
Last hard: juggling

Oh how cold is the water at the mo?

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

Do you mean that you have visitors watching the rugby with you emzap? Or have you decided to watch the rugby rather than go to parkrun? Whichever - enjoy - and I hope you can get out for a walk.

Sounds as though you made the most of your time OH. Are you going to be able to fit a last long run in before you taper?

Forecast for tomorrow is a tad on the chilly side for me. I shall difficulty staying warm on the start, throwaway cardi or not. Heading to York mid-afternoon so a nearly normal day in prospect though I shall try not to walk my usual five miles plus.

What:        short and easy
    Why:          taper
    Last hard:  making sure I've packed everything I want
    Last rest:   27/7

Lyrics - no. 
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Travel safe lmh.  Just a tip for York, there was an inside waiting area last year but they don't advertise it so you need to hunt. Good for keeping warm if needed/changing in. Also, I think you can pay  a small amount for a shower in the sports centre if needed.

We are watching the rugby instead of parkrun and visitors coming after.
  • Thanks for that emzap - where should I be looking for shelter? Fortunately I can have a shower at my friend's before travelling home. You must like the rugby to miss parkrun cos I know how much you like parkrun :-)

Just back from doing the shopping and the heavens opened - no rain forecast of course.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: a surprise!

Why: parkrun! Decided to bite the bullet and test the legs; the real answer will be tomorrow of course. Some stretches but no warm up. First k in 6:10, starting off very steadily. Long stretches under water. Gradually upped the pace and passed over 60. Furthest run since August 19th: 2 months to the day! Time was about 26:15 but that really doesn't matter.

Heard the first 35 minutes of the rugby and then the last 15. Quitely optimistic on that front as well. And come on Ireland!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I hope you haven't set yourself back Alehouse.
  • Pretty confident that I did the right thing, LMH! Will back off again for a day or two though! Sometimes you never know until you try.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone

Lyrics - no

What - parkrun with a few miles either side. Pb wasn't happening today, but happy with my second fastest parkrun
    Why - taper/enjoy parkrun
    Last hard - this morning
    Current hard - watching the ireland vs new zealand match currently 😭
  • Afternoon!

Sounds like a decent effort, Chamolk! Ireland need more than a decent effort over the last half an hour!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh difficult to describe but as you go into the event village from the busses, if you carry on to the furthest right hand part, there was a building open that you can shelter in. I think it's next to a river... If you can find a map of the start, I'll see if I can point it out for you.

Chamolk great effort at parkrun :)

And lmh yes re rugby Vs parkrun. Final is 9am on my birthday so I'm turn between a birthday parkrun and watching the final. I suppose if England isn't in it, it does make for an easier decision!!
  • Long run (tick) albeit slowly
    Why: running out of time
    Last hard: that was
    Missed parkrun, rugby and politics 😂
  • Well done parkrunners 👍

Probably best to dodge politics at the mo, OH.

Second fastest parkrun sounds good, chamolk.

Hope there are no repercussions, ale.

Fingers crossed for an exciting birthday final then, em :)

Best of luck tomorrow, LMH. I do hope the stars align and you have an awesome race 🤞
    I shall be halfway up a 3000 ft climb when you start. We're planning a challenging hike tomorrow.

It probably wasn't very clever to run a killer trail half today 🙄 but it was only an hour from here and very scenic so I entered on a whim. Boy, it was tough. Not very technical, just relentlessly hilly. Good prep for Two Oceans though :)

Was hoping to get in under 2 hours ago so happy with 1:55 and 2nd old bird. Had to walk quite a bit on the step climbs and compared to the local folk here I'm still shite at downhill running. All in all a fun day.

• Evening! Got out of the forum habit over the last days. Sometimes it can be good to have a break.

Need to read back - for now good luck to LMH for York tomorrow!

What: nothing
    Why: travelling home
    Last rest: today

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

Parkrun no 491.... decided to see how the niggle was and push it hard but not max out.... found it tough towards the end and dropped off a little, but happy with 23:57 and 90th, but the niggle has niggled this afternoon.....

Still feeling tired and that has also been brought up at work..... don't know yet if this is the MS or not or just out and out busyness

Well done Chicksta

Take care all
  • Emzap 10°C sea water here just now

[Polar Bear Challenge begins on 1November - 250m * 2 and 3000m total each month from November to March for “Arctic” level, all in standard swimming costume (no neoprene) +- standard swim cap and goggles.]